OK, My Consultation Date is Set for 05/23/12 - New Jersey

I always had hope that a real treatment would come...

I always had hope that a real treatment would come available during my lifetime, and age 51, it appears that it may have. My consult appt. is with Dr. Haramis, who works with and was trained by Dr. Dibernardo. Are there any other 50 plus ladies that have had this procedure, and if so, did you have to get a chest xray and ekg prior? Seems like a lot for a "Minimally invasive procedure."

Like many others, my determination to rid, or improve the appearance of my cellulite has been very expensive, and has produced no results. I have tried endermology (sp), AWT, Velashape, the shots (forget what they are called) creams, pills, you name it! It has been very very frustratiing, and a waste of a lot of money. So I'm hoping this one is the real deal.

Megan P.,
Thank you, I'll be looking for replies.

Not even a couple of weeks till your consult! You must be excited!! Glad you are on here doing your research - smart lady!

As for your question about the need for a chest xray and an EKG, I'm not entirely sure but am assuming they just want to make extra sure everything is on the up & up health wise before they do the procedure.

I'll submit this as a question in our Q&A section so the board certified doctors who volunteer on here can share their opinions with us. They usually start to post info in 24-48 hours. You can click here to check for answers.

Until then here is an existing Q&A that can at least shed a little light on this for us:

Blood Work and EKG for Smart Lipo?

After reading the doctor's replies on this board...

After reading the doctor's replies on this board regarding the EKG and chest xray question, I have cancelled my appt. with Dr. Haramis, and am searching for another doctor.

Hi Tootnick! Dr. Haramis did my procedure yesterday - you must have seen him after he was done with me because he spent a LOT of time on me. :) I'm surprised to hear about requiring a chest xray and EKG. I'm 43 and he didn't even mention it and was a really good doctor. He was really nice, took the time to answer my questions, and seemed very thorough. Time will tell when it comes to results!
Sorry, not yesterday, my surgery was the 23rd.
Krissy, Glad to hear your procedure went well, what areas did you get done? Dr. H's officer called me on Wednesday, and Dr H got on the phone wan asked if there were any questions he could answer for me. I told him about my concern about the chest xrays, based to the replies i received from other doctors. Dr H replied that he is very caution because the procedure is so new, and that I may not need the xray. Being that summer is only a few weeks away, I think I will wait unitl Sept. to get it done, and may reconsider dr. h. for a consultation.

Do you mind sharing how much your cost was?
Montclair Plastic Surgeon