I Trust Esana MedSpa - New Haven, CT

I went in for my first IPL treatment today. I paid...

I went in for my first IPL treatment today. I paid 1/3 of the cost of a set of three, because that's how they do it. The RN (Stephanie) explained that it will hurt, that I'll see my sun damage get darker and then about 7 days after the skin will fall off revealing perfect skin underneath.

I have been using SkinMedica Retinol about three times a week for about a year and I had Ultherapy over my midface and neck in December.

I read a lot of bad reviews of IPL, and I can guess, based my own experience and by what Dr Davila and the RN Stephanie said, that those with negative results were burned. Dr Davila and Stephanie tested my skin with various strengths (20, 21, 22 and 23) to see what my face and cheat could handle. They discussed the pain and the heat with me, and didn't rush me.

The procedure took about 45 minutes, it hurt quite a bit (they used a 23 on me) and I felt stingy and a bit tingly after. Now, 6 hours after the procedure, I still have some orange peel like skin on my chest, but not as much as before, and there is no more swelling on my face. There's no pain now, and I have put on moisturizer twice since 11 am.

I'll post again tomorrow morning.

Okay!! It's the third day, and all the orange peel...

Okay!! It's the third day, and all the orange peel skin is smoothed out. A few of the very dark spots are starting to break up and they look patchy instead of evenly dark. I haven't seen anything disappear yet, but this is just the third night.

I'm still using the CalmPlex, although tonight it really stung when I rubbed it in!

More updates later.

Okay!! It's Day Six and I'm absolutely thrilled....

Okay!! It's Day Six and I'm absolutely thrilled. Almost all the weird brown dirt-like specks are gone, they really did just wash off, and my entire face looks radiant!

My neck still isn't "dirt" speck free, nor is my chest, but I can cover those areas with concealer and clothing very easily. I suspect I'll need another blast on my neck and chest.

I was a lot more damaged than I thought. I'll have to post my Day Of photo, my Day Three photo and the ones from today so you all can see the results.

Bottom line: only have IPL done by an MD or a highly experienced RN. I am very, very happy with the results.

I just posted the pictures from my third IPL...

I just posted the pictures from my third IPL treatment. Stephanie turned up the heat and wow! It really hurt and I wound up with actual blisters But, two weeks later, my skin is so very silky smooth it's almost unreal. And my dark spots are gone! I am very happy.
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

I love this MedSpa! I recommend them to all my friends.This was the second time I saw Dr Davila instead of Dr Pan. He is just as nice as she, and very professional, but with a sense of humor. He was careful to pick the right strength light for my skin, and kept his eye on Stephanie the first few times she hit me with the light.