Excited and Nervous - New Jersey

I am 45 years old. I have two children, ages 17...

I am 45 years old. I have two children, ages 17 and 14. I had gained alot of weight and tried every diet. I resolved myself that I would always be fat and dumpy. About a year and a half ago, however, I decided to change my lifestyle-not diet.

I started eating healthy and I went back to spinning at the gym. I didn't focus on the scale I focused on how much healthier I was feeling. I have lost over 55 pounds and kept it off for over a year now. The problem is my body doesn't show all of my hard work in the way I would like it to-I have hanging skin and sagging boobs.

I finally decided that I was too young for that and I am doing this for me. My husband loves me just the way I am but he said he will support me.I am scheduled to have a Tummy tuck, breast lift with augmentation, and lipo of flanks and thighs.

I was very nervous but this site has helped me feel so much better. I am not telling too many people because I am kind of private. That is why it is so wonderful to have all of you to help me through this. I want to thank all of the women who have posted their experiences, it means so much. I will continue to post as my day gets closer.

One quick question-did any of you rent recliners? I notice many of you post that it is easier to sleep in a recliner and there are companies who rent the recliners that lift. Is this a waste of my money? Thanks.

Good for you!!! You'll be a whole new lady come september :) After a decade and a half of raising kids you deserve it!!
Hi Teachermom. A recliner is nice but if you have the space, check out a hospital bed (like Kimmers25 did). We actually have a Tempurpedic adjustable bed so I was SOOO spoiled. I still needed help getting out of bed though the first week. Stomach much to tender & I would get shooting pains down my leg -- nerve endings healing. Before we got our bed, I checked into renting a recliner for my hubby who had rotator cuff surgery & he HAD to sleep in one. I looked for a big fluffy one; the 1 we have just doesn't recline enough if you don't have the weight to keep it back. Anyways, it was almost as expensive to rent as it was to go buy a new one.

Something you really should get though is a walker & the tennis balls on the bottom (unless you have a bunch of carpet). This saved my back & made getting around so much easier the first 10 days. If you have carpet, you'll have to pick up the walker but it still helps the back. Most of my pain was from my back -- you'll hear that alot on this site.

Don't get frustrated if you have to wear your "fat" clothes for a bit. I'm 4 weeks out & just got into shorts that fit before the surgery. At 2 weeks I was wearing jeans that I was getting ready to toss cuz they fit too loose. The looseness of them feel better on your incisions than our tighter fitting clohes that we worked so hard to get into. In this situation, comfort wins out everytime over vanity. Good luck & keep in touch.
I was already thinking about a walker from reading your posts. Definately on my list! Still thinking about recliner-not sure but I think I will probably get it. Thanks for your help-have a great day!

Hi everyone. I am slowly getting ready for my MM...

Hi everyone. I am slowly getting ready for my MM on July 11th. I have a few questions: did any of you order supplements from "MakeMeHeal.com"? Do they really help with swelling? Did they make you nauseus? Also, I have seen different things posted by people as far as what to get before time to prepare for recovery. Of course, I now can't find these particular posts because I need them. I will be posting before pics as soon as my husband can help me-I am a dinosaur with technology.

I did take pictures but I haven't gotten them up yet. I am getting a pain pump and 2 drains (which I am not looking forward to but they are a necessary evil I guess). Great tip for the shower-I do not have a big shower but I am sure I will figure something out. Thanks for all the tips! It is so helpful.
Don't forget your pre-surgery pics. Don't be shy about posting them. We all look basically alike. I am always super critical of my body (like the majority of us) but after I posted my bikini picture, I was really comparing (aka looking for something wrong) my before & after pics. I actually patted myself on the back & said I did good, and that the surgery was really worth it. I was able to be more focused on what good had happened than what little imperfections were still there.

