I love this forum! I mean seriously, late night...

I love this forum! I mean seriously, late night reading, almost every night - did I say getting a little obsessive? I'm a 31 yr old, happily married, momma of a 15 and 6 yr old, currently at 5'5, 140lbs. I had my first when I was really young and was able to bounce back to normal weight and size literally the same day I gave birth (i mean who does that?). Well after 2nd child, not the case! I went from 130 to 210, then back down to 150. I've been working out for the last 2 months and now I'm at 140 (goal weight 135lbs). I'm scheduled for a TT (for sure) on Dec 19 and perhaps boobies too (i'm not 100% on boobies). I've always felt confident inside, however, when I see my stomach, the flab, the sagging skin, the sad face belly button, it definitely knocks my confidence level down alot. And I know I'm not the only one that pinches and squeezes the skin late at night... imagining how it would be like without it. Did I mention I've never been in a bikini? So these hips are done birthing, hubby on board, and I'm ready! I've been thinking about this for years, and talked myself out of it several times like - you're being selfish, you're beautiful, hubby already loves you, who else is gonna see you naked, you might die and leave your kids motherless (yes I totally went there) and the $7k could go towards starving children around the world, blah blah blah, but I always come back to this forum... I'm sooooo ready and I'm over the moon excited - Will be posting my before pics soon. If anyone has comments about boobies, please do share. My concern is that I'm already a C cup (sorta flat), but would like to be a C cup (full) or small D cup, so not really a huge difference also not sure I want to pay the $5k for something that may not add a huge pizaz? Hubby says, baby, you should get it done all at once... i dont know - I'm still on the fence. Good night :)

Here goes pictures - 6 weeks pre-op - Eeeeek!!!

I'm 6 weeks away from TT and boobies :) I just realized how much lower my right breast is compared to my left. Hubby goes "baby, they're like testicles, one ball always hangs lower" - Did you really compare my breast to your balls? Then we had a good belly laugh - afterall he did charm me by his humor! Happy Friday everyone!

Cost breakdown of TT w/muscle repair and if I decide to add BA

Cost breakdown of my TT ($7,486)
Surgeon's fee - $4,000
Op room - $2,000
Anesthesia - $1,236
Pain pump - $250

Cost breakdown of my BA w/silicone ($5,359)
Surgeon's fee - $2,700
Silicone - $1,550 (Saline would've been $650)
Op room - $500 (multiple procedure discount)
Anesthesia - $609 (multiple procedure discount)

5 weeks away - super excited!

I don't really drive with my belly hanging out like this... (except on Thanksgiving - jk) My shirt is pulled up so you can see loosie-goosie.

Decided on TT and BA only and No on lipo flanks

Happy Sunday. Just a couple of before pics... Also, I've decided to not add lipo to flanks. I'm active, work out 5-6 days a week (started working out hardcore September) and I'm sure I can tone those lovely love handles. Read a lot of reviews and not wanting to deal with the ongoing pain - Besides, would rather invest $ in the BA instead ;) good night ladies.

Proof that I'm Expert at hiding the belly skin

I've been lucky to have zero negativity from anyone regarding my decision. All friends and family fully supportive. Here's a few pics of me fully clothes, so you can see that I'm an expert at Hiding the skin. Today I'm 5 5", 143lbs size 4 - 6 jeans, 34 c cup size. 30" waist, 36" hips.

Op Goal weight 135lb

I'm determined to hit my goal of 135lbs prior to surgery. I've got 1 month to go! Super excited!

Thinking about cup size...200 or 250cc?

I'm at a flat C cup and I'm going for a natural full / cup runneth over C or D cup. To achieve my desired look, PS says best option for me would be silicone and going over the muscle. So I'm debating on 200cc or 250cc... I'm leaning towards 250cc because so many have wished they've gone bigger.

Goal boobs

Here's my desired look.

Over muscle because...

Oops didn't clarify, PS said over muscle for me because I have plenty of breast tissue and also I'm extremely active. I agree with her 100%

To all the ladies here!

