Writing 5 Hours Post Smart Lipo on Outer Thighs

I'm a 28 year old female, 5"4, 125 lbs. (10...

I'm a 28 year old female, 5"4, 125 lbs. (10 lbs. over my norm). I have two children ages 4 and 5 and go to the gym 7 days a week. I had fatty pockets on my outer thighs that just would not go away regardless of an hour or more of cardio daily and an hour weight class 3 x's a week. So, I finally decided to go for SmartLipo.

I have been reading reviews on this site and others since I made the appointment to see what I was in for. Well, big mistake. There are SO many reviews of people with bad experiences and complaints which only made me more nervous.

This morning, (the day of my procedure) I woke up and had horrible anxiety based on the pain that people had mentioned in their posts during and after their SmartLipo. I took a .25 xanax (which is nothing) to prep my nerves before my procedure which luckily took the edge off.

Ok, about the procedure...

Started out with about 3 lidocaine injections on the outside of my thigh. (That was the worst part of the whole thing.) After that, they injected the tumescent numbing fluid which was nothing. You feel some tugging and maybe a zap or two if they hit a sensitive area. No big deal. Then they begin the laser fat melting. By this time, you can't feel much but some moving and tugging. Again, no big deal. After that they used a traditional lipo to remove the dissolved fat and to do some contouring of the area. It took about 45 minutes for each outer thigh. I did get a stitch for each opening as I am allergic to medical tape. On go the compression shorts and I'm out of the office.

I took two motrin in the office before I left, put some ice packs on when I got home and now, here I am, sitting at my desk writing this review in no pain whatsoever. I will definitely not need to take the script for pain killers that I was given.

I must say, it didn't feel great, there were plenty of other things I would rather be doing, but, it didn't hurt THAT bad and now, even after the lidocaine wore off, I'm feeling like nothing happened.

I can understand that if you are having multiple areas done, that it could possibly be more painful, but, I think the worst part is having to lay on the table for long periods of time. I can't imagine laying there for any longer than I did. (I started about 10 and was out by 12:45)

I strongly suggest Smartlipo for anyone that is in shape and has an area or to that just won't go away.

Day 12- Still have some bruising and swelling but...

Day 12- Still have some bruising and swelling but it's getting better every day. As of this past weekend I moved out of the medical compression garments and started wearing a garment like "Spanx" but made by Maidenform. I also went back to the gym a few days ago to get back into my cardio routine. The first day I tried the elliptical on a lighter resistance than usual (10 incline and 7 resistance) and was only able to make it 10 minutes before it started hurting. Moved onto the stair master and was able to do that for about a half hour. Today is my third day back and I am able to do the elliptical for my usual hour at my usual resistance and then do the stair master for another 30 min. No pain at all. Tried wearing jeans the other day but it wasn't all that comfortable on my bruises so I put something more comfortable back on. I can't wait for the swelling to go away completely and get out of these annoying compression garments and back into normal clothing!  My surgeon said to wear them for 2-4 weeks and I'm going to stick it out to the 4th week for sure. I want my monies worth!

I just had smart lipo done 5 days ago on my love handles, upper and lower abs, bra lin. Did you notice a difference right away when you looked? b.c although i have had numerous parts of my body done I do notice a difference, but not a huge difference. Do you think this may be normal? I am so confused. I can def. tell there is FAT missing but I am thinking it would be more noticable now being the 5th day then the 1st or 2nd day.
I actually noticed more results the day of the procedure when I got home and took my garment off to change my bandages than today. I think my swelling is peaking. Maybe that's the case with you too? When is your follow up? Mine is tomorrow and I'm curious as to what he has to say. I have read that swelling can increase days after and hang around for weeks. Also, my surgeon stitched my incisions rather than leave them open so I'm wondering if the swelling is left over fluid under my skin that wasn't able to drain. Did you have a lot of fluid drain after?
I noticed more results the 1st day as well. I am now on day 5 I made a mistake on my last post. I believe I am more swollen now then I was the 1st day! I feel my garment getting a little loose on my back which my doc told me that is normal and I will notice is more frequently and then I will have to get a smaller size garment. My follow up visit isn't until next tuesday the 9th. my lower abdomen incisions are bruised and still open. I didnt get any stitches. I keep putting peroxide on them b.c they do hurt a little and they didn't close like the other incisions did. the 1st day and a half i did have a lot of fluids drain.... after that 2nd day I took a shower and was back to normal. I basically kept bandades on my incisions jsut to keep them safe...lol Not anymore. Only on the two lower ones that are being a pain in the ass! I was a little sore getting up and down...so i basically stayed in bed a lot. I did notice though that my lower abdomen is still buldging. NOT LIKE IT USE TO BEFORE..i am assuming that is fluid and swollenness. I really hope it goes away though. I hear a ton of stories that freak me out about mistakes. I dont think my doc made any mistakes... I just want to see my results more quickly. I am impatient! I have some pics on my camera. I dont have before pictures though..only like three after pics. I would post them... but they are not appealing and whats the point when you have no IDEA what my body was like before. :)
Thanks for your review! How are you feeling now?
Feeling good today! I did end up having some soreness about 48 hours after. Only really bothered me when getting up from sitting and while walking. Not enough to stop me from going out for dinner that night. I haven't needed to take the Darvocet that was given to me. Just 2 Advil when needed. The swelling definitely increased each day after the procedure. Seems to be better today. Tomorrow is my follow up appointment and I'm hoping he will tell me I can get back to the gym to at least use the elliptical on a lighter resistance. The toughest part of this whole thing is having to wear the compression garment and not being able to work out. It's killing me!
I am same size as you and getting outer thigh done and right under the butt. Did you have to wear bigger clothes while you we're swollen? Are you glad you did it?