Are you getting a pain pump? It is so worth it. Couldn't taka a shower until it was removed (which was in 3 days) but you are too wiped out to take a shower that soon anyways. Speaking of showers, if you have room for a chair in your shower, get one. We actually have a big, walkin shower so I got a big plastic one from Lowes in their bathroom department. Only $60. I still use it.
Hi I just had surgery yesterday (June 6) I had TT, Breast lift with implant exchange, and scar tissue removal. I did not have lipo because I don't have a lot of fat on my belly and my PS did not think I needed it.
I am one day post op and doing great! Ask your PS for a Pain pump--- SO WORTH IT!!
My main concern was nausea. I have had a total of 5 surgeries in my life including hysterectomy and each and every time I have been extremely nauseas afterwards. This time I asked for and received a patch to wear behind my ear that will stay in place for 4 days. It has been wonderful and I have not thrown up even one time!
I tried sleeping in the recliner, but hated it. Instead I just propped up pillows in my bed and under my knees and it works just fine.
Oh and ask your PS about the herbs out there. I had read about them and started to buy them but then called my Dr. He said there is overwhelming evidence that these (arnica m) can cause blood clots. So he says never, ever use them.
The only thing he wanted me to take is 1000 mg of pure vitamin c before and after surgery.
I have 5 drains in. 2 in the breasts and 3 in the tummy. The breast drains will come out tomorrow, the rest one week at a time. My PS is very strong about this and feels that the drains reduce swelling and infection. So far I am not that swollen at all so I think they are working. They sure are hideous though. I am so scared to have my kids see them! My hubby has been great with helping me drain them though.
Good luck to you. It is not that bad at all and you be happy when it is all over!

I went out yesterday and bought the supplies...

I went out yesterday and bought the supplies suggested by others that I think I will need:
polysporin
peroxide
surgical gloves
q-tips
gauze
wisp toothbrushes
Milk of Magnesia
Gas X
bed pads (some people said they leaked from the lipo)
feminine flushable wipes

ice packs
nonadhesive wraps
elastic exercise band
safety pins

Have I forgot anything? I am leaving for vacation on Wednesday and I will not be back until the (th of July so I am trying to get all my ducks in a row. My pre-op appointment is tomorrow. I also posted pictures.

As you can see....I am totally clueless about...

As you can see....I am totally clueless about posting pictures. It took me forever to figure it out and now I am upside down. (soooo typical for me).

Just came from PS appointment. I am paid in full...

Just came from PS appointment. I am paid in full and filled all of my prescriptions. I am off on vacation for a week and then it is my turn:)
Every now and then I get nervous and wonder what am I doing and am I being selfish but then I think, why not-I am worth it. I do everything for everyone else and this will make me feel so much better about myself.
I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair 4 days ago. I am so relieved by how much easier the recovery has been than what I was expecting. The first couple days the worst thing was the gas--that's why you need gas-x. Now the worst thing is back pain from walking hunched over and laying and sitting so much. One thing I would recommend anyone who's having a tummy tuck to get is one of those massage seat things that you can just put on top of your recliner/chair/couch. Turn it on and it massages your back and also has heat which feels sooooo good. Good luck, you will do just fine. The more you walk and the sooner you get off your pain meds the better you will feel!!
Wow...Just alittle over a week and your BIG day will be here! I'm so excited for u! I cannot wait to see your new body...I can already tell you're gonna look amazing :)))) Congrats girl!
The elastic band was recommended by several people for pinning the drains to if you were sponge bathing. A friend of mine said it really helped. I am having lipo and several people told me you can leak a little so have gauze on hand. The feminine wipes is easier for proper cleaning down yonder I am assuming if you are uncomfortable. I saw others say they got non adhesive wraps however I am not sure why but I picked them up anyway (kind of silly I guess but I didn't want to be home and then realiize I need them). My surgeon said be sure to have polysporin or bacitracin.

I just returned from vacation and I cannot believe...