Feeling buyers remorse

So last night I was feeling major buyers remorse. I had thoughts of guilt and feeling like I might want to back out. I told my hubby and he goes "baby, if you don't want it than don't do it, but if you do, then DO IT!" Then I read a lot of your reviews and I'm back on for my TT and BA. So thank you sooo much everyone for posting your personal journey - the good the bad and the ugly. I truly appreciate you all. Btw, I'm hitting the gym really hard but the weight is just hovering right at 141... I still have time to hit my goal of 135 - and even if I don't I'm still on for the tt and BA. Here's a pic of me from gym.

To lipo or not to lipo the love handles?

So I had originally decided not to lipo the love handles but after looking at my pics, I'm reminded by how much I dislike mine. Ugh I wish I could just make up my mind! Pre op appointment is tomorrow. Feeling overwhelmed... And I don't like feeling this way.

2 weeks pre op / pics of flanks luv handles

Decision made - TT, Lipo Flanks, BA

Pre op this morning with Dr. Haws and her nurse Lynn. Also paid surgeons fee - and now want to throw up at the cost... (Just my nature) Nurse Lynn was very knowledgable and answered all of my questions and concerns, Like should I take stool softener a few days before? Answer no - just take after surgery. No lifting over 10lbs, no driving for at least 2-4 days. Walk 2 laps around the couch every 3 hours :) Dr. Haws also very knowledgable and we discussed my goals... Pain management - she decided not using a pain pump but instead injecting experiol (spelling) on all the surgery areas and only 1 drain and have it exiting the edge of tt incision, instead of a separate exit on top of the hoo ha (which I've seen lots of on here) Talked about my flanks (genetics) and even if I worked out like an athlete, I will always have that "love handle shape" so lipo flanks will help contour it. BTW, attached are my dr. Office pre op pics and holly cow - I look hideous lol and my flanks too gross!

Crazy dreams!

What's up with these wild dreams lately? 1 dream, I show up for surgery and they tell me sorry - your not scheduled till next month. Lol. The other dream, ps half-assed my TT and left my belly button as is... Wth - must be because I'm excited yet naturally nervous too. Please hurry up Aunt Flo - come on already. If my calculations are correct, should be here tomorrow, and gone by the time surgery starts :) fingers crossed. Picked up some smooth move camomile tea and will test drive it tomorrow or next day. I have heat pads and ice packs but ps doesn't want me using it unless she approves - since I'll be numb, she doesn't want me to inadvertently damage tissue. No aspirin or ibuprofen. Scale will not budge at 141lbs (goal is 135) Oh well... I feel great so screw it! On a good note, i got all 150 Christmas cards / letters stamped and address woo hoo! And almost done Christmas shopping. Hope you had a good weekend.

Showercap undies!

Hubby saw my pre op pics from the dr office and said "baby, I like those blue showercap undies" (not serious) but I did lol and had to share.

(TMI - but...) AUNT FLOW IS HERE! Woo-hoo

I should be done and over with aunt flow by the time my surgery is here. I'm so happy! Yes I'm bloated, yes I weigh 5 lbs more today, yes my back hurts, but it's the happiest periods ever! LOL Happy Hump Day!

Yep, this says it all

Anxiety like a ton of bricks :(

I'm 5 days away, yes I am super excited, yes I'm hormonal (my period) and to top it off, I have super anxiety today - to the point of trying to talk myself out of this... It's like all the reasons why NOT proceed, came rushing in all at once. From what I've read, this is normal. I went to the grocery store - big mistake! Everyone was getting on my nerves and all I wanted to do was cry. Got home, took a super hot long bath and felt 110% better. I took pics of myself again to remind myself why I've decided... So here's my pic (+7 lbs of bloat from my period).

Bought a NutriBullet yesterday to help with healing...

I jumped on the band wagon and bought myself a nutribullet from Target $99. My objective right now is to get my diet as clean as possible post op and while healing. This will make all the cells in my body very happy healthy - and generate quickly.
So, made me a spinach, banana, apple, raw almond smoothie and YUMMY! You cant even taste the spinach. Even my 6 yr old loves it - just give it a cool name like Monkey smoothie or Incredible Hulk Smash Smoothie... So here's my eating regime for pre op. Very low salt! No soda (which I don't drink anyway) Lots of fruits, Veggies, nuts, lean meat - chicken/fish. Steering clear of flour. Green tea with local honey. All in all, it's day 2 of Nutribullet and LOVE IT!

