Finally Getting my Big Butt!! - New Haven, CT

I have been researching fat transfer to the butt...

I have been researching fat transfer to the butt for years. I am turning 31 this year and finally want to treat myself to the procedure. I want other procedures too, including a tummy tuck after having 3 kids, but the recovery period is too hard and long having a small baby at home. Had a great consult with Dr. Pan last month and decided I am ready for lipo and fat
Transfer

Change of date :(

So my boss would not approve my time off request for Sept 3, I have to push it back to Sept 10. Im so inpatient !! Lol

32 days til

Signed all my paperwork today. Carecredit card came in the mail. New pictures and measurements taken. Surgery booked for Sept 10. 32 days countdown begins now. Excited!!

21 more days

21 more days until the procedure. I am so anxious I cannot wait. I am very nervouse about sitting on my new butt tho... Dr told me stay off of it for 2 weeks, online research tells me longer than that. I will be back to work on day 7 post op and sit a lot during the day. Gonna try and not sit as much or sit on my thighs and not my butt... Dr said not to use boppy pillow or cushion as they can leave dents. Anyone have experience with this?

10 days til

Im really excited. I would like to hear how the first few days are after this procedure. How strict should you be with keeping pressure off your butt? Some people say sit on a donut cushion, others say a boppy, but my dr says nothing--they can cause lines and ridges.

2 more days... Getting nervous

My family keeps talking about death and how im putting my life on the line and i have children. I wasnt scared before, but i am starting to worry. Im especially worried about fat embolism. I had lipo back in 2006 but it was a small area and i was fine. This time im getting my whole stomach, my flanks and my right hip. Ughhh!! Anyways here are some embarrassing pre-op photos of my huge belly, my back rolls, and my flat, cellulite ridden butt. Hoping I will have a much better shape soon. Im thinking about how hard its gonna be to not sit down for 2-8 weeks. I really dont know how im going to do that. I have to try my hardest! Its sunday night...surgery is at 7:30 am on wednesday morning. Wish me luck!

Pix didn't upload

Its showtime!!

Its 8:24 pm the night before my procedure and im so excited. Im not nervous...yet. Wish me luck!

24 hours post op

So i had the surgery yesterday. I went in very nervous but seeing Dr Pan and my anesthesiologist took that away instantly. All went well. I was in recovery for awhile because i felt like crap from the anesthesia. Pain wasn't that bad, about a 4 out of 10. I immediately reached back to feel my butt and i was disappointed to not feel a difference. I had my friend take some pix which i will post below. Come to find out there was only a total of 1000ccs harvested, 500 avail after processing, and 250 split between the cheeks. The doctor put it all in the top, so its round at the top but flat under. I was really hoping for a bigger, rounder, butt all over as my wish pics look like. I know its only been 24 hours but i do not like what i see. My compression garment did not fit so the dr sent me home in an abdominal binder only. I cant shower until Saturday. Last night i could not get comfortable and trying to get up out of bed took me 1 hour. The pain with movement was extremely intense. I started taking dilaudid 4mg every 4 hours but started hallucinating so i did not take it since 12 this afternoon. I haven't been able to sleep or eat; I've had small bites of different things here and there but i feel full immediately. I also still feel dizzy and when I stand up I cant look up or I feel sick. I am already planning on my next surgery to lipo my thighs and get more in my ass. I just cant believe I went thru all this pain and money and my ass is not good.

Day 3 post op

I pretty much spent most of yesterday crying. Seriously-- I cant believe this is what I look like. And im tired of everyone saying just wait and see... My dream butt is not going to "appear" magically out of this. My back rolls are deflated so the extra skin is hanging, thats fine I know it will retract some eventually. But theres the same lumpy bumpy flat ass.

So dissapointed

So apparently during my surgery I had 2800 ccs pulled that only purified into 250 cc per
Cheek. Needless to say I had zero results. Dr said this was rare. I hope to one day get the body I was wishing for. Waste of time, money, and sanity. Before pix have pink bra, after pix have black bra. Lipo to abdomen and flanks and Right hip with fat transfer to butt. Notice the difference? Yea neither do i. Any surgeons out there care to comment on why this happened?

Second time around

I am on my way to finally getting done by the best in the biz-- Dr J Curves. It's kinda hard getting thru to his office but they finally contacted me today. I had to pay a $50 fee for a phone consult with a "patient coordinator" not even the doctor himself, which I thought was odd. This is major surg and he is not cheap so it would be nice to speak with him. I have so many questions with this being the second time I am going under. Phone consult is oct 9. Then I have to watch required webinars. He is booked out til nov 2016 unless u are paying cash. Im not in a rush. I gotta get my husband back on board since i just had a failed bbl and shit aint cheap!!
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Great doctor, just didn't work out for me.