I just returned from vacation and I cannot believe it is only 2 days away. I am glad I was in Disney because I was distracted. Every now and then I would think about it and a flush of nervousness would come over me. I spoke with doctor's office today and everything is a go for 7:00 on Monday morning. The one thing they reminded me was to be aware that when you get lipo you can have leaks. I got bed pads for my recliner but they said to have the car seat also protected (didn't think about that). Just FYI in case you are also getting lipo. I decided to wear a wrap dress -someone had recommended that and I thought that was a great idea. My surgeon thought so too. The wrap dress is too big ( I bought it when I had lost about 30 pounds- I lost an additional 27 lbs. so it just hangs). I just hope I can stay calm for the next 2 days. I know I will be happy but I am nervous. I seem most weirded out about the breast lift and augmentation-I don't know why. Thanks for everyone's support.
Good luck with your surgery I had mine the 5th of July so I was distracted from all my worries by the fireworks on the 4th. Let me know how everything goes! And everyone who says it is worth it aren't lying. The first three days are the most difficult, but a supportive caretaker makes it easier!
Thank you so much. Feel well!
Wow, you are super prepared for this and that is great. You will do just fine. Know that all of us are a bundle of nerves before surgery but stay positive. Everything will be just fine.

Well, it is 8:00 the night before my surgery....

Well, it is 8:00 the night before my surgery. Thank you to all the people wishing me well. I appreciate it. My surgeon called me an hour ago to make sure I didn't have any questions. I am drinking alot of water (he told me to stay hydrated). I am excited and keeping busy today. I will talk to you afterward.
Best wishes, hope everything goes well for you :)
Good luck tomorrow!!!!! :D
I appreciate that! I will keep you updated-thanks!

Hi everyone. It is late at night and I am in some...

Hi everyone. It is late at night and I am in some pain but it is managable. All went well. It was so funny...one minute I am talking to the anestesiologist and literally the next moment a recovery nurse was asking how I was doing and that it was all over. Moving around today has been challenging-thank god foe the help I have. I took my meds including nausea meds but I did briefly get sick anyway. I am feeling better now. I have to say I am so glad I have a rec liner that lifts, it has really helped. Wiping down yonder is a little challenging so my hubby has to help. (God I love him). Trying to stay hydrated -my doctoe said if you usually drink caffine to have some to avoid a massive headache so I am having a cup of tea. I was nervous about swelling but I really don't need a headache. been sleeping on and off since I came home at 6:30. My first post op appt is tomorrow. My breasts are beginning to hurt but I must say the lipo is probably the most uncomfortable followed by the tummy. I need to thank the women who recommended pads for leaking. I have been leaking alot!!! If you are getting lipo, get bed pads. Please also read Kimmers advice. I kept thinking today how alot of her tips were helpful. The wrap dress was perfect-the nurses said so too. Take care and I will post soon.
Yay!! You made it!!! :D Good luck on your recovery!!
I hope you are resting comfortably now. Use your meds and don't push yourself. It takes a little time but each day and each week is a whole different world. xoxoxoxo
Cheers! You made it! Stay hydrated and sleep a lot. Happy recovery!

Okay, it is about 7:40 in the morning and I am...

Okay, it is about 7:40 in the morning and I am feeling much better. Everyone is right, the pain is managable. The first few hours were unpleasant but by midnight I was feeling a little better. One thing that several ladies suggested and I firmly believe it is to stay on your meds and take them on time. I think that is why I feel so good. Thank you to all the ladies who went before me. You were so helpful. I have not peeked yet but the nurses were saying that everything looks really good. (My husband pointed out that they work for him but hell, I 'll take the good report).
my date is set for monday the 18th! I am so glad to hear that the pain is managable I have been hearing that more and more,,,,,,, did you say you had the pain pump? Thank you for posting the shopping list I used and added to it I will post mine tonight for future surgery ladies , also is there anything on the list you wish you had now after surgery or something that maybe you didnt need?
I am glad you are healing well cant wait to see you updated pix hugs and healing love !
So glad you made it though with flying colors. Can't wait to see your post-op pics. I thank myself every day for not talking myself out of my makeover surgery. I appreciate it more each day. You will feel the same.

