I Would NOT Recommend This Surgeon, Not Not Not! - Neptune Beach, FL

Left me with scars, discoloration, bumps and pain...

Left me with scars, discoloration, bumps and pain in neck and face area. Jowls are still there and SAID he did lower lid surgery.  Gave me chemical peel instead and made me sign release while drugged. Problem after problem for a year and still having tenderness in neck and facial area. (it now is over two years. Insulted me in front of his employees.

When I complained after a few months about jowls, he told me not to look in mirrors. Injected steroids into my 2" scar he caused on neck and purple black ( open wounds behind both ears) skin my husband had to clean and treat 4 times a day.Told me to take a vitamin that would make my skin feel like red ants, yes red ants biting. this was to increase blood flow in the purple black areas. Asked for forehead lift and told me that just raised eyebrows.  HE said dermabrasion would work better.He said downside was like scrapping of the knee.  More like being skinned.

Redness is still there along with scarring. When I asked him why my skin was red, he said my dog could have caused it. There is much much more but I think you have the idea. He did make an offer.  He told me I lived with the scar (he caused) long enough but I would have to pay just under 1000.00 more and he would use Juverderm in jowl area and butt fat under eye area.  NOT what I paid for.

Our office takes feedback very seriously, good, neutral, and yes, even bad. In that context, I hope to answer some of the questions / concerns below. As suggested by RealSelf staff, this will be my sole response on this particular thread.

The posted photos are near term post-op. Right after surgery, the skin is often red and inflamed. This is part of the natural post-op healing process and should come as no surprise. How someone will look long term is best analyzed via pictures taken at 6 months post-op. I would welcome 6 month post-op images of the patient being uploaded. We typically have those in our practice, but we cannot upload without the patient’s permission. If and only if the patient provides permission, we will balance the record.

Also, a few points to clarify some misconceptions in the thread below:

- We want all patients to have a positive experience with our practice. We recognize we cannot make 100% of patients happy 100% of the time. No doctor can. But, each of us can try. I follow patients carefully post-op. If a patient is not happy with his / her result, we offer to perform revision surgery where all of my professional fee is waived.
- I am not affiliated with Lifestyle Lift. I perform many “revision” procedures (procedures performed by other surgeons where the patient is not happy) and I do this by either performing a deep plane facelift or a SMAS facelift. These types of facelift procedures address the muscle that has been damaged by another facelift or that muscle that has fallen due to the aging process in a long lasting fashion.
- Contrary to assertions in this thread, I have not been found liable for a single medical malpractice claim.
- Our process for obtaining consents from patients involves the patient seen in to the office (usually 2 weeks before surgery). There, all consent forms are reviewed and signed, post operative instructions are given, and all questions are concerns are answered. Under no circumstances is a patient asked to sign a consent while medicated. We want patients to be fully informed of their choices well in advance of any proposed procedure.

Thanks for the opportunity to respond.
In regard to having signed a release form after receiving medications, do you know exactly what you signed? As an RN & Legal Nurse Consultant, it is very important to know what exactly was signed while you were under any type of medications. Informed consent is very explicit under the law as to what, how and when it is to be obtained to be a legal document. You may have some recourse. Were all of these side effects/injuries you've experienced explained to you as potential issues in having the surgery prior to medications? If not, you could have a legitimate lawsuit.
I am sorry for the pain you are going through, and hope it all clears up. My wife had the LifeStyle Lift (neck, chin, face) and, although some extended complications, I would give it a 7 of10. She had similar open wounds like you (the said it was "wrapped too tight) and they used laser to help hide it. Thereare still some uneven lumps on the bottom of her jaw.... but she is very happy. Ours was done in Danville, CA.
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

He was recommended by Life style lift. Beware of that as well. They are still recommending him. I WILL LET YOU BE THE JUDGE. PHOTOS SAY IT ALL.