Tummy Tuck Less Than 2wks Away....so Panicked! - New London, CT

I am seriously thinking of cancelling......money,...

I am seriously thinking of cancelling......money, pain, and the thought of not being able to do much for awhile has me sooooo nervous. I had breast reduction surgery when I was 30 with the same PS and we have a great relationship so he knows I'm scared but now at 45yrs old and the only parent of a 9yr old and an 11yr old I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!:). Talk me off the ledge ladies......I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago and laughed at the six wk recovery time....went back to work and the gym at 10 days - zero pain. I wil share pictures later today when I finish running kids from sport to sport! Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my story! These types of forums were of great support to me when I had my breast reduction....I so appreciated the understanding that only comes from other women in the same situation. Thanks again,

Amy

Must haves pre-op?

My PS hasn't mentioned a thing about a binder or supplements etc....and I have seen these things mentioned on other posts...any ideas, suggestions? Thanks again!

Before photos....beware!:)

Posting these with great horror!!!!!
Dr. Thomas Sena

Best of luck to you! It'll be over before you know it. Don't cancel! You'll be thrilled with your results. Everything you're feeling preOP is what we all felt preOP but once you get to the other side, you'll forget all about it!
Thank you sooo much! Glad to know everyone feels the same angst! Lol
I have consulted with 2 doctors, both with very different prices. How happy with his work are you. I'm so scared of investing that kind of money only to be disappointed with the results in the end. I have lost a lot of weight and this is the only way to correct what is left, so I really want to do this, just very nervous.
Hey Hun, I wanted to say first off, don't cancel surgery!!!! I too was SO afraid I almost backed out too. Then I thought how much i hated the extra skin and living with it had become so unbearable I hated what I saw when I looked down. At 26 days PO I have NO regrets. I have a great list in my review, things you need and why. I'm working on buying a new compression garment, will update when I make my purchase
Oh I would love to have your list....I checked out your profile but couldn't locate it....can you point me in the right direction. Also...did they send you home from the hospital with a compression garment or did you have to purchase one? Thx!
Here this should work http://www.realself.com/review/mass-tummy-tuck-fit-woman-the-surface-saggy-tummy Yes I woke up from surgery with a Binder on. It's not the best. All the swelling goes down, so on top of the normal swelling I also have swelling from the lipo on the Mons area, my binder doesn't really compress that area. So I've been wearing a Spanx like CG then my Binder on top. I'm actually on a hunt for a stage 2 CG, I want one with legs that goes down below the knee, I hate the ones that cut you off mid thigh, like uhhhh ya please cut me off in the fattiest area so I can wear pants lol. So yes, you'll go home with one but you'll also need to purchase some Spanx, Flexees type garments too. I found a couple on Amazon, one slip CG with built in thong
Ahh hit post comment by mistake. I found the slip CG On EBay. Believe it or not KMart has a ton, and I'm going to check out Jcpenney and Sears tomorrow or Thursday.
Awesome info - thank you! I saw the ones you are looking for online at 'best tummy tuck binders'....hope that helps you! Seemed pricey though!
Now those ate more my type if prices....JCP and Kmart - gotta love it!:)
*ARE ,... Not ate....omg auto spellcheck! I better be careful! Also, I have noticed many comments regarding swelling of female private parts....is that true? And how long shall I expect that to last? I am surprised about how little my PS filled me in on....yikes!
Oh yes the swelling of the Mons (pubic mound) is different for everyone but that seems to be where all the swelling likes to go. I had a little lipo on that area so mine is extra swollen, which is why I'm looking for a better CG. Also, you get somewhat of a lift down in that area. Your pubic hair line is usually slightly higher and everything is just a tad "tighter". It's a nice extra that comes with this surgery lol. You'll have to experiment with CG's, I just bought a bunch of cheap ones but I think I'm gonna spend the $70-90 for the body suit with legs I want This is one I'm looking at http://contemporarydesigninc.com/store/pid-205-sc-285-stage-2-below-the-knee-girdle-sculptures-girdles.html
Are you getting a pain pump?
No pain pump....drains and sent home the same day. Yikes!
You will be fine. I'm positive we all go through these thoughts. Heck I know I have and still do at times. My sx date isn't until 12/5. Just think... You'll be in the other side soon. Recovering and enjoying that flat belly.
I keep telling myself I will be fine....it is sooo hard to keep your mind logical when all year irrational thoughts are fighting for space!! Lol...thank you and good luck to you in December!
I've had the surgeries you've had (breast reduction, hysterectomy, even gallbladder removal) You're a pro at this operation thing. LOL! You're going to do fine. It's natural to be scared though. I'm shivering in my booths but I'm ready to get rid of this nasty tummy. Wishing you all the. Best.
Thank you so much for the kind words....I know you are right!:). Good luck to you too!!!
Hang in there! You will be fine! I think you know that from past sx so relax and enjoy your new body when u get it! Welcome to RS!
Thanks for the welcome - such a great source of support RS has been...seeing all of your stories and all the sharing!:)