Neck Lift, Goldsboro NC, Left with Wrinkled, Puckered Skin

I had a vry disappointing neck lift with Dr Eskra...

I had a vry disappointing neck lift with Dr Eskra (labeled as a short scar neck lift with submental liposuction and platysma placation).

On the 3rd day post-op I called the office with concerns about puckering and wrinkling of the skin in the areas under my chin where the liposuction was preformed. I emailed a picture of my chin to the office a few days later with the same concerns and went in to see Dr Eskra a week earlier than the scheduled 2 week checkup. At that appointment and every subsequent appt I complained about the issue which grew progressively worse as the swelling went down. I hated going out in public because the skin looked so unnatural and at 1 month P/O Dr Eskra said all it would take was a simple tuck which he could do at the 3 month mark. A friend who was getting her neck lift done (in another state) took my pictures to her plastic surgeon to say “I don’t want this!” and she was told that the surgeon did not understand how the skin would react to liposuction. Truthfully I felt like a FREAK and still dreaded going out in public.

At the 3 month P/O Dr Eskra numbed the areas under and in back of my ear and did the tucks behind each ear and initially the skin looked much better. Sadly the improvement was only due to the swelling and only lasted a few days before going back to the hideous puckering and wrinkling.

At 5 months I went to a plastic surgeon who had extensive experience in facial procedures and the first thing he asked was why didn’t I go to a certified plastic surgeon. When I told him that I did, he asked for the name so he could “go check the credentials” because he could not believe it. He came back surprised that my surgeon was indeed certified then said, “It is obvious that the surgeon did not understand facial structure”. He asked me to get all the records, pictures, and notes from Dr Eskra and to come back at the 8th month mark. After looking at the records he was astonished at the amount of fat that was taken out and said that even with his 5,000 surgeries he had never taken out more than 1/3 of the fat that Dr Eskra had taken out under my chin. He said that I did not have a fat issue, but one of loose skin. He was appalled at the scarring behind my ears, not only at how the scars looked but that were so far away from the fold behind by ear, then remarked that there was no way to fix my neck by simply pulling the skin back at my ears, that it would have to be pulled in an upward direction also. He explained that the skin on my neck as well as my cheek area would all have to be separated to do it correctly.

I will have the revision done in January at a cost of $7625 after having already had to pay Dr Eskra $6200 to get myself into this mess in the first place – a very costly mistake. While I found Dr Eskra very personable, with a caring manner, and found his staff pleasant, I could not recommend him to anyone I know to have the same procedure that I had done. All they would have to do is look at my neck – it speaks for itself.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Like I posted under my experience, Dr Eskra's personality and manner was coureous and thoughtful. His office staff was pleasant. It was the work done by Dr Eskra that has left me feeling embarrassed by a most unnatural looking result.