Tis the Night before surgery...

Yesterday I tried to talk myself out of getting the surgery. My boobs (with the help of Victoria secret - don't look too bad) belly and luv handles I could live with... BUT!!! I remembered why I'm doing this. For me... No-one else... For me to feel comfortable in my own skin. For me to shine on the outside like I already do on the inside. For me, because I'm always doing for others... For me. Because I've worked hard for it. I'm tired of always flexing and sucking it in. No amount of crossfit or boot camp will rid this skin. For me because this is what I want. Exhale, aah that felt good :)
Talked to anesthesia today, no food after midnight, no fluids after 6am - oh you better believe I'm gonna drink a huge glass a water at 6am so my veins are nice and juicy for the IV. My surgery is at 930am but I need to be at the hospital at 730am. No nail polish. No makeup. No perfume, no lotion. Wear a button up shirt, comfy lounge pants.
Also, I am nesting and have been nesting all week - Weird. Room is spotless, closet spotless, not a single item of clothes on the floor (huge accomplishment) dinners are all set for next few days. Laundry done, rx picked up. I will wake up early and shower and shave the ol hoo-ha :) and legs of course.
I'm not nervous anymore. I'm now in the excitement stage. Just sad that my hubby is so nervous about me going under...
Gonna go to bed a little early to get extra rest.
Ladies, I will post as soon as I'm awake from surgery.
Love and light to all you beauties!!!

Morning of surgery pics

It's 630am and Wanted to take a day of surgery pic... Said goodbye to my belly while in the shower. A little bitter sweet. Thank you my little Buddha belly... And goodbye.

Forgot One more pic

Marked up ready to go

Day 1. It's 2am

They started on me about 1100am, and I woke up at 3pm. Left hospital 415pm. Got home at 530pm. Last thing I said to anesthesia was, felt like I took 4 shots if tequila back to back zzzzzz. When I woke, I was nauseated and although felt like I could vomit, it never happened. Hard to talk, sounded like Marj Simpson. Very Thirsty and cotton mouth - yay ice chips. Also I immediately felt tightness in my ab muscles. And felt pain in my lower back. 1-10 with 10 being nail on hammer, I was prob at 3 (mainly the back). They had a catheter inserted during surgery and I still have it in. Will remove at about 10am today. Beware, my sense if time is all screwed up. Cat ride felt like 3 hrs. The hardest part so far was getting from car to house. Nauseated and had to take a quick break half way thought I was going to vomit. But didn't. I love my breast!!! They are exactly what i wanted. Like have zero discomfort coming from them. It's all mainly from back muscles. Also, I'm starting to bruise on lipo areas flanks, I have 2 lipo holes and one of them is and has been leaking like crazy! We stuck a maxi pad on it to soak up the ooz and have already filled up 3 pads, through my lounger pants. Strange that it's leaking so much. I only have 1 "grenade" exiting my actual tt incision its doing well. Draining very slowly. Maybe cause it's coming out of my lipo hole? At 8pm I ate 2 small tangerines, half of a peanut butter banana honey sandwich and drank total if 2 bottled waters. Just listened to my body and it was hungry :) I'm hunched but not as bad as I thought I would be. already starting to stand more upright. Making sure to make a lap around the house when I feel up to it. Overall I'm at a discomfort level 3. Pain level 3. Thank goodness for the recliner!!! An absolute must! And hubby and daughter are the greatest nurse ever!!! Oh and stay on top of your pain meds otherwise you'll be sorry! I was prescribed a OxyContin/Tylenol mix. (Because In the past had Vicodin and vomited profusely for 48 hrs) Strange but it's working :) Ok gonna try to rest now. Happy healing to you all xo!

PS took out 1 liter fat from flanks and 1.5 lbs of skin

Took a little cat nap and awake again... In feeling happy/great emotionally. Got a wonderful hubby who's taking such great care of me.

Day 1 7am

catheter was making me feel uncomfortable so hubby removed it. It was a breeze. A tiny sting. Here's a pic of me. Love the low scar and the boobs! Of course boobs are super swollen right now so I expect them to look smaller which is perfect and I have feeling in both nipples - so happy! Was a huge concern of mine. Slowly getting appetite back, ate a small tangerine and 3 crackers. Drinking lots of water. Gonna get some rest now. Hugs and happy healing!

