New Ta Ta's Await... - Southern New Jersey

I have been back and forth about having a...

I have been back and forth about having a reduction for the last five years or so. I am a busy mother of two teenage daughters and a 10 year old. I feel like it is finally time to do something for myself BUT I am chicken about "elective surgery".

I love to exercise , however my boobs have always gotten in the way. Running is out of the question, even with a good support bra. I have the usual neck and shoulder pain that comes from a large bust. I am currently a 40 DD. I consulted the PS with my husband and he said I would qualify. My insurance is covering the procedure, however the doctor suggested that a I go home with a pain pump. (NOt sure what that is) It is not covered by the insurance. Anyway, I am nervous, excited but really don't know how to prep or recover. My Pre OP appointment is next week, so I should have some more information. I need any advice, tips etc...

Question: Anyone have liposuction in conjunction...

Question: Anyone have liposuction in conjunction with the surgery? My doctor recommends lipo on the side of my breasts.

July 30, 2012...Today is my pre op visit. Surgery...

July 30, 2012...Today is my pre op visit. Surgery is scheduled for August 15th. Of course I am second guessing my decision. I am looking forward to talking to the PS today. I am going on vacation the week before my surgery so I have to start thinking ahead! Any suggestions on items that I need to have on hand to make my life easier??

I am at my sixth week post op. Things are going...

I am at my sixth week post op. Things are going well. I still have a scab that is taking sometime to heal. Side incisions are still painful but all in all so happy I did it!. I am a full C cup now but have yet to buy a real bra because them seem to change day to day.
Monday will be my first day back at my "boot" camp class. I would say it has taken the full six weeks for me to feel myself again. I am nervous about excersing again but I will ease myself into it. I am posting before and after pictures.

Recommendations from friends

You look great! Congrats :-D Make sure you have a very supportive sports bra before bouncing around the gym!
Let me just say, you're post op pics look AMAZING! I can only hope my 6 week post op pics look as good. I am only day 6 post op. Keep us updated! My story and pics should be posted sometime today. Thanks for the great review.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa I wouldn't fit into a medium anything!! (Actually fits up to a 40 D)
**Which is a crack up because they consider that a Medium. Imagine what they think a Large or Extra Large is!?!!? LOL So funny what society considers "medium, average, normal".
I went bra shopping last night and it looks like I'm (now) a large B or small C...which is fine with me. The difference is crazy! Now if I could just lose this stomach!
Sunny, they have them in "3paks" at Kohls. Also Macy's and most major department stores carry the Bali. Mine is a "MEDIUM!" LOL.....:)
I most definitely wouldn't fit into a medium....butttt, I'll have to check those out! Thanks!
Wow, I'm so excited for you!! You are 5 days ahead of my schedule at August 20th, so we are almost booby buddies! Good luck to you and let's keep in touch! Follow everyones advice as they all know the KNOW ALL!! :) Take care and be patient with everything. Shout if you need a shoulder or a boob to cry on................
Your procedure was done on the 20th? So a week ago...hope everything went well for you! Mine was done on the 15th. I am back at work right now and so longing for my recliner.
sunny... just make sure you rest when you are at home. i had my surgery on the 9th and i STILL have to rest a lot. I took 2 weeks off and wished I could have taken a third ...unfortunately, I am the only breadwinner, so not an option :(
I came back to work, albeit for shorter shifts, only 9 days post-op. I thought it would be a lot easier than it was. I work at a hotel and stand entirely for my shifts. I get winded easily and tire so fast. I'm always out of breath. I just get dressed for work and I need to take a nap! Haha!
Wow Sunny, I can't believe you are back to work full time. I'm just 7 days now. Today I exhausted myself walking and shopping and being outdoors for the first time in a week. I'm going down hard on the recliner with ice packs bound to my chest. Take it EASY.............Tonight I'm gonna try my first night back in bed but nervous about rolling over. I have two giant body pillows for either side of me but I'm just not a back sleeper so I'll let ya know how it goes! I thought I was going to go back to work today but I told my boss absolutely no driving for another week and I will have to work from home office on phone/laptop. I'm in sales so it should be o.k. I just don't think I can do it without "overdoing it" and I'm not about to go through all this and bust a stitch because I lifted too much or made a hard left in my car................ I'm doing o.k. My boobies look wierd. One of them is lopsided UGH and I'm dying to oil them up or massage or something. I don't know when it's o.k. to do that so for now they are hard like rocks and one of them looks like a half of a deflated tire. So discouraging. However on a positive note I bought my first MEDIUM blouse today! BUTTON DOWN OMG!!!
I can totally relate to all of that! I actually work near Notre Dame University and the first game is coming up very soon. Needless to say, we'll be very busy in the coming days at my hotel job. I drove about 7 days post-op but was so sore afterward that I didn't drive for two more days after that. I have slept in my own bed since surgery with around 6 pillows -- two behind me and two on each side of me. I am typically a stomach sleeper. I haven't rolled over yet, but then again, I'm a light sleeper. One of my breasts looks different than the other too. My surgeon said not to be alarmed. Sometimes one heals faster than the other. I keep reminding myself that I won't see full results for many months. YAY for button downs! I've NEVER been able to wear them. I'm also swimming in my uniform at work.
Check out my new pics and my Sports Bra!!
Where'd you get your purple Bali bra? I love it and might have to copy ;)

Essentials: Front closure shirts or jammies, easy to digest foods, stool softeners, entertainment, extra pillows, antibacterial soap. Rest is the most vital thing during recovery. Be kind to yourself and give your body the time it needs to heal. Hope your appointment went well.
Amen to extra pillows and constipation aids! I didn't go #2 for a week after surgery :( Yucko.

I totally agree with Kat. I didn't have much pain. Just took Tylenol #3 for a couple of days post-op and then went to regular Tylenol. I didn't have lipo at the time of the BR, but had it a few months afterward and that was more painful than the BR. I think the surgery was completely worth it. The healing wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be and at 41 years old, I have better boobs than I did at 25!
My cousin bought the pain pump and she was glad she did. I really depends on how you handle pain. I did not have the option of a pain pump with my PS, I had a continuous drip overnight and then went home with Vicodin. I only took 1 pill a day and now I only use Tylenol and take that only at night. Be ready to sit and do nothing. It's your best bet. I have a TV/DVD player in my bedroom and tons of movies. I basically go from the bed to my recliner and back. Drink tons of fluids to flush your system and you will be fine! I am 8 days Post Op today and other than the drain tubes. I feel really good. I haven't had any pain meds in days. I took Tylenol last night because my sides are sore from the drain tubes. As for breast pain, I have none, just mildly sore. hope this helps!! good luck!!