I Would NOT Recommend This Surgeon, Not Not Not! - Neptune Beach, FL

Left me with scars, discoloration, bumps and pain...

Left me with scars, discoloration, bumps and pain in neck and face area. Jowls are still there and SAID he did lower lid surgery.  Gave me chemical peel instead and made me sign release while drugged. Problem after problem for a year and still having tenderness in neck and facial area. (it now is over two years. Insulted me in front of his employees.

When I complained after a few months about jowls, he told me not to look in mirrors. Injected steroids into my 2" scar he caused on neck and purple black ( open wounds behind both ears) skin my husband had to clean and treat 4 times a day.Told me to take a vitamin that would make my skin feel like red ants, yes red ants biting. this was to increase blood flow in the purple black areas. Asked for forehead lift and told me that just raised eyebrows.  HE said dermabrasion would work better.He said downside was like scrapping of the knee.  More like being skinned.

Redness is still there along with scarring. When I asked him why my skin was red, he said my dog could have caused it. There is much much more but I think you have the idea. He did make an offer.  He told me I lived with the scar (he caused) long enough but I would have to pay just under 1000.00 more and he would use Juverderm in jowl area and butt fat under eye area.  NOT what I paid for.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

He was recommended by Life style lift. Beware of that as well. They are still recommending him. I WILL LET YOU BE THE JUDGE. PHOTOS SAY IT ALL.

Our office takes feedback very seriously, good, neutral, and yes, even bad. In that context, I hope to answer some of the questions / concerns below. As suggested by RealSelf staff, this will be my sole response on this particular thread.

The posted photos are near term post-op. Right after surgery, the skin is often red and inflamed. This is part of the natural post-op healing process and should come as no surprise. How someone will look long term is best analyzed via pictures taken at 6 months post-op. I would welcome 6 month post-op images of the patient being uploaded. We typically have those in our practice, but we cannot upload without the patient’s permission. If and only if the patient provides permission, we will balance the record.

Also, a few points to clarify some misconceptions in the thread below:

- We want all patients to have a positive experience with our practice. We recognize we cannot make 100% of patients happy 100% of the time. No doctor can. But, each of us can try. I follow patients carefully post-op. If a patient is not happy with his / her result, we offer to perform revision surgery where all of my professional fee is waived.
- I am not affiliated with Lifestyle Lift. I perform many “revision” procedures (procedures performed by other surgeons where the patient is not happy) and I do this by either performing a deep plane facelift or a SMAS facelift. These types of facelift procedures address the muscle that has been damaged by another facelift or that muscle that has fallen due to the aging process in a long lasting fashion.
- Contrary to assertions in this thread, I have not been found liable for a single medical malpractice claim.
- Our process for obtaining consents from patients involves the patient seen in to the office (usually 2 weeks before surgery). There, all consent forms are reviewed and signed, post operative instructions are given, and all questions are concerns are answered. Under no circumstances is a patient asked to sign a consent while medicated. We want patients to be fully informed of their choices well in advance of any proposed procedure.

Thanks for the opportunity to respond.
In regard to having signed a release form after receiving medications, do you know exactly what you signed? As an RN & Legal Nurse Consultant, it is very important to know what exactly was signed while you were under any type of medications. Informed consent is very explicit under the law as to what, how and when it is to be obtained to be a legal document. You may have some recourse. Were all of these side effects/injuries you've experienced explained to you as potential issues in having the surgery prior to medications? If not, you could have a legitimate lawsuit.
I am sorry for the pain you are going through, and hope it all clears up. My wife had the LifeStyle Lift (neck, chin, face) and, although some extended complications, I would give it a 7 of10. She had similar open wounds like you (the said it was "wrapped too tight) and they used laser to help hide it. Thereare still some uneven lumps on the bottom of her jaw.... but she is very happy. Ours was done in Danville, CA.
Please post your review on health grades, Rate MD and Vitals. A lot of people use the internet to research doctors and there is one decent review about him on them and that is it. It will steer others away. I am so sorry you are going through this ordeal and hope in time the pain and discomfort will be gone!
I checked out the ageless beauty site before and after photos and found no difference that could not be explained by lighting or makeup. One woman appears to have had an upper bleph (look at the after eyelids).
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

For the doctor have to sign a release form while drugged up is enough to show he is not professional or let's say LEGAL...my doctor told me NOT to sign anything while droggy and he told my son after surgery not to allow me to sign any documents of any kind while droggy..
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

So very sorry to hear of this. I recently heard that many board certified plastic surgeons and others are trying to get the LFS businesses closed down. There have been so many issues and complaints.
My neck does not have full movement and I am in constant "annoyance pain". Tight is an understatement and pings and pangs, sharp tweaks are a constant part of my day. My neck and left jawbone feel as if there is a force pushing in and around them causing a tightness that is sometimes unbearable. Almost like a choking sensation.The right side not as much. Where my scar sits, is where most of the pain is. It is also very tender to the touch. No sleeping on my left side any longer or tilting my head back. Simple things like laying on the floor trying to excersise is a thing of the past for me. It really hurts too much. It hurts too much. The lumps and bumps below the skin in the muscle area are hard to the touch. I hope this answers your question.
LJez, I asked because I am going through the same thing but by a "board certified plastic surgeon". It's been 1 1/2 years since my original surgery and 14 months since he "added" my neck which I thought he was doing in the first place. I also have the puckered jowls, banded neck, and tight/sore/burning wherever he tightened or undermined. I don't understand the why the choking and tenderness hasn't gone away but am crushed to hear you are same at 2 years. I've started on an anti-depressant because I get panicked whenever I realize this feeling may be forever. I've been to other consults but no one knows what happened. On RealSelf some docs say it is "normal" and will resolve in time; others say they never heard of this in 20 years of practice. I've tried massage (which helped with range of motion), vibration (which helped with the lumps) and lymphatic drainage (which didn't do anything). My pulling sensation is too widespread to consider steroid injections. I'm afraid of my plastic surgeon. It seems pointless going back. If you ever figure out what went wrong or how to stop this choking/burning/stretching pain please lets me know. I signed a "non-disclosure" so can't post my doctor's name. I was also approached after surgery while partially sedated where the anesthesiologist asked for more money. I thought I dreamed it until got the bill. Best wishes to you.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I can see that your results "sucked" but how do you feel? Is your skin or face/neck muscle tight or sore? Or do you feel (sensory) like you did before you ever did the surgery? I can see that your jowls are deflated (puckered) but how is your neck? Is it banded?
ALL those pics I posted are POST surgery. Are you blind?

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

For 2trusting. I have called LSL again and again and they are still recommending The Garcia Institute for this surgery. BUT you know what, he did not get any if it right. BEWARE>>>>>>>>>>
2trusting, Have you been injured by a surgeon as well? I feel the same way as you. I am sorry for what ever has happened.
LJez,
Yes, I had a LSL in 2010, I'll be posting my review on the LSL Thread soon. It's being edited down from 14pgs. to finally post as a review. I had too hard a time leaving out every sordid detail, so a friend is editing to posting size. It was horrible and I've found out all the horrible things about these "drs" ever since.
only reply to that is hahahahahahahaha
Hi, Thank you for your qualified Surgery treatment service. I am so happy to your great treatment.
Thanks
Poonom
"James Makker"
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I condemn the surgeon who did this to me. Apparently he did not know what he was doing.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks, JoyceMarie813 for posting that info. I hope anyone reading this will take a GOOD LOOK and help take action.