Boobs!!!

I have boobs!!! I am so so so glad I did all my surgeries at once. Tummy tuck with muscle repair, lipo flanks, and BA. So glad I did! And thanks all of your support because I tried to talk myself out of It many times.

Day 2, 9am

The hours seem to go by soooo slow. Yesterday was rough. My ps did not use a pain pump due to my allergy to codeine. So she injected experiol on all surgery sites. It was supposed to be numb for 3-4 days but my Body metabolized it all within 24 hours. And now I can feel everything. And let me tell you, it's very painful. My pain was up and down, from a 3 to a 9. The stitches on my abdomen will get a burning sensation. Like getting a new tattoo. It's tolerable. It comes and gos. My lipo areas are blue and purple and very sensitive to the touch. I bumped inTo the bathroom wall and holy hell! My boobs feel a little like when I was pregs and engorged. The boob pain is easy compared to the others. Hubby went out to get me one of those pillows people use in airplanes. Still hunched. I'm feeling groggy and very low energy today. Since catheter is out, I pee like a 90 year old man. Slow dripping and when you think you're done, well there's a little more... Sipping on green tea / honey. Right now I'm Emotionally stable - just so very grateful hubby and daughter are here with me. Pain is at a 2-3 right now. Felt like I had to go #2 but false alarm. Also starting to swell. Will post pics later. Hugs and happy healing.

Day 2

Gas pains, oh how I wish I could fart!

My intestines are full of air, oh how I wish I could just fart it out like men do. Discomfort from gas :(

Day 3 615am

I've been up since 4am. Burst if energy. Decided to shower, washed my hair, pits, and hoo ha - could not reach my legs (oh well-next time) boy that wore we out! But I feel so awesome. I'm finally passing the gas, poor hubby - for the first time in 10 years I've been farting in front of him. It's just air... I'm healing really well, the low sodium diet right before and post op are a must! I'm barely draining. Also, I'm starting to be itchy, a good sign. My spirits are high, energy is up, and liking what I'm seeing under the cg. Happy healing ladies!

Be careful when drinking

I swallowed wrong and had a coughing spell and I think that's what death feels like.

Comparing pre op / 3 days post op

Day 4 9am - BM! Woo hoo

Good morning my rs girlfriends. Oh how I love reading your stories and journeys, your ups and downs, your sense of humor. You ladies are all rockstars :)
I'm feeling wonderful today. Started weening off my narcotic in day 2, now I'm taking a half a pill every 6 hours. I took MoM yesterday at 8pm and had coffee this morning, within 10 minutes of coffee I had my first bm - oh how happy happy I am! Yesterday my back pain was at a 7 and everything else was a 2-3. Today, I bet my back pain lessons since I had the BM. I'm still at 2 pain everywhere else. (Scale 1-10) still hunched. I've been swollen since day 2 but not sure if I would call it "swell hell" just yet. I eat very clean and very low salt. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?
I'm barely draining anything so hopefully will take my drain out. Last night I felt irritated and defeated, bloated, gassy, major back pain. Today I feel great, spirits are high. Here are my day 4 pics in hopes that it will help you on your journey. your pics have helped me tremendously. Love and light to all!

Weight

I was about 143 pre op.
day 2, I was 147.3
today (day 4) I'm 145. Swelling is slowly going down :)

