Botox for Crows Feet - New South Wales, Australia

I have been very unhappy with result. Too much...

I have been very unhappy with result. Too much botox was injected under my eye and I have ended up with a bag under the left eye due to pseudoherniation of the orbital fat pad for this eye. There has been an increase in wrinkles under the eyes (creping) and i feel my eyes now look older than before the treatment. The photos attached were taken 3 weeks before and 12 weeks after treatment. I liked my old eyes better. Hope I get them back soon.

Botox gives amazing results when properly injected. For craw feet injection of angle of eye upper, mid and lower part of angle, not ever in lower lid. Also, injection of outer angle of eyebrow raises the brow, reduces laxity under the upper lid and gives a fresh look
Amazing Results...... Botox Injection
I had exactly same result - I have had botox before for my crows lines but this time my dr advised I should have corner of my under eyes done - I too have bags and creases under my eyes - also since I had this done my eyes seem dry and sticky - even blurry eyesight....can anyone tell me if this will wear off please?
Actually botox is not recommended under eyes as it is known to cause lax muscles thus bags emerge . I inject my patients with blepharospasm in edge lower lid to weaken spasm. Under eye wrinkles are better injected filler & fractional laser to tighten muscles

Good info, thanks nevine!

-Britt

It has only been 2.5 months since I had my botox injections, but it is starting to wear off. I'm ok with that though, because it means the bags will be gone soon!!

I really loved what the botox did to eliminate my crows feet & I'd love to have it injected into the sides again. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go down the fillers road or not. Since you mentioned blepharospasm, fillers, or fractional, I would love to hear your thoughts on just doing the botox on the sides & nothing to the under eye area.

Megan, I didn't mean that fillers cause blepharospasm, its a disease of unknown cause that is treated by botox successfully. If u don't have wrinkles or halos under eyes then fillers with botox will give a better look, if only craw feet then botox would be enough.

Oh, ok - thank you so much for clarifying :)

I will probably decide in the next month or two which way to go. I really appreciate your input!

I'm a neurologist and inject botox for spasticity and hemifacial spasm. It is not recommended to inject botox under the eyes as it leads to sagging of the lower eyelid and increases the wrinkles. for crow feet it is injected at the angle of eyes. wrinkles under eyes are better treated by fillers or fractional laser or both

Thank you so much for sharing this information! I too received injections under my eyes & noticed a big increase in the "bags" when I smile.  I keep telling myself it will wear off, but I must say I find myself not wanting to smile as big since I know the bags will pop out, and thats not a good feeling.