6 Weeks After Lower Eye Lid Surgery, I Have Bigger Eye Bags and Dark Circles

I am very upset and nervous, I used to have fine...

I am very upset and nervous, I used to have fine eyes and now they look so tired!! I am due back in the office in a week or so for follow up, but in the past 4 weeks my eyes literally looked the same without much improvement.

I used to think it's the swelling and over time it would subside, but it hasn't really and I noticed much darker circles under eyes now. I am not sure if I need to take out more fat or reposition the remaining, also I think the dark circle is caused by the remaining fat.

Would I need a filler to smooth out the eye area or additional surgery to correct this? I am so destressed now!

Update Jan 2013 Thanks for all your comments and...

Update Jan 2013
Thanks for all your comments and concerns.
After about 2.5 months I went to another doctor for a second opinion. The other doctor has had a lot more experience in eyelid surgery. According to him, there was still fat remaining that was not taken out (but he did agree that my previous doctor could just be conservative) and that I have some hollowness now which made it look worse. What he recommended was to have another surgery to get the remaining fat out and fat-grafting to position the fat to smooth out the lines and hollow.
In the meantime, he gave me a filler (Juvederm) to fill the hollow. At first it made one eye very bruised for about 2 weeks and some puffiness which made me look odd, but after about 3 weeks I looked more normal and now I am very happy with the result. He said it usually last about 6-9 months. I don't know if I should repeat this or have further surgery. I guess I will wait until the filler wears out and see what I look like then and decide.
So far, my experience from this is that for women who are in late 30s and early 40s, you should be cautious about eyelid surgery. A little puffiness may not be that bad, it's better to be safe because you have much to lose. For women in their 50s and 60s, their eye bags may be much more noticeable and the surgery results are typically more satisfying. Just something to think about before you commit.

I have enclosed a recent pic of my eyes, after the filler.

I had visited the doctor for other issues before.