Latisse for Lash Puller - New Orleans, LA

Cons: red eyes; dry eyelids near lash line;...

Cons: red eyes; dry eyelids near lash line; initially I could see the difference but after 2 months my mature lashes seem to be coming out very easily.

Pros: initially saw results in less than a month

I have suffered from untreated trichotillimania (lash pulling) for decades. I initially saw some results with Latisse within the first 3 weeks, but after 2 months the seemingly mature lashes 9longest) are falling out on their own. Are my lash follicles too damaged from the pulling?

She listens to you. Great office hours.

After 40 years I'd tried them all. I found Trich Stop Hair Growth Oil to be MUCH more effective and MUCH cheaper than Latisse. Plus eventually I could stop using it, but I stayed pull free. I still keep some with me in case I get a sneaky urge. I highly recommend it.
I've been pulling for 2 1/2 years and trying so hard to stop but can't. It's making me incredibly miserable because I have to think about all things I'll have to do with no eyelashes (if I ever get married, when I perform onstage, when I have to do a junior/senior recital, etc). I always feel like if I got my lashes and brows to grow back in, they would look beautiful enough and I would be so grateful I wouldn't pull them anymore. Has anyone felt a similar way? Maybe if Latisse would make them grow back in and I actually psyched myself into believing it would help then I could stop. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
This is life changing!! I have been a puller for 36 years and can go years between episodes. My lashes have become short and thin with age and take forever to grow back. I had a pull-fest in Jan 2010 and 10 weeks later there was no growth. My MD gave me latisse and within a week the bald spot was growing (likely just good timing, but hey, I'll take it!!) Now my lashes are long and gorgeous and no desire to pull. My question/comment to the community is that right after my first 16 weeks were completed, I noticed that the former gap in my lashes was shorter and growing in at angles, not straight out... Has anyone else experience this and have suggestions to "even things out" again?
ps - the main reason I need help is because my trich wants me to pull the longer lashes on either side AND pull the ones growing at angles... I am sure you all understand! ;)
Yes, some my new lashes grow in curling in the wrong direction and it does cause me to have the urge to pull them out since some bottoms ones are growing straight up - cannot put mascara on those. I don't know if this is related or not, but back in April I developed eczema at the outer corners of my eyes and even along my lash line. My dermo forbade me to wear any makeup. Scary thought for someone who has bald spots on their eyes. I still had to put on a little eyeliner pencil on the thin spots.I started using Latisse once in a while again. I try to just get it on the bald spots.
I think the Latisse is still helping what lashes I have to regrow faster and longer. Although some grow in with a weird curl to them - such as growing down or to the side. Very few lashes are growing in where my thinner spots were from the pulling. The new lashes also seem to fall out quicker. I am trying a suggestion I saw on this site from someone else. When I notice the lashes growing in, I use the latisse less in that area. I am still using the second of the 2 bottles I bought back in March. The latisse is giving me the results I hoped for but for now I am sticking with it. I do agree the us lash pullers are stuck with very thin lashes. I also don't think if I took the meds to stop the urge completely all of my lashes would grow back in. Too much damage. I really don't have strong urges to pull for the last several year.
I am considering using this and I have suffered from trich for the past 30 years. However I recently started using NAC (N-Acetyl-Cysteine) per all the articles i have been seeing on it lately and haven't pulled in about 6 weeks I recommend it highly as it seems to really help control the urge to pull - now that i have natural growth starting i am thinking about using this to help it along - good to hear it seems to work!
The n-acetyl-cysteine is a great tip. Thank you. My trich is limited to my lashes and brows, rarely doing noticeable damage to my brows, but ever few months I pull enough eyelashes to make an obvious gap (or several). I'm thinking of trying that and the Latisse and maybe the two will fix things, and keep me from breaking them again. really great info. Hope it works.
I was/am a former lash puller. At the age of 36 (after starting at age 6), I have managed to let my lashes grow in on their own. i have read the comments about lashes coming out leaving bald spots-after using Latisse. I will say, I experience that problem myself-without using the Latisse. I am afraid it is our lot in life for pulling our lashes. :-) My lashes have grown in fuller as time has passed, but I will still have them fall out easier and leave areas bald. Luckily, it rectifies itself after about three weeks. It is not the Latisse causing it. I got on the site to see if Latisse would help stop the balding cycle, but I am guessing the jury is out on that one?
It's been 9 weeks and I look so different! I was completely balded from pulling but now I wear mascara every day! I went from applying Latisse every nite to every other nite. My friends were so impressed with my results that they are interested in Latisse themselves. I suffer from Trich NO MORE!
I've had trich for about 10 years (always just on the eyelashes) and am on week one of Latisse. Honestly, I can't notice any difference yet, but that's expected. I don't think Latisse is designed to make lashes grow faster, just fuller and longer as they grow at their normal pace. But, I can say that using the Latisse has helped me resist the urge to pull. When I get the urge and start playing with my eyelashes, I definitely have an easier time telling myself to stop. Hate to admit it - but spending so much money on it is probably the biggest motivating factor! Why would I want to ruin something I've spent so much money on! It's impossible to know how long this effect will have on not pulling, but at least it's working for now. Perhaps once they grow in all pretty, THAT will be my motivating factor and I can go off Latisse altogether. As for the product itself - I did initially have a hard time applying the product as directed. One drop on the brush wasn't enough, and I had to use two drops per eye and was so worried I'd go through the bottle in no time. I since have found that if I put one drop in the cap of the bottle and dip the brush into it, it seems to transfer from the brush to my eyelids easier. Also, as for getting it prescribed - I went to my general physician, and he kinda gave me a hard time about it. He'd never prescribed it before, but I told him I did my research, knew all the side effects, and that I thought it would help my trich. This was the first time I've ever talked to ANYBODY that candidly about my trich, and it was pretty difficult. He highly suggested that I go on anti-depressants, and that he would prescribe them for me, but I sternly told him that wasn't an option for me. He finally hesitantly prescribed me Latisse, and I had to assure him I felt it was the right thing for me. Let's hope next time I go see him, I can show him the beautiful results!