Hey ladies. Thank you for keeping up with me. Even tho my experience wasnt a good one with results, I have to say all in all my doctor was really professional and caring. She returned my money back to me. I am still out $3500 for surgical center and anesthesia fees, but I did get $4500 back. Makes me feel a little better. Planning a trip to ATL with Dr. Jimerson next year. Husband ain't having it!!
That would be Dr. Del Vecchio of Boston- he is the WORLD RENOWNED and famous for LARGE VOLUME fat transfer. Cutting edge of this surgery. He IS the Mendieta (Miami's hottest) & Dr. J Curve of New England. Please check this IG link out. *PUH-LEASE tell him i sent you!* Thank me later! Message me for anything. Been following your story- i live 45 min from you and was TICKED when i saw the outcome. felt so bad. with This guy, that wont happen. credentials on my page. i see him in 2 months. http://instagram.com/uptown_body_contouring
I don't blame you for seeking out the best this time. I wish I had done that with my botched labiaplasty around 7 yrs. ago. I had a revision by Dr. Gary Alter almost 6 wks. ago, and I'm going to post my experience (100% positive!) when I'm totally through healing. This time you are going to get exactly what you want, and I'm glad you are able to do this for yourself. Continue to keep us posted!
Aww I'm so sorry ! I could understand it looks nothing like the wish pics and I curious to know the outcome pls keep us informed and pls send more pics as ur bbl starts to settle in
Now that you are standing up and your entire backside is in full view, I would have to agree with you. However, when you were laying on your side, it really looked round and plump! what is your doctor's "return" policy, so to speak. Will you be able to get a "touch up" when the time is right? Wow I'm so sorry to see that you are not satisfied. My doc is allowing me to return and get my BBL fixed, my stomach fixed and finish lipo in the areas that he wasn't able to get to the first time around, free of charge. It sucks to have to do Rd 2 but it's better than walking around unsatisfied. Good luck and Best wishes to you! '
I am hoping to find that out at my post op on monday, but for some reason i doubt she will hook me up like that-- she sent me a few emails last night and she was saying i cant base my expectations on smaller women's frames but i don't, every picture I've shown her has been a thick woman like me. I didn't get a BBL after all I'm realizing that now. And she had no before/afters of fat transfers so that should've been the red flag. Ill update Monday after seeing her.
I hope it's favorable to you. And even if she THINKS you were using smaller size women as your wish pic doesn't matter, because fat grafting your bottom using any proportion size women's pic would have shaped your butt better than that! The mere fact of injecting any amount of fat would have produced better results! I'm tending to agree with you that you didn't get a BBL as well. It's just too bad that some drs can't be honest enough to either stop the surgery or just not proceed at all, the moment they realize that they cannot produced the desired results or anywhere close to it. why take someone's hard earned money and then say this is the best I can do! So not fair! Well let's hope for the best and maybe she will do the right thing! :)
Thats right!! Im happy i have you to understand where I'm coming from! Im trying not to make myself too miserable until Monday but its so hard. Going through all that anesthesia and discomfort and spending so much money and I looked better before. SMH. So frustrating
Absolutely! Just remember positive thinking brings about positive results! Will look for your update on monday. Try and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Hey, I would wait until the swelling and everything goes down because from the pics that your friend took, you butt looks pretty big and round to me. But I guess when the swelling goes away, the truth will be revealed... but it does look good.
Glad you made it through your surgery! It's hard to see if the bottom looks "flat" because you don't seem to be standing straight up in the pictures. The top looks fabulous--so nice and round! From what I see, the bottom does not look flat at all, but I know you have your heart set on your wish pics, and that's what's going to make you happy. Just curious: Did you show Dr. Pan those pics, and did she say she could give you those results? How're you feeling today?
I showed her tons of pix that were similar to wish pix including those two. She said she couldnt promise me the size but id def get volume and shape. Only 250cc per cheek did not give me that look. Im just curious, why in other bbl pix there are skinnier girls who get more fat to their buttocks then me? I weighed in at 182.4 before the or....
I was thinking the same thing about skinny girls, since I'm 5'3" and weigh 105 lbs and wondered where they'd get enough fat from. Please let me know what she says after you talk to her. You really do have a shapely, round butt, IMO. However, your expectations are what's important.
Hey ladies, I use to think the same thing....probably still do...LOL!!! I asked my drs. assistant that same question, she said that sometimes what we think is FAT is really a lot of loose skin and there really isn't any fat to get at all. I half heartedly believe that, because I KNOW for a fact that I had enough , but only got 1/2 a bbl. I wished mine looked half as good as yours does. good luck. Hope it all works out for you!
Good luck
Good luck I hope you get your wish pic
Good luck! Looking forward to reading your posts. Glad you're not nervous!
I'll bet everything's going to go well and you'll look fabulous! Before you know it, we'll all be commenting on your beautiful after pics. Keep us posted!
Are you going to cryo bank some of those stem cells? Better to do it when you're young.
Good luck....can't wait to see your after pics!
I'm from the New Haven area and would love it if you posted before/after photos. At 51 things are starting to go south, and I'm seriously thinking about a BBL down the road. Wishing you all the best! Bet you're gonna love it!
Thank you JKC. I posted one before pic above but I will take more before I go in.