Keep walking & concentrate on your DEEP breathing. It's amazing how little room you have left for your lungs to fill to their capacity, so gotta stretch that space back out. Remember also, little meals -- not much room for stomach to expand either. And stay away from gaseous foods -- that gas going through your intestines hurts like hell.

Luckily, all this is temporary and the light at the end of the tunnel is SO AWESOME. Sending some Texas sunshine your way to bring a smile to your face.
Thank you and yes...Yay!!! I am so happy to have the surgery over with.

I am feeling so great! I took a shower last...

I am feeling so great! I took a shower last night-my surgeon told me it was fine to shower with my drains in. It felt so good. It took my hubby a while to get me all re-bandaged up and to get my garments on. God bless him-he was exhausted. I took a picture but as you all know, I am clueless with posting pictures. I have to say I am SO HAPPY that I did this. I feel so much better about myself. I am swollen like a grape but I know thanks to the ladies before me that it will pass. My breasts look so much better. I told my surgeon I didn't want to go bigger (I am a small woman) just rounder and perkier. I am pleased with the results.

I am sooooo swollen!I am pleased with how the...

I am sooooo swollen!I am pleased with how the supplements are helping with the bruising but I swear I feel like I am going to pop. Any suggestions? I have been drinking just water-I thought other things might be retaining water but maybe this is normal. I know many ladies mentioned swelling but this is surreal.
Teachermom you look FANTASTIC for one day post op,you must be over the mooooon. ;-) x
Thank you, I am very happy. Thanks for the compliment!
I know what you mean about the swelling. I feel like a balloon right now, and it gets worse at night. Though I'm trying to be careful about what I eat, it doesn't seem to make a difference!

Hi everyone. Went to plastic surgeon-he said...

Hi everyone. Went to plastic surgeon-he said things look good. He said swelling was normal but he did give me a different garment that would make me more comfortable. The garment comes all the way down to above my ankles. The new garment is helping alot. I am more comfortable. I am off the pain meds-that doesn't mean I am pain free but it is managable. The lipo is the most painful:( I am hoping my drain will come out next week.

Tomorrow I will be one week post op. I am off pain...

Tomorrow I will be one week post op. I am off pain meds which is good. The worst part for me is being hunched over. When does that get better? Is there anything I can do to walk more uprite?It is very uncomfortable.
I am still swollen but it seems a bit better. I am itchy and I will be happy when my drain is removed-it is still filling up with about 60ml a day so I don't think I will be losing it until at least Wednesday. Thing are going well just the discomfort I described above. (I walk like the Hunchback of Notredame). I feel better every day which is good news.
Oh I bet! I have back issues anyways! I hope I will survive my TT! Can you take a muscle relaxer without getting queezy? Maybe that would help you be able to not be so hunched over! Just a thought!
Wow your quick to be off your pain meds my Dr. said I would be on at least 2 weeks! As far as standing up I think from what I read at least another couple of weeks~ but IDK! I wish I could be of more help! Are you so happy or what???? your look so GREAT!!!
Thanks, I am happy. The walking hunched over gets old fast:) The problem for the pain meds for me were that I felt nauseaus and woozy alot. It is nice not feeling queezy.

Tried sleeping in my bed last night for first time...

Tried sleeping in my bed last night for first time and did ok. My husband suggested it because of the hunched back. He thought maybe my back was having trouble because of always being curved in recliner. he might be on to something because it felt a little looser today.
I am glad to find out your recovery has been smooth. It sure feels good sleeping back in bed next to hubby, right? I just started doing it a few days ago.
It was wonderful. It makes you realize that things are getting better. It also helped my back.
looking good girl

Had a good day today. Tried driving-haven't felt...

Had a good day today. Tried driving-haven't felt up to it until today. WEnt around neighborhood with my son (he drives so if I felt woozy he could get us home). I got a muscle relaxant from my doctor and it has helped. I wish I could get my drain removed but still too much stuff coming out. I am trying to be patient (not easy grrr). Hope all is well with all of you.
When u slept in BEd did u Lie flat on u back?
I had pillows under my head and under my knees.
good I am glad your doing better! How's your morning going?