Day 5 - The recliner / love hate relationship

Joy
I had a great 'day' yesterday! I normal/clean, snuck a couple pieces of homemade fudge... my bff and her family came to visit me - and every time they do, let me tell you, we lol till our stomachs hurt! and sure enough, I was hunched over, tears in my eyes from lol and hurting all at the same time. It hurt, but to me, it was worth it because it filled my spirits with so much joy.
Pain
If I stayed in a seated position, my pain was easy breazy at a 2 so yesterday I took 500 mg of Tylenol every 4 hours, but when I walked, that shit was like a 7-8. OMG my back was screaming bloody hell. (So I took it as a sign to sit my bum down) Well then comes bed time...
Recliner
My back muscles hurts so bad, don't confuse it with lipo pain, its 2 different pains. Lipo pain tolerable, back pain - the devil! Come bed time and I could not get comfortable with my recliner tonight. My bum did not want to behave. I sat in it and my butt said "Oh hell no"! what?! so I tossed and turned about 2 hours later, by this point I was so tired, irritated and frustrated that while I was trying to get out of the recliner and put the leg thing down, it wouldn't snap in down place. So I was slamming the hell out of it, like boom boom boom boom boom. And I wanted to cry and burn that bi$%& down all at the same time! Then hubby woke up and insisted I take my oxy and so I sat there on the recliner like a defeated weeny baby. That Oxy took 1.5 hour to kick in! Normally it kicks in within 25 minutes... that's what people mean when they say chasing the pain is an uphill battle. Note: I will take my oxy at night and Tylenol in the day...
Recap
Seems, I am most energetic in the morning and day, but around 8-9pm I get irritable and my back and bum turns into a flaming dragon.
Now
I woke up and took a bath... I didn't submerge. I put a small step stool in the bath tub and filled water only up to my ankle. I took a real shower 2 days ago and I much prefer the bath version instead. I was able to go at my pace in the bath vs trying to hurry up in the shower cause my back hurts so bad. Shaved my pits, yikes it was harry. So glad I had a razor that doesn't require shaving cream. Venous Spa Olay something... cant remember. Today, I'm walker straighter with a slightly Steve Urkle sway. This helps with my back. I would definitely say the worse part has been the back pain for sure. I look about the same as yesterday so no pics today. Ok, done rambling.
Ladies have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healing. Don't know where I'd be without you - probably still have my jelly belly :) thank you so much!

Day 5 Hair loss

I am experiencing hair loss. Just saw in the bath tub about 20 strands of hair. However, in a good note, This is my normal anatomy, I notice that after my body goes through trauma, I always experience hair loss. My last 2 births - hair loss. And how I know it's not related to the medicine is 1 birth was all natural with no pain meds. So boo hair loss :(

Day 7 - 1st post op appnt

Hello RS sistas, as slow as the hours seem to go by, I can't believe it's already been a week!
Yesterday (day 6)
Was Christmas Day. I had a great day. And already off the pain pills (except a little Tylenol for my back)
Walking straighter and less back pain. For me, day 5 was the worse day for back pain - and everyday it gets less and less :) I'm getting a little itchy around the lipo areas and random tingly sensation, and sometimes shooting zings but especially if I move a certain way. I also pooped today but disappointed 20 minutes on the throne resulted in 2 marble sized pebbles (sorry for the tmi) either way, still happy it's moving along. Family went to the movies and I cried because I couldn't go. And I'm not even a crier! Pathetic. What a weeny. I must have extreme cabin fever and now I know why everyone says it can be emotional roller coaster. Btw, glad I didn't go cause I napped instead ;)
Today (day 7) 10am
Today I get to to my first Postop appointment. took a bath (did NOT submerge - sat on small stool in bath tub) took a few pics and although swollen, I'm liking what I see :) finished my antibiotics thank goodness! My pain is at a 1, back at a 3. Last night I tried to sleep on my bed. So damn tired of that recliner. 2 hours in bed and I couldn't get comfortable. Moved to recliner and was out within 15 minutes. I noticed I was able to fully stretch out to sleep on the recliner, so so nice. This is not the same as being fully stretch out flat... Not quit there yet. Walking straighter, and faster. Will post what the ps says. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Weight update

(Ps removed 1.5 lbs of skin and 1 liter of fat, added 222 cc of silicone - gotta factor all the weight, just saying)

Appetite

Forgot to mention my appetite is in full swing normal starting day 6. But I will admit, sitting on my butt watching food network all day doesn't help either... Lol. Me hungry hungry hippo!!!

Pics this morning

Drains gone!

Woo hoo, drains are gone! I could've had them removed 4 days ago but ps office was closed. Ok, not gonna lie - the worse part was when nurse took stitches off the drain site. Then she pulled the drain out, strange pulling sensation and it only hurt at the drain site. She kept telling me to breath and if guess I forgot because I got light headed and then can feel my body starting to sweat. Nurse says body goes into fight or flight mode... Glad I was laying down otherwise I might've passed out. Cleaned and replaced all tape and everything is healing up well. Nurse says I am swollen in my lower back and my belly (duh). Saw my belly button today, looks like a hole - nothing cute about it just yet. She didn't cover it, wanted it to air out. She also trimmed my 3 panel cg into a 2 panel. I wished I knew, I could've done that days ago! I have a short torso so it kept riding and rubbing my BA incision. Also, very glad hubby drive me because I was light headed all the way home. I just ate lunch and now I want to rest - tired. Will post pics later. Have a great day ladies!

