Scared Outa my Mind! - Nevada

I am a 30 year old mamma who has finally given up...

I am a 30 year old mamma who has finally given up on trying to diet and excercize my way into a flat tummy. I weight 110 lbs and am 5 feet short :) I love almost everything about myself except my tummy. I am very lucky to have a supportive husband who will be taking time off to help me get around the first few days and my child will also be there to help out.

At this time I do feel slightly guilty for going thru with this procedure as most people look at me like I am crazy due to my small size. My tummy does not actually look to bad....as long as I DONT EAT! The moment I eat (POOF) my stomach looks 6 months pregnant. I did have a c-section and so I think that maybe I have somewhat of an idea as to the pain I will be experiencing. I promise to have photos uploaded later.

Hi all! Maybe Im weird but I seem to be having a...

Hi all! Maybe Im weird but I seem to be having a little nagging fear in back of my head about going under anesthesia. Is this normal? Is there any other way to go about having this surgery without going under? Im a freak about not being aware of whats going on..

Hi all!! So it's getting closer and I am feeling...

Hi all!! So it's getting closer and I am feeling anxious. Someone today asked me why I was doing this and looked at me like I was nuts. I did feel slightly stupid. Oh well. I need to just focus on myself and not worry about other people's opinions. I have 21 days to go!!! I have now posted my pre op pics. Thanks everyone for the comments. I do feel slighly better about the anesthesia.
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Hi all!! So I am 2 weeks post op and feeling ok. No pain meds for the last week. My only complaint really is the super tight feeling when standing. It feels like i have a bad sun burn or something and cannot stand even the lightest touch Hopefully that goes away? I was not as bad off before as some posts I've seen. I wish I had only had loose skin so that I did not have to get a full tt. Cuz recover bites :). Any ways. I will post more pics once the swelling goes down.
hi Cylicia, i checked ur pics, i think your tummy is not that bad, just want t know r you doing a mini tuck or the big tuck??? all the best and am going in for my first consultion with my ps on the 13th ,then ll take it from there
I am getting full tt because my muscles are separated. If it was only skin being cut out it would me a mini. Good luck to you!
It looks like you would most likely have a vertical scar since you don't have a lot of excess skin above your belly button. Did your PS mention that? To be honest, your before photos look like many of our after photos in regard to the bulging on the side view. Take a look at my photos as well as acworthmom's to see what I mean. We both also have a vertical scar. I don't mean to put a damper on anything but it is a something to consider.
Hi mom2four! Yes I was advised of possibility for a vertical. I am less concerned about the skin as I am about the bulge. The pic posted was pre eating. I did see your pics. You look great! I do not see any bulge. Thanks for your comment.
Hi! Am having a TT w/ MR and a BA on 8/2 and my PS is doing tumescent surgery- which is what he uses on 90 % of his patients. That means there is no general anesthesia, no breathing tube, just a local anesthesia and a combo of narcotics for pain relief and what he calls "amnesia drugs" so that I do not remember going under. I was (and am) nervous about it but he prefers it and has had only success with it. Another bonus- it cut the cost of my surgery in HALF!!! Good luck! :)

Yes, that fear of going under is so so so normal. I think 95% of us are somewhat afraid of it. Please keep us posted as the big day nears!

Hi Celycia, Im having my TT done on the same date, I wish august would hurry up and come. Wish you all the best of luck
We are exactly the same weight and height. I totally know what you mean about feeling guilty about it since most people carry on about how "small" I am. I think I'm good at hiding my tummy. I also feel guilty about spending our families hard earned money just on myself. Should be put toward debt, saved or spent on a great family vacation. How can I justify spending on such a frivoulous thing that will only affect me? It's a tough one.
I was terrified of the anesthesia. I called a few days before and thought about postponing it. I'm glad I didn't because I knew I would go through it all over again. Anesthesia is a serious consideration. The results were worth it. The recovery was less difficult than I expected. The first two days I needed a lot of help after that it flew by by day 7 I was bored and went back to work its been 3 weeks now and its barely a thought. Good luck.
I actually have psoriatic arthritis and am off and on steroids. I was told by dr that because they Lower immune I should be off for a bit. Anyone else have similar prob? I do try and be in best shape possible for my condition however I cannot control flareups.
It is all normal the fears the guilt and you will be fine. It is not as bad as you would think. You sound healthy with no major concerns so just look forward to the end result!
i have been under a few times for surgery and made it just fine... once gall bladder and other was gastric sleeve and way back my wisdom teeth.lol... you will be fine. I remember waking up warm n fuzzy feeling.
You will do great, and the results are soooooo worth it! I am in Las Vegas, where in NV are you?
Thanks! I hope so. I'm from Carson city. I was just out in Vegas for the Laughlin river run always fun :)
I think you will be fine it is normal to be apprehensive about being put under anesthia. This was my first surgery and I survived and so will you:)
Thanks! Your are doing the smart thing by waiting until confortable. I went to many consults before choosing. It looks like you have already gone thru alot and you look great! Good luck with DR hunting :)
I am going to have a consult with a DR.V tomorrow up there in reno. I can't find a DR I feel comfortable with. I am waiting until winter break now. I wanted to play durning the summer. You will do great! I know the feeling about the eating then poof! I work out daily and my tummy wont go away. I look fwd to see how your journey goes.