Botox Review: Neanderthal Caveman Look

I had this done in 2002 when the food and drug...

I had this done in 2002 when the food and drug administration finallty approved this. However, I had a terrible experience.

It was my step-daughters wedding that I was going to attend  in 2 weeks and I thought why not look refreshed? At age 52, I did have a lot of winkles on my forehead and deep furrows between my brows. Therefore I chose a board-certified plastic surgeon in Illinois in a very upscale area.  Each vial was $400 and he used between 1 1/2 -2 vials for my forehead and between my eyes. Total cost was $800.

Meanwhile, after a few days I noticed that my  forehead seemed to drop and swell. My eyes were half-way closed. I could not move my brows or open my eyes any wider. I looked actually Neanderthal!  Needless to say the wedding pictures don't even look like me!!!

I called the doctor back and made another appointment. When I arrived, he rushed me into a room and explained to me I must be one of the 3% to have a reaction and there really wasn't anything he could do. However, he did tell me to do some facial exercises which I did to no avail!  Meanwhile, I called another plastic surgeon and was told that possibly he gave me too much botox or I was one of the 3% to have this reaction.

This look lasted for the next 4-5 months. When the muscles in my forehead were coming back to life again I experienced extreme twitching in that area which was quite uncomfortable.

I wonder how many people have had this reaction or was this a doctor who didn't really know what he was doing?

I had Botox for crow's feet and for the area between the eyes. I have had this treatment many times. However, this is the second time my eyes have not been even. One seems more open than the other. I went back to the doctor for a checkup and she put more Botox in the smaller eye. I see no difference in the size of my eyes. I wonder who else has had this experience. This is only the second time this has happened to me. All the other times the results were fine. Can anyone suggest anything?
You're doctor is an idiot. He put over 100 Units in your forehead? No one needs that much. 20-40 units TOPS. He didn't know what he was doing...
I had a similar reaction. My brows drooped, my eyelides looked swollen and my eyes could barely open. It has been 2 years since I had it done and it has improved only slightly.