Ibprofin

Forgot to mention I could switch from Tylenol to ibprofins now. Nurse says the in profound will help more than Tylenol. Take 600mg twice a day.

Pics of Belly button

Say hello to Lola

Totally getting obsessive with taking body part selfies... Say hello to Lola - the right boob hangs a tiny smidge lower so her name is "Low" and the other boob is "La" and together they make "Lola!" Lol - I'm acting like a total space cadet right now - just very happy and giddy, got my boobs back! Recap, I was a 34c/d cup flat, and now I'm pretty sure I'm a 34d.

Bikini 7 days post? In December? Why the heck not?

So after resting a bit from going to post op appointment earlier I got a jolt in energy. I had the idea to put on some bikinis. These are my daughters bikinis - she is very well endowed with natural DD (most likely when she has kids, she will need BA like me) of course this is just for fun... Enjoy. I'm gonna go sit on the recliner now, whew that was draining!

The hoo-ha files (tmi warning)

Hello ladies. Wasn't sure if I wanted to post this but remembered how much your brutal honesty has helped me So here goes... I am so pleasantly surprised, no, I'm very ecstatic to report that I love my new hoo-ha! From everyone's pics, I new my hoo-ha would be pulled tight and higher on the front but didn't expect anything else. What I didn't expect was... The little sailer of the ship (ahem, aka clitoris) sits about 1/2 to 1 inch higher. My old mons was jiggly/soft, but this one is much tighter, even the pubic hairs stand a little taller - I know I know - told you tmi! kegal muscles are now supercharged and can flex/squeeze like an anaconda. What a bonus! Did not expect to get a new and improved hooha! And I read another RS sister mention her orgasms are more intense? Well there you have it. Here's to your new and improved hoo ha xoxo

Day 8 - this tired bear did not sleep good last night

Good morning! Whew I'm tired. Tried to sleep in my bed - that lasted about 1 hr. Then moved to the recliner (cringe) and just couldn't fall asleep. It was like all the pillows were in the wrong place. Perhaps I overdid it yesterday and now paying for it. I'll be sure to take it easy today. Here are my morning pics.

List part 1 - Ridiculously long list of things that I found helpful

Pre op eating, I started mine 4 days prior And it contributed to my healing big time. my drains could've been removed on day 3-4 (but ps office was closed for Christmas)
Eat low sodium / eat clean and lean
Cut out all sodas / all alcohol
Cut out White flour
Lower sugar intake
Do not go out to eat - they put so much sodium in everything! Unless you know for sure! Just don't do it. Not worth it promise.

Most important. Recliner! Rent one borrow one whatever you have to do - get one!

4-6 pillows, 2 small pillows, and a neck pillow like used an airplanes. That neck pillow is a must for me, especially on days where you sleep almost upright. Another rs sister mentioned a boppy pillow that helped her butt. I didn't have one.

Comfortable tanks to wear under cg. Recommend them not be too loose around the belly bc this will add creases to your skin once you put the cg on tight. I had a bunch of soft tanks laying around. Some rs sisters used wife beaters.

If you're having BA - Sports bra with front zip. I Used this for first 4 days then switched to normal sorts bra. I only had 1 front zip - it worked. Keep in mind you don't want your BA incision getting rubbed and agitated with bra underwire.

Meds for pooping. I know... Whatever will help you wake up your bowels. I normally have 1 BM every morning so I didn't fret too much on this. On day 3, I did however had to take 1 dose of MoM and 1 gasx pill - had a BM on day 4, 6 and 7 (morning coffee always helps) Some rs sisters say prune juice, stool softeners, doculax, suppositories, helped them.

Get some Tylenol and ibprofin to ween you off the narcs. Do not take more than 4000 mg of Tylenol in a 24 hr period. And be careful if you're on the Percocet/Tylenol mix. Ps did not want me taking ibprofins till after 7 days - no more than 600 mg twice a day.