Having a good day. Everyone is right, every day...

Having a good day. Everyone is right, every day gets easier. I think the biggest problem is being careful to not overdue things. I ran some errands with my hubby today. I is wonderful to feel normal (or sort-of...I still have this funky drain). To all the ladies just recovering, know that it does get better because it can be difficult at moments.
I am glad to hear it's getting better for you! and you had a good day.
holy cow! u look amazing!! I still dont look that good and I am over a month post op! LOOKIN GOOD!!
You are too kind. I appreciate the positive feedback!

Day 10- Okay...I still have 40ml of kool aid...

Day 10- Okay...I still have 40ml of kool aid coming out of my drain. MY doctor said I will be good by Monday, so Monday it is. My hubby and I took a drive down the shore today (yes, this is New Jersey-we call it the shore, not the beach). However, I have never met people like those characters on reality T.V. -Most of us are just normal people. We had lunch on the water and it felt so good to feel comfortable (don't get me wrong..I am not pain free but it isn't bad). It is wonderful to know that you are on the road to recovery. I just thought I would tell you ladies who are just post-op that. It is difficult being in the house wearing a lovely housedress. You have down moments and wonder when you will turn that corner. Don't worry, better days are just around the corner-hang in there.
You and I seem to be having the same experience. I too am a little worried because my drain is a little red. I am hoping there is no infection starting. My blisters are subsiding-I think it had something to do with the swelling-but what do I know. My binder isn't as tight so I guess a little bit of swelling has gone down. My feet and ankles still look ridiculous however. I will be thinking of you on Monday- Good luck on Monday.
This is so wonderful to hear that u have been able to have a wnjoyable date with your hubby....i am very happy for you!!! How are the blusters going, i am hoping that has subsided. Am i understanding correctly that you too will b getting drains out monday? Hope so, monday will be glorious for me as i am so tired of having mine! My drains have actually become a little red around them, i am hoping this is normal and not a sign of infection. Anywho, so glad to hear you are well enough for a date night....sending a smile your way. :)

Dawn
you look very good! Nice results! I hope you journey to healing is a smooth one.

Hi everyone! Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post op...

Hi everyone! Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post op and I am feeling very well. I actually led a pretty normal life this weekend. My daughter and I went to breakfast today and did some school shopping. We then made dinner together. My husband and son are doing a father and son trip (they do it every year). I was worried but I am fine. The best part is my drain is finally empty!!!!I hope it is therefore it will be coming out tomorrow. Everyone says it hurts a bit but I will just bear it-lets face it, we are all very strong ladies. Thank you again for everyone's advice-this site is such a blessing.

I forgot to mention...I am walking upright! You...

I forgot to mention...I am walking upright! You ever see those pictures with the caveman and the subsequent pictures with man standing a bit taller and a bit taller until they are walking upright on two legs. That is how I feel-I slowly evolved to an upright position. I also found I had to walk really sloooww when I started walking upright-so don't worry and take your time.
You are so right. I have always had a problem with resting. I think most women do-don't you. Men don't seem to have that problem...hmmm. At work they call me the "energizer bunny" because I am always on the move. I was just saying to myself that some of this swelling is definately my own doing. Thanks for the help and good luck to you.
OH it's always easier to give advise! ha ha ha!!! But as I get older I realize the importance of taking the time to rest~ And some how I could see you as an energizer bunny! Now a really HOT one for sure! Just make sure to take care of your beautiful new body you so deserve it!
It sounds like your doing SO well standing and everything! amazing! Happy to hear your doing well! About your possible infection~ watch it close if the red circle starts growing bigger call your dr~ you need to get a handle on it right away~ put some neosporin on it and keep it clean~ you don't need an infection at this point as your healing so great~ It also sounds like you need to be resting a little bit more and elevate your feet! I know it's not always easy but with all that swelling but you need to listen to your body too! : )

I am 2 weeks post op today and my drain is out!!!...

