Less Than 1 Week to Go - Jan 6 - New Jersey

I guess I'm considered entering into this game...

I guess I'm considered entering into this game late - I'm a 51 year old mom. Don't feel 51 and certainly don't want to look it. My daughter is getting married in May and I have been putting this off for years.

I have had multiple abdominal surgeries over the years that left my tummy looking like a bad tic tac toe design. I work out: team tennis, pilates and weights, P90X, spinning, etc. Tried em all and still this belly hangs on tight. I'm looking to feel great in my clothes no matter what I put on. My husband is retiring soon and wants to travel to more beaches, etc and I want to feel good. So here's my chance to just do it!!

Hi Trabay,

Thank you so much for all of your advice. Everything went well with surgery and I am now 4 days post-op. I feel pretty good today. I haven't has much pain at all and have been sleeping really well. I am still taking percocet, but plan on cutting back starting today. I only have one drain and I really haven't had too much drainage...only about 17 ccs yesterday. It has changed to more of a yellow color. I haven't been able to see anything and won't be able to see anything until Tuesday at my 1st post-op. He said that he will probably remove my drain at that time as well. When I look in the mirror it seems as though I am swollen underneath, but it is very hard to tell with the binder and the foam pads underneath. I have been trying to stay pretty low sodium, eat a ton of fiber, drink miralax, take stool softners, arnica and bromelain so hopefully, it won't be too bad. Still no BM yet, but I think it is coming soon. I am debating whether or not to take MOM tonight on top of the other stuff. I felt really good this morning until I hit my husband in the head by mistake while trying to get a fresh shirt on...I started laughing so hard and couldn't control it. Oh my god...the pain...then I was crying because it hurt so bad. Otherwise, everything seems manageable. Did you start taking Tylenol or Motrin when you switched off of your prescriptions?

I hope you are feeling well and are continuing to have a good recovery. If you have any advice, tips or words of wisdom, I would love to hear them. Thanks!
Just checking this for first time in a few days. So glad to hear you are doing well, I was wondering. I did take Tylenol for a while after pain meds. I'm still wearing my binder at night. It's hard to give it up. Hope the bm happens soon if not already. I was eating prunes on top of what you are doing. And drink lots of water. Just keep babying yourself, move slow, and don't be too hard on yourself. I'm still swollen over 7 wks later. Start great in the am and then by bedtime, I'm swollen all over again. I had lipo on muffin tops but not on the back. Wish I did though. I was bruised for a long time.

My biggest help during recovery was my heating pad and recliner. Did you have the drains out yet? We were all left with big fang marks in our pubic area plus it was really swollen there too for a long time. But I love the flat areas so all was worth it. Did you end up staying overnight and are you glad you did?

Hope you are feeling better every day and let me know how you are doing.
Hi NJ33, I absolutely loved my ps and have had a great experience with both him and morristown. I definitely would recommend staying over if you can. I didn't get out of surgery until 5 pm and I was thankful to just be wheeled to a room and have the catheter in for the night. I stayed in a private room and in the Franklin area which takes care of a lot of cosmetic patients. Staff was awesome all the way through. I don't know your surgeon. Dr. Glatt had me start on arnica before surgery to deal with bruising and swelling. Do yourself a favor and start taking Colace or something like it as a stool softener about a week before and continue well after. And have things on hand for constipation. That was the worst for lots of us from the anesthesia and pain killers.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll do great and will look amazing. It is awesome not to have the belly anymore! If you have any questions, etc feel free to ask. And stay connected to the forum, it was a lifesavor as you recoup. We obviously needed to talk 24/7 with all kinds of things that no one else gets. Hope you have someone staying with you. Good luck!
Morristown Plastic Surgeon