Melange Chemical Peel for Melasma and Hyperpigmentation - New Jersey

Here is my experience so far. This was done in...

Here is my experience so far. This was done in West Orange New Jersey at a plastic surgeons office. It was $845.00.(Everything in N.J. is ridiculously expensive!) I had my Melanage peel 7 days ago.I am 40 years old caucasion with decent light skin with some olive undertones (tan easily) (not sensitive) and very few wrinkles but definate hyperpigmentation and sunspots. I have used Retin A nightly for 1 year and stopped it 3 nights prior to peel.

I had the peel on Wednesday left it on for the full time 10 hours and was able to go about my normal activities Thursday with a pink glow to my skin. Friday and Saturday I laid low with a lot of peeling starting around my mouth area and spreading outward althougth the peeling was less on my cheeks.

I have used the Melanage cream 2 every night (followed the written instructions to the letter) but like Julie, my chin area is really scaly and dry. I don't know if I should discontinue use of this cream in that area or just keep it going and maybe that is what my skin is suppose to do? A lot of the brown patches are better but some spots are still there. The corners of my mouth are sore and scabby. My chin is very very dry and scaly. My face has a nice pinkish glow to it (besides the dry areas) and I think that is the reason I feel like my skin looks good right now... pink is making all the colors blend in so they are not so noticeable.I have only worn the provided sunscreen during the day and no foundation as of yet. I think I am not suppose to judge the results for a full month.

I feel like I have more fine lines then before (UGH) the peel but wondering if that is because I am dry?? I hope that goes away when there is moisture back in my face. I don't know if I should use moisturizer at this point or just keep following the protcol for the next 3 weeks and see what happens. Does anyone know if this is as good as it gets or should I judge it at the month point??

I will keep you posted but I am not sure I can recommend this for over $800.00 maybe if it was $500 or under I would say go for it but I don't want to make a final decision yet.

Not worth it at all

Not worth it at all

West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

The staff makes you feel very comfortable and they are very informative.