Vi Peel - Breakouts and Slow Healing Process - Normal?

Looking to look refreshed, help with some...

Looking to look refreshed, help with some hyperpigmentation issues, light to medium breakouts, dullness etc.

I am on day 7 after the vi peel and I havent seen an improvement in my skin yet..in fact it looks worse. The areas on my cheekbones, chin area and forehead are still peeling, raw and red. In addition to this I have had started to break out. Normally when I break out I get a whitehead here or there but these pimples are hard, large and deep under the skin. Ive started to get these on my chin, nose, cheeks and forehead. Whats going on? I thought the Vi peel was supposed to diminish breakouts not make them worse.....what can I do? I have a major event in two weeks and need to fix this fast!!

The peel was definately more painful than I expected. I was told that I would be able to go back to work etc. Not so...I needed to take a week off of work and its still not totally back to normal. Started breaking out with large, hard, deep pimples that feel cyst like. What are these? are they normal?

Getting a chemical peel or even just a facial can cause your skin to purge the following days after therefore causing you to break out.
Hi, frog, I don't know if you ever found a cure. But I have the same thing. And so far I think I either have an allergic reaction to sugar.. or something closer to diabetes. So you may want to change your diet.. or search up on such things. This information is for anyone else.. this came after years of the problems as states above, going to dermatologists. etc.. I've been searching for this because of acne as well. Topicals can make the symptoms go away. But you are not healing why..
It is clear that you did not have a ViPeel done but a knock off or imitation peel. No active ingredient in the ViPeel is over 14%...did your physician or aesthetician mix up a formula to equal the peel? What did your patient take-home kit have in it?

Carmen. I appreciate your response. Thanks for that info! Thats really helpful. I'm about have a v peel. Hope I'm not dissapointed

I was wondering if you had your vipeel and if so what type of skin you have.
I have done a peel that causes the type of exfoliation that vi seems to do several times. I kept trying different types of peels (I have very obvious melasma) and I ran into the same problem. What I had to find out MYSELF by searching the internet many hours, is that what will happen is that if the old skin doesn't exfoliate fast enough, the skin underneath will get congested and clogged with the dead skin from the peel. You should be using an exfoliating cream or wash and gentle microderm scrub (usually day 2 when the skin starts to get dry and tight before starting to peel) to get the old skin off. Use a healing cream all times to soften the skin so that it can be exfoliated or it sill not slough off fast enough and skin will become too dry. LaRoche and Biomedic make great products for this. Available online and ebay. A topical antibiotic ointment from the doc with help clear the breakouts faster and keep them from getting worse. Wish doctors knew this stuff but it seems that we have to find this out from estheticians and personal experience. Use a noncosmedogenic sunscreen to prevent premature aging of your new sensitive skin along with other non clogging products for aftercare. Continue to use a micro scrub to keep the pores from clogging after healing and keep up the results of the peel.
Scrubbing & exfoliation beyond the peel 'kit', or any for that matter, will force the skin to peel prematurely and is manually removing the skin. This is NOT to be done so soon at all, it can lead to scarring...
I definately agree. No scrubbing with any peel. I should clarify. My personal experience is that I had to use a GENTLE alpha formula wash (<10%) and biomedic makes a GENTLE daily microexfoliation scrub (once the peeling begins) that is recommended during the peeling period and maintenance afterward. I am 39 and my skin doesn't exfoliate very fast. Probably someone younger will not have to do this. An estetition (sp?) also recommended this to me along with antibiotic on the breakouts. So I guess if this is a much stronger peel or your skin is thin and sensitive then you definately need the advice of a competent dermatologist.
Please excuse the terrible spelling in the previous post :(