Do It! - New Haven, CT

It hurt like crazy, took about an hour and I was...

It hurt like crazy, took about an hour and I was able to go right to work afterwards. A true lunchtime procedure. My doctor, Dr Deborah Pan in New Haven, CT, also gave me Botox the same day.

I saw tightening right away, and now, 10 days later, my nasolabial lines are noticeably shallower.

I'll check in after 14/20 days

Looking forward to your follow-up Miss Clare! It's good to read such a positive review.

Okay - it's almost four weeks post mid-face...

Okay - it's almost four weeks post mid-face and jaw/neck. I suddenly saw a tightening around my mouth just this morning!! I was very excited. I hope more tightening is to come.

My friends, who are between 35 and 50, all say the same thing - your skin looks great, why are you doing these procedures? My answer is usually the same: my skin l looks great BECAUSE I have these procedures. I'm 42, I don't tan, I use Retinol about three nights a week, I get Botox three times a year and I moisturize with sunscreen every single day.

For me it's about maintenance and keeping what I have. So far, I'm happy with the results. I feel tighter and my skin is getting thicker. I love the slow/gradual improvements, so it's not obvious.

Two thumbs up!!
So glad to read this. You must have a very good doctor as well. Happy New Year and happy new skin!

Okay! Today is the three month mark and I could...

Okay! Today is the three month mark and I could not be happier. Dr Pan took pictures in December and again today. The differences in the before and after photos are really noticeable. My nasolabial lines are much shallower and shorter and my face looks tighter and firmer all over. The skin along my cheekbones and my jaw is much tighter, giving me a more angular jaw and face. The little lines in front of my ears are gone and my skin feels more bouncy and cushioned.

From the pictures that show my profile, I can see the little pooch under my chin is gone and overall I look fresher, younger and more rested. Dr Pan advised I go back in two years or so for another treatment and I will definately listen to her advice!

I'm just delighted with the results. One of my co-workers asked, "Why did you do Ultherapy?! You're what? 25?" Ha!! May I remind you I'm 42? It was worth every penny.

Wow! This is really good news. I get those comments all the time, "You are slim, why do you need to watch what you eat?" Grr! Really glad you have updated this positive experience. (Dr. Cheng, here I come!)

It's been 6 months since my first Ultherapy...

It's been 6 months since my first Ultherapy treatment and I just had another, on my forehead. The correct transducer for the forehead hadn't arrived when I had the first treatment in December, (mid face & jaw line), but I paid for three areas, because there was a discount, and just waited.

It hurt less this time, probably because I took two Advil gel capsules about half an hour before, and made sure I had a good lunch. Also, I wasn't nervous at all - I knew what to expect. And once again, it hurt a lot, but wasn't unbearable, and I know it will be worth it! I took "before" pictures at home and will take more in September.

Ultherapy has dual benefits as I can see - one; the lifting effect and two; the skin smoothing and tightening. It will be interesting to see how long these nice results last. But once again, I'll trust Dr Pan's judgement and let her decide when my next treatment should be. Since I've been going to Esana my skin is so smooth and glowing and pretty. I know it's partially because I run (about three miles a day four days a week), eat vegetarian and avoid the sun, but it's mostly due to Ultherapy, IPL and Dr Pan's recommendation of Retinol cream serum every night, under my moisturizer.

I highly recommend Esana Med Spa and Ultherapy without hesitation. Just look at my photos and you will see.
I just had a consultation for this today. My doc said she'd give me a valium to take an hour before, along with a Vicodin if I wanted it. Otherwise, I should take 800mg of ibuprophen an hour before. I'm going to schedule the procedure tomorrow. She said I only need it around my eyes. I'm going to follow up a week or so later with some fillers.
Miss Clare, are your "after" pics the most recent ones? After readjusting the light in PS, I see no difference, but then I'm not you and so don't notice subtle but important changes. I'm interested in the NL folds comment you made. Did Dr. Pan do the actual fold area? My doc didn't. He focused on the outer cheek/jaw/neck, saying that shrinkage here would lessen the appearance of folds. I had it done yesterday and today am slightly puffed. It makes me look a lot younger, but it's just edema at this stage. I would love to see a change in the folds.
Hi Antonia!

No, she didn't go right on the NL fold, but very close. Nor did she go over my throat, because it isn't safe for the thyroid gland.

Okay. I had my forehead done in June and I wasn't...

Okay. I had my forehead done in June and I wasn't really sure if I saw results. But if compare pictures from June to now (late August) I can see my eyes look more open and my forehead is smoother.

I'm hooked.
In our office, we have found that Ultherapy works well in the lower face and neck areas to tighten the SMAS and platysma. Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS Los Angeles
Sorry, I don't see a difference between the before and afters.
Totally agree. Don't see improvement and if she is seeing something I'm happy for her but it's not enough for my money. This procedure is a joke and I think they get employees to come on these sites and rave about it to try to pay off these machines before word gets out. Woman can be so gullible in this way. Men would never waste time and money on this painful, ineffective procedure.
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

She is the nicest person you could want for a doctor. Dr Pan answered all my questions, gave me a bottle of Skin Medica serum to help me heal and she always takes her time with me. I know she's wicked busy, but I don't feel rushed web I see her. I signed up for a "coupon program" and I get regular emails from them and also from Esana with specials and package deal offers. They are very professional, the doctor and all her staff and the spa accepts credit cards, checks and cash money too. The longest I've waited is about 20 minutes.