So Far So Good..... - Nevada

I had the Total Fx procedure done 4 days ago. It...

I had the Total Fx procedure done 4 days ago. It definitely was uncomfortable..felt like I was getting zapped with hundreds of rubber bands lol..but it was not untolerable.

Had lots of pinpoint bleeding and heat after, but not too bad. First night and second night was hard to sleep. Your definitely feeling a little under the weather..like a shock to your system, but nothing horrible. Face goo is gross and super not fun to deal with.

Day 3 the tightness and itching got almost unbearable at times. I took showers and baths and soaked my face in the bath...face down..and I must admit I used a warm wash cloth to massage the skin lightly because the itching was over-the-top this day.

Pretty much the crust came off after all the soaking on day 3. I was surprised because they used a high setting and told me to expect alot of crusting for at least 5 days.

Today bright red and still alot of swelling. Skin tone is a HUGE improvement already where I had enlarged pores and sun damage. I noticed the few acne scars are still there for now..crows feet one one side are gone but still very swollen on that eye...the other eye still has some wrinkles...they can look worse with all the swelling around them.

I used Retin A for 6 month prior and took Bromelain tablets, Claretin, and warm soaks. I also doubled up on my Multi B vitamins and fish oil. I'm not sure which of these helped me to 'slough' the crusts so fast, but they came off pretty quick.

Will go to store tomorrow (Day 5), still very red, blotchy and swollen, but I will use a little make-up and see how I turn out lol..

This procedure is not a pampering beauty facial...you must be a bit tough and determined. It does hurt a bit and the first days after are pretty yucky.

But, I am an outdoors girl and wanted a fresh start from all the damage over the years :) This is the right treatment for that.

I am 44 years old and I don't think anyone under 40 should bother with this...it is an ordeal, no doubt about it.... wait until you really need it.

I will update in awhile when the swelling and redness come down.

Day 5- Got out for errands..looked swollen and...

Day 5-
Got out for errands..looked swollen and the thick, chalky sunscreen you must use didn't help any with the looks lol.. I went back to the Dr. office for a small touch-up where a spot was missed.

When my husband came home from work today he exclaimed "WOW, You look HOT!" :) The swelling had gone down today and I definitely notice HUGE improvements in my skin tone ...I am excited because they told me at the Dr. office today that this is just the beginning..biggest improvements over time..

My skin is still dry and very pink/blotchy..the thick zinc sunscreen tones it down, but highlights the fine lines lol..

I also went out hiking on Day 4..it was overcast and I wore a baclava(?)and huge sunglasses and zinc ointments on my nose. It felt great to get out!

I am really excited now with the swelling going down and my face starting to look nice again! I feel this was the right treatment for my sun damage and I really do look at least 5 years younger already... YaY!

OK....I saw a previous post review that said you...

OK....I saw a previous post review that said you will not look totally like yourself for 2 weeks and I have to agree.

My expression wrinkles acutally looked WORSE after the swelling went down, but are starting to soften and my skin tone is amazingly even compared to before.

This is about 2 1/2 weeks out and I was told 8-12 weeks for the biggest improvement in wrinkles so I am happy.

The deep FX left some distinct lines in places on my face that looked scary, but they are fading.

So I have to say DON'T PANIC about how you look for the first month because everything is changing lol...in my case for the better... :)

So its been about 6 months since the procedure and...

So its been about 6 months since the procedure and I am happy I did it. It was worth it for me, but I still think younger than 40 try Retin A first.
For me with sun spots and 'bronzing' from undiagnosed hemachromatosis it was so worth it.
I still spend a ton of time outdoors and wear sunscreen and hats. I do notice continued improvement in mild wrinkles..tightness of my skin and tone.

Oh and I drove myself for the touch-up and did not use Valium or Vicodan and the pain was about the same without those meds. Having just your eyes done is less shocking to your system.
I had one eye where a spot was missed and I asked them to get it about 5 days post procedure.

I understand you don't want to go through the huge pain and mess again..but let me tell you this...if they just go over your eye area again it heals really fast compared to the whole face/neck. I hardly even noticed any pain with the one eye touched up. Plus with your eyes only done you can smear zinc and wear sunglasses if you wish to do outdoor adventures....

Again, my eye that I had done over was nothing compared to the first prodecure.

I don't know what setting was used for my Deep or Active FX...I think they used a fairly high setting based on the comments and the pain lol...oh and I bled alot all over..

They said because I used Retin A they though I could tolerate I higher setting.

Don't freak out too much, yet. At 7 days out I had ALOT of swelling and roughness still...
Oh, 1 more thing...

I have switched cosmetics now..

I went and bought tinted moisturizer with SPF 20 all organic ingredients...I felt the mineral make-up was too drying now as my skin is dry from the procedure.

I also slather tons of organic moisturizer's on at night..skin is DRY.
I had 'sun spot' type damage from years of outdoor athletic adventures and of course laugh lines and some minor sagging.

Sun damage is a huge improvement so far at 12 days out. My laugh lines and lines at nose to mouth actually looked WORSE after redness abated. They are starting to soften up a bit now, remember collagen was zapped and it takes 8 weeks to rebuild..so I will wait and see.

My skin is still tight and darker so it highlights some wrinkles a bit. The more the redness fades the better. Where I had a touch up by my one eye some wrinkles are pushed deeper when I smile by the swelling near them. I am resolved to not panic and wait it out lol.

Overall complexion is much smoother, healthier looking, less oily and my husband insists I look 10 years younger lol...

I do notice more tightness in jaw and around eyes...in pics my 'double chin' has shrunk...it's not much of a double chin, but it sometimes showed up in pics lol..

So yes I definitely see big difference in age spots and tone and fine wrinkles, waiting on deeper wrinkles...every day there is a small improvement.

Also, Total FX was recommended to me by a dermatologist who does not do cosmetic procedures. She had NO money to gain by telling me it worked. I went to a Plastic Surgery Dr. for the procedure.
Hi Reno,

Thanks for that answer. I find it interesting that you mention having a touch up. Could you tell me what it consisted of? And how many days after the initial procedure?

Because the doctor offered to do my eyes, but said we had to wait for 2-3 weeks - which sets me back much closer to hotter weather. And am in Phoenix, so hot weather worries me.

I do notice some general tightening around my face too; but my main thing was the little lines crisscrossing my forehead and the eyes. And these show zero improvement.

But it may be that she used a lower setting on me - I had seen elsewhere that people who see no result have had settings lower than 17,5 (for the Deep); mine was 15!

I also use products from France - all natural with thermal water, specially conceived for after procedures. Am still using the Aquafor, seems like my skin is drinking it!

I am going to call today the clinic; but the more you tell me about your experience, the more I'm disappointed with mine...

Who was your doc? I'm in Nevada too and my quote was 3500. Thanks!

Tiffany McCormack...Reno.
Hi Reno,

I also had Total FX 7 days ago today. I would like to compare experiences.

You don't mention what problems you wanted to solve with the procedure? Did you have wrinkles, lines, sagging?

As I said elsewhere on the site, during the first days of redness and swollen face, all the lines on my face were not visible.

But now on day 7, everything is back - same as before, nothing changed!!!

I'm not completely peeled yet - but mostly. I was thinking that under the peeling skin, the lines would be gone, but no.

So am wondering if you see any improvement in terms of the appearance of fine lines on your face or wrinkles.

Hi Reno,

Thanks so much for such a detailed review, this is great for the community. I wonder if everything you did, really was the reason you peeled so quickly, that's great though, anything to heal faster. Please keep us updated and welcome to the community.

Thanks,