I am 2 weeks post op today and my drain is out!!! yay! I was so nervous because some people had said it would be painful but Dr. Greco is so great-he told me not to worry and said he would give me a local because he didn't want me to be in pain. (He is wonderful-I am so pleased with my doctor and the staff. I highly recommend them if you live in New Jersey or New York).
I can also start wearing Spanx which will be so much easier to put on and take off. I am still swollen so I haven't taken any more pictures. I will update my pictures when the swelling subsides a bit.
Hope your healing well!! Your 1st post-op pics look great! You must be excited!! Its 2wks post-op for youtoday isn't it?
Thank you so much. I also got my drain out which is so nice. I will post pics when swelling goes down. Hope all is well.
wow my mom has
arthritis in her back WOW I know first hand watching her how painful that can be! I am so sorry to hear that~ you are just one sweet and wonderful women thank you for your kind words~ I hope you keep healing like you are and know it will be like a rollercoaster some days will be better than others~ but you have the best attitude!

I did too much yesterday-one of the pitfalls of...

I did too much yesterday-one of the pitfalls of feeling great. You feel like you can just keep on going. My feet looked like canteloupes last night by about 8:30 and I could barely walk...not good. Felt better today and I did have to run errands and promised to take my daughter to the mall for lunch. I ran my errands and then went to lunch in the mall. I was all set for us to do our usual walk all around the mall looking in all of the shops when I started thinking about my mistake from yesterday. We only went to 2 stores and then I decided that I still felt well but should quit while I am ahead so I do not make the same mistake and be stuck in Nordstrom's with canteloupe feet. WE headed home (almost stopped in another store but stuck to my guns and went home). I still feel great-trust me I am always swollen but at least not painfully swollen where you feel like your skin will split. I am now going to put my feet up and read. I hope someone out there can learn from my mistake...don't push it-quit when you still are feeling well.

Hi everyone. Doing pretty well except for this...

Hi everyone. Doing pretty well except for this darn swelling. I put these flexible ice packs that I bought at Target on my legs...and they helped. Didn't cure, but got a little relief. The ice packs look like a bunch of ice cubes connected-I think it is designed to line the inside of a cooler. I elevated my legs with pillows and laid a towel over them in case of any leakage. I then put one under and another over and just laid there for a bit (20-25 min.) and read a book. When I got up, my feet felt better. Just thought I would share something that helped.

Had something interesting develop earlier this...

Had something interesting develop earlier this week. I noticed a triangular sore under one of my nipples. It had a discharge and I was very nervous. I called the doctor and he said it is very common but if I could come in, he would take a look. I went in and sure enough he said it is a common problem with breast lifts because it is where all of the sutures meet. He said to just put some aquaphor on it and it will begin to heal. I noticed that it is looking better today so that is good news.
My doctor also said I had a little bit of fluid in my lower abdomen so he drained it (I didn't feel anything because it is still numb there.
I have started to massage my breasts, I am interested in how long other ladies are doing this for(minutes, frequency, etc.) I think my breasts are dropping slightly, I will take pictures soon and you can be the judge.
How are yoi doing? Glad to hear the lift scar was common, has it healef up? I hope you are doing and feeling great, cant wait to see pics! :)
Hi Dawn! I am doing well. I keep pestering my husband to help me take and post pics but he has been working alot. I feel great! The lift scar is healing nicely. I am still swollen but it is gradually getting better. It is amazing that we are already 3 weeks post op. Your pics are fantastic! Take care.
Looking great TeacherMOM. So glad you have had a fairly easy road thus far. Continue to rest and take it one day at a time. This recovery thing is a long and winding road :) Take care and let us know when you get to post the new pics.

Hi ladies. I have put up some updated pictures. I...