DON'T let your doctor con you into going on antidepressants for a trichotillimania! 1) Antidepressants can CAUSE trichotillimania, or make it worse. 2) Antidepressants have all kinds of horrible side effects that would make them SO NOT WORTH IT for something as minor as pulling some lashes: nausea, diarrhea, constipation, headaches, stiff neck, tight muscles, tingling fingertips, dry mouth, bad breath, receding gums, hot flashes, weird "nodding off" kind of sensation, dizziness, poor balance, obsessive or compulsive behaviors, EYELASH and EYEBROW pulling, weight gain or anorexia, spaced out feeling, loss of emotional highs, loss of sense of humor, apathy, loss of sex drive or ability, vaginal dryness, and the list goes on. What's worse is that some side effects or AFTER affects don't go away. My neck is permanently screwed up, and my gums receded enough to make my teeth look like I was in my late 50s when I was only in my mid-30S. DON'T DO IT. Get the bimatraprost or work on some cognitive-behavioral therapy to counter the lash-pulling.
I think lashes fall out easily because the product which speeds up the growth process is still being used after lashes reach their maturity. The lashes reach the end of their life span faster. It makes sense to me to ease off using Latisse just before lashes reach their fullest to slow down the end of their life cycle.
I went to a general MD who offers a lot of cosmetic items. He was listed in the where to get Latisse section and he was local for me. Guess it earns him more money. He was not thorough in his assessment of my situation, asked no questions, I was in and out in 2 minutes....literally.
FENNEL will clear up any redness on eyelids. I use the tea bags, minimum amount of boiling water, slosh on with a Q-tip for about 5 - 10 mins. It doesn't matter how much gets in your eyes - its just a herb so it's an eye bath. It doesn't keep so after a couple of hours it should be discarded.
I went to my dermo. It was the first time I had ever told a doctor abut the trich. She didn't exam my eyes or anything, just told me she wasn't sure it would help me. I originally bought 2 bottles in late March and I still haven't run out of the second bottle & I do use it nightly. As I said in an earlier posting, when I ran out of the brushes I went to my local beauty supply store (Sally's) & ought a pack of lip brushes for $3 for a dozen. They work just as good. As an update - just in the last week or so, several lashes have come out - on their own - no pulling - and there is no regrowth. I hope this is only a temporary situation because I do believe the Lastisse was helping some. I do put it on m brows and lower lashes. It seems to help the lower lashes but not really on the brows. I do believe that Latisse is only going to help us "pullers" based on how much damage we have caused the hair follicle. Good luck!
I also have trich (am 23, have had it since i was 7), and have been looking for something to boost my eyelash and eyebrow regrowth, particularly since my eyebrows seem to have stopped regrowing. To get Latisse: did you get it prescribed by your regular MD, your eye doctor, a dermatologist, or some other medical provider? Thanks!
I am in maybe week 3 of using Latisse, have trich and lashes are growing on all parts of my eyelid. I am very pleased. The initial swelling is mostly gone and by using moisturizer at the corners of my eyes, they don't get dry or irritated. Guess the drug irritates skin.
I also have trich and my question is that if you have bald spots where lashes haven't regrown for a while, is it likely that Latisse will regrow in that area? I read something about damaging the hair bulb and wonder if that means Latisse would not benefit me. Have others experienced regrowth with areas previously bald for a period of time? Thank you.
I had no idea that I suffered and have suffered with trich until I saw it recently on an episode of 'House'. Now I'm reading that I truly haven't been alone. My big question regarding Latisse was would it regrow in the bare areas and it seems that it will, but will require maintenance at some point. Not sure yet if it's in my budget or worth the forever expense. Thanks all for sharing.
If I continue use after my 1st bottle is empty, I'm buying the actual glaucoma drug which doesn't have the inflated price. What a drug company won't do to make more money. $120 for 2 months worth is too much.
My dermo did not advise me that much on Latisse other than it might not help regrow the lashes in the areas where they had been pulled the most. Actually, in the corners of my eyes where the least pulling occurred, my lashes are definitely longer. I have not had any change in the color as of yet. My lashes aren't gray - they are actually colorless. I still have not finished my second bottle yet - so still sticking with it. My local paper had an article on Latisee. It quoted one local dermo as saying she used it for 4 months before seeing a difference in the number of lashes she had. So I still remain hopeful
Ok ladies...I've been using latisse faithfully for 3 wks and I now have lashes! I can't believe it! They are growing so fast and they look fantastic! I can't wait to go back to show my dermatologist. This product really works. I think by knowing I'm applying Latisse every night I've somehow blocked the urge of pulling. I can't wait for wk 16 to get here. I already feel like my old self again. Thanks Latisse!
Has anyone who had their lashes fall out after initial use, kept on using latisse 2-3 times a week? I heard that is required to keep the 'new' eyelashes. Has anyone had under eye swelling from Latisse? I swear I am not putting on too much, barely enough to wet the upper eyelid.
After using Latisse for over two months my lashes grew long and were very pretty, but then they started to all fall out and now my eyes are bald and my lashes are starting to regrow. I am not a lash puller. I don't know whether to continue use and start the process over or just let them grow out naturally w/o Latisse.