Flush able Wet wipes for wiping hooha, boodie, whatever - especially if your ps doesn't allow showers till way later. My ps allowed me to shower day after surgery but I still found the wet wipes handy.

I showered on day 3. I used a small belt and hung it around my neck (sounds aweful doesn't it?) and then hung my drain on the belt. Worked like a charm. My shower was not big enough to put a chair or stool in it so i ended up Rushing my shower because my back hurt so much. I wasn't able to wash my legs and feet. Could not reach them. Next bath (day 5) I put a small step stool in bath tub, sat on the stool, and filled water a little higher than ankle (do not submerge!) I used a plastic cup to scoop water. I found no back pain and I was able to wash all parts and take my time. And I did not cover my tape or belly button. Used normal soap. After bathing I did use a blow dryer to to dry my tape and bb.

Razor, get a razor that doesn't require shaving cream. This eliminates another step while bathing. I was glad I did. I got venous olay spa. Totally Worth it to me. Trust me, after a few days your pits will be nasty and you'll want to shave them!

If you lipo - get some always Ultra thin pads. (Not everyone leaks, but some do) I was one of the lucky ones...I used about 10 pads to soak up my leaking lipo hole. It worked like a charm! And was an absolute must! I had medical tape to tape it on place. On the 1 hr ride home, My back lipo hole leaked through the hospital gauze, cg, pants, and on my car seats. It was a bloody mess! It stopped leaking on day 2-3.

Bruising. I got bruised even in areas where the ps did not do any work. This is normal. I did not use any creams for my bruising. Just letting my body do it's thing. Some rs sisters recommend arnica cream.

Granny panties, get 1-2 sizes larger! I didn't get larger and ended up cutting slits in my granny panties. First 2 days I didn't bother wearing any panties at all. Found it was too right around belly and thighs. You will be swollen even in areas where no work was done. Feet. Thighs. Etc.

Chapstick - a must! I love burtsbees.

Loose Lounge/yoga/sweat pants - you will live in these for at least 1-2 weeks. I already had some so didn't have to purchase.

Bent straws for drinking. I didn't use any but Another rs sister recommended this. I drank only bottled water religiously to help flush my system. Be careful when drinking - I swallowed wrong and had a coughing spell - hurt like hell! If this happens, take a small pillow and pull it into your stomach right under your boobs. This helps - promise.

Food: crackers! I'm not a cracker eater but this was a must especially when taking meds and feeling nauseous. The antibiotics made me queasy.

Fruits. I ate 4 (halos or cuties) aka tangerines a day. Apples with peanut butter yummy. Pretty much stuck to my low sodium clean diet. I wasn't as strict during post op as I was pre op. I did eat a few pieces of Chocolate here and there. I gained full appetite at day 4.

Tips: Fully prepare your helper. The first 3 days will be very hard for them. My hubs wishes he was briefed on what to expect. Poor guy.

Prior to and after surgery, Show lots of love to those that will be caring for you! After surgery, You will be irritable, you will be emotional, they will be picking up ALL of your mommy slack (which is lots!) and go ahead an thank them and apologize in advance :) this is taking a huge toll on your body but they will be there for you at your becking call.

Hair loss - I experienced this and other rs sisters have too. This is normal.

Eyes. For days 1-2 it was hard for my eyes to focus. So did not do much reading.

Pre surgery nest. Remember nesting when you were pregs? Do it. This will be the last time it's done to your specs for the next 2 weeks. I had all laundry done, sheets washed, house cleaned, dinners for next couple days premade and frozen. Tie up as many loose ends as you possibly can and the ones you can't get to, let it go...

And I can't say this enough. Rest rest rest! Don't overdo it, stay on top of your pain meds especially at night. Listen to your body. Drink lots of water. I know this list is long and daunting. I hope this helps you. This will be a journey that will be so worth it. Keep your eyes on the end result. You will love them! Good luck and happy healing. Hugs xo

Day 9 - walking straighter and slept in the bed

Good morning rs sistas! Today I woke feeling great! Even took a long real shower and hot water hitting my back felt so good. I'm clean with clean clothes on - Rosie is happy!

