PS recommended 255cc teardrop gummy bears OVERS ?! It all sounds uncommon and concerning-CA

First consult was Dec. 13 my PS recommended 255cc...

First consult was Dec. 13 my PS recommended 255cc overs tear drop gummy bears. I'm 5"2 115lbs with enough breast tissue for overs apparently, tho realy I see none! I'm a very small aa and goal is small C. With all measurements it was either 210cc 255cc or 300cc I picked 255 cc but I'm concerned it's too small. I also heard Most PS don't use tear drops because of possible rotation.... But if I go round overs over the muscle is not a good idea ... Girls I need your opinions and experiences especially with small cc's PLZ :) I'll post pics a few months before BA ... Asymetric breast.

Hi NB girl! I went with Dr. Husain. He was super! I had gotten a few reviews from people and Husain is who I ended up going with. My wait time to surgery was 6 months. A year is such a long time! I thoyght 6 months was a long time! I wanted small because I don't want obvious in your face boobs and I'm tiny like you so when I tried the sizers, I actually thought 250 was too big. My PS said it was because I wasn't used to seeing myself with anything so they looked bigger. I ended up asking for 240cc and when operation day came, he said he ordered 290cc, because they would achieve the look of the 240cc and so far I am happy with what he decided. I had complete faith in his opinion and just went with it. I am still early post op so they're still very high and hard and fake looking, but with time that will change. I have after pics on my profile and I will put before pics soon. I'm just waiting for the pics from my Dr.
Congrats!!! Looking good! :)
Please feel free to take a look at a my profile, pics and stats. I went with silicone under the muscle and almost every girl I know wishes she went bigger. I already wish I went bigger and I'm only 3 weeks post op LOL! I would bring a picture in to your doctor with how you want to look and tell him what cup size you want. I told my doc I wanted to be a D and brought in pictures of his own work .. based on that he recommended 425 cc's silicone, moderate, round, smooth silicones under the muscle. A lot depends on how stretchy your skin in and what it can handle. Despite my PS recommending 425s I went with 457s and can not be happier! Good luck! xoxo :)
you look Great!!
Thank you!! Under the muscle is the way to go so you don't get saggy boonies down the road! :-)
I meant boobies lol
Next opinion................Why are you going over? If your AA to start 255 is small. I was an AA to start I went with 550 under and ultra high profile. My projection is like 5.3. But I'm a D, I don't know... do the rice thing, but rice in a baggie and stuff your bra. Look on line for the measurements. And try on bigger. Sorry but why spend the money if you cant see them.
that is put rice in a baggie. sorry! best website is Breast implants usa they will ask you for your size now and what you want to be. look for women close to what you look like now. (look in the mirror and study your chest) and look for what looks close to you. your never going look the same obviously, but it will give you a general idea. I learned alot from that site. good luck you have so much time, I would seek another opinion thou. : ) let me know what you think of that site.
oops also remember that when you look at the site take into consideration that women who start out bigger then you will be bigger. So if your flat like the wall as like meeeee, you will end up smaller.
I just look it up you will end up a full B with 255cc. do some homework you have alot of time, I'm very honest sorry, I hope your not upset, but why pay money if you won't be happy, your already asking yourself if they will be big enough. go big
I'm very open minded and I posted this for a reason so thank you for taking the time to respond! You're right I have more than enough time to look more into it!
I went with 457's and ended up as a D .. I wish I went bigger!! Everyone I know who has had a BA said they wish they went bigger. You can see from my pics that my boobs are easily disguised in clothes but in a bathing suit or revealing dress they look pretty good lol! Feel free to check out my pics/profile.
Good luck, and congrats you are having this done
My implants are overs too..... I really thought that I would have unders as I felt the same that I had little or no breast tissue. But turns out that as my actual muscles are quite low on my chest they would have pushed the implant to the side :( no good either. If u are not 100% happy with your ps keep ur options open and see another b4 making any decisions xx

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! I hope you'll let us know what you choose to do and how it goes! Is your surgery really in December 2013?

Unfortunately it is a year away in deed :(
Hello, Keep in mind, that it does not hurt to seek additional consultations with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Although I cannot give you precise advise, I can share some of my own personal experience/preferences with you. Generally speaking, I think that there are many advantages of using the sub pectoral (dual plane) breast implant positioning, especially for patients who have very little breast tissue “coverage” present. Also, I find (in my hands) the use of round breast implants to be relatively problem free; I share your concerns about the potential for implant rotation with the use of shaped breast implants. In regards to breast implant size, it will be important for you to communicate your goals carefully. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process. Generally speaking, the most common regret after breast augmentation surgery is “I wish I was bigger”. I hope this (and our website Poustiplasticsurgery.com) helps. Happy New Year! Tom Pousti M.D.
Thank you for your time. The information is much appreciated. I will need to communicate more with my PS prior to surgery. Happy New Year!
I never use tear drop implants, because of the concern over rotation. If you have enough tissue to go over the muscle, then I would recommend round silicone. Your natural tissue on top of the implant will give you the natural shape you want. I agree with you that 255cc is probably too small. For someone your height and weight, I usually recommend 300-350 to get to a C cup. Did you try sizers on in the office? I recommend everyone try on sizers before deciding on implant size. Although I think I know what size would be good for most of my patients, I can't read their minds to know what it is they want. They need to try on sizers and pick the size they want. You did not mention prices, but prices are important. Check around to see prices of other surgeons in your area, or areas where you have relatives you can stay with. In South Carolina, we charge $5000 total for silicone implant placement. Good luck with your procedure
Thank you for your time and advices. Things are much clearer now. Happy New Year!