Botox Review: Neanderthal Caveman Look

I had this done in 2002 when the food and drug...

I had this done in 2002 when the food and drug administration finallty approved this. However, I had a terrible experience.

It was my step-daughters wedding that I was going to attend  in 2 weeks and I thought why not look refreshed? At age 52, I did have a lot of winkles on my forehead and deep furrows between my brows. Therefore I chose a board-certified plastic surgeon in Illinois in a very upscale area.  Each vial was $400 and he used between 1 1/2 -2 vials for my forehead and between my eyes. Total cost was $800.

Meanwhile, after a few days I noticed that my  forehead seemed to drop and swell. My eyes were half-way closed. I could not move my brows or open my eyes any wider. I looked actually Neanderthal!  Needless to say the wedding pictures don't even look like me!!!

I called the doctor back and made another appointment. When I arrived, he rushed me into a room and explained to me I must be one of the 3% to have a reaction and there really wasn't anything he could do. However, he did tell me to do some facial exercises which I did to no avail!  Meanwhile, I called another plastic surgeon and was told that possibly he gave me too much botox or I was one of the 3% to have this reaction.

This look lasted for the next 4-5 months. When the muscles in my forehead were coming back to life again I experienced extreme twitching in that area which was quite uncomfortable.

I wonder how many people have had this reaction or was this a doctor who didn't really know what he was doing?