Hi ladies. I have put up some updated pictures. I am swollen but still happy with the results. I will be happy when the swelling is finished but I am being patient-I am just happy to be pain free and able to lead a normal routine without any trouble. I am still being careful to not overdo it. I went to the doctor yesterday and got a little bit of fluid drained (doesn't hurt at all-I just don't like to look).

I realized that when I said I am pain free that...

I realized that when I said I am pain free that might be misleading. I do have a pulling sensation in my belly and sometimes my legs but it really isn't that bothersome. I have started using silicone strips for the scars. I will let you know how I progress.
yep.. u look amazing :)
Thanks, I appreciate that. I am very happy with my surgeon's work.
Omg look at you, you look fantastic! Thanks so much hor the update! Your scar looks great too. How are you feeling?

I am 4 weeks post-op today. I was getting dressed...

I am 4 weeks post-op today. I was getting dressed this morning and my husband was in the room. We both commented on how we can now start seeing the results of the lipo. The swelling is subsiding and my hips all of the sudden look smaller (yay). I tried on clothing that I bought recently (had to for vacation-didn't have clothes that fit-just a few things) and now they are too big-really big. Things seem to be all coming together. I hope this helps for those of you who are just recovering or getting geared up for your surgery. Some results I saw right away and others are still happening due to the swelling.
WOW do you look fantastic! Only four weeks out??? Your belly is so flat and your scar will probably completely disappear...I'm so glad you are feeling great and seeing results, you'll keep on seeing them too. I bet your hubby is very happy too!! Keep taking good care of yourself and enjoy the rest of your summer! You really look amazing ;)
Thanks, I am very happy and appreciate the positive comments. My hubby is happy eventhough he thought I was crazy when I told him I wanted this surgery. He really likes the new breasts. One breast is a little swollen-I have read that other women have that so I won't panic. I hope you are also well and enjoy the rest of your summer.
oh I am so happy to hear that! That there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Got the OK to return to spin! I went to my first...

Got the OK to return to spin! I went to my first class...of boy! I couldn't believe how difficult it was! I took it easy but holy cow...it was difficult. I will be patient and just keep going-it is bound to get easier as time goes on:)
I also got the OK to stop wearing my garments which is great when I want to wear a short dress. I still like the security of the binder-the nurse in my PS office said to wear it while spinning. I don't think I would have gotten through the class without it. I have started shopping for clothes (fun!!). It is so nice to have things fit nicely. I am so happy I did this. (My husband seems happy too:)
Hi teachermom, just reading your posts and pics. You have a really good scar and belly button, and breasts lifted really good! You look truly amazing!
Thanks..I will. I can't imagine trying to do a spin class without it. I was ok walking around the neighborhood, but I was more strolling than walking at a brisk pace. I went on the treadmill yesterday and wore the binder. It really does help. I think it helps with my posture also.
Wear your binder anytime you do cardio. It helps so much. Even on the bike since you are bent over.

Good news...swelling is going down. I can actually...

Good news...swelling is going down. I can actually see my ankles:)
you look really great! I hope I look half as good as you when mine is done!

Congrats!
Thank you, I am very happy with my results. I am sure you will be too!
Thanks!I am being very careful with the spin. I don't want any setbacks.

Today is my one year anniversary! Having the Mommy...

Today is my one year anniversary! Having the Mommy makeover was the best decision I made. I am so happy with my results! Will try to post pictures soon. My scars on my breasts are not even noticable. I had capsular constrictions which needed to be fixed (in office procedure-not a big deal). Good luck to those who are getting ready to have their surgery. You will be happy you did.
Dr. Gregory Greco

Dr. Greco was outstanding. He never rushed me and explained everything so well. He has a lovely bedside manner on top of being an excellent surgeon. Dr. Greco's staff is also excellent. They are very friendly and I never feel funny calling with a question. Dr. Greco and his staff always put me at ease and make me feel so good. They are very kind and caring. Dr. Greco is also very prompt returning any phone messages left which was nice because I called frequently and I appreciated not feeling as if I was bothering them.