I'm happy to report that I'm standing about 90 straight. If I make a conscious effort I can stand 95%. My back pain is lessening. Last night I slept in my bed. But I wouldn't call it a victory just yet. I toss and turned and woke every 2 hours to reposition. I slept on both sides and back and was able to lay flat with just one pillow. Of course, it takes about 3 - 5 minutes to get into position and relax the muscles. Woke at 5am and took a half Percocet cause I was in pain.

abs feel rock hard like I'm flexing. It's mainly along the middle-right. I bet it's from the muscle repair. Swelling is minimal, mainly in back from lipo. Spirits are good. No crying spells to report. Bruising is getting better - I'm not using any cream. Just drinking water, lots.

Have a great day!

Cg - if you go from 3 to 2, keep your - piece.

So I went from a 3 panel cg to 2. Nurse cut for me, but I could've cut it myself (had I known). It kept riding high and hitting my BA incision.
I kept the piece and "training" my waist a bit. See my pics. I put the 2 panel on normal and then put the 3rd panel on my waist tighter ham the other. Wished I had an hour glass but instead I got straight boyish torso. now that my body is contouring, this is a perfect time for me to train my waist. I started on day 7.

Before and after day 9

Ladies make sure you take lots of before pics. Makes it easy to go back and look at where you were, especially on days when you're feeling critical and nit picky. I haven't hit this stage yet, I'm at the "wholly shit, can't believe its me" stage. Especially when i look at the before and after, I love them!
I wished I took a full frontal naked before pic so that I could see exactly how much higher and different my hooha sits.
Hope you ladies have a good day.

More day 9 pics

Found the perfect bra for BA recovery

Had cabin fever soooo bad so daughter drove me to target. Found this Bandini and got it in a XL. For $16.99. It's so comfortable and fits like a dream. 20 minutes at target and I was done. I could've went longer but I would've paid for it later.

Comparing day 4, 7, 10

Slept in the bed all night. It wasn't easy, Woke every hour to reposition. It's as if my abs want to constantly contract and I have to breath deep to relax them. Hard to turn and try not to engage the abs.

Day 10, Off of all meds including ibuprofen and Tylenol. able to laugh without being in pain. I can walk 97% straight.

Spirits are high. Energy is back to normal however I get fatigued very quickly. Yesterday 20-25 minutes at Target was all I could handle. It's like spurts. I do and then I rest / rinse and repeat.

I'm very happy with my results. My belly button is an innie and healing very well.

Boobs - longer upper torso

Wanted to take a moment to discuss my longer upper torso. (shoulder to nipple). I always thought my boobs were saggy, It always bothered me, so I discussed with ps and was surprised when ps said lift not necessary, cause there's nothing to "lift". Having a longer upper torso, My breast "as a whole" sits about 2 inches lower than ideal and gives the appearance that my boobs are saggy.

So I turn to google to see what ps was talking about. Sure enough, I saw breasts placement in all positions.

Wished my breast as a whole sat a little higher. Oh well. I'm still very happy with my breast and they aren't saggy ;)

Progress pics

Weight update

Wanted to post my weight to show the progression of swelling. Currently Swelling is minimal. I contribute this to clean and low sodium eating. I've been eating normal appetite since day 6.

Ps removed 1.5 lbs of skin and 1.5lbs of fat, added 222 cc of silicone (1lbs)

Day 10, 140

Day 10 pics

Day 10 comparison

Measurement update

Since I'm updating my weight, thought it might be helpful to update measurement too. I still have swelling, mainly in my back on lipo areas.

Dec 30. (Day 11 post op)
Comparison before / after
Boob 34 / 35
Under boob 29.5 / 30
Waist 30 / 31
Hips 36 / 36

Dry skin

Noticed on day 9 my skin, head to toe, is very dry. Didn't think much of it and left it as is.

Today, day 11, it's ashy. Looks like it's snowing-skin (gross)

Remarkable how the body puts it's priority into healing the wounds and puts the normal function (like moisture in skin) on the back burner. Increase in water and lather on the Aveeno :) btw, I'm still losing hair put it's slowing down big time.

Day 11 - drove and then had sushi

On day 9, was getting cabin fever sooo bad that I had to do something. Anything. So I Decided to cook dinner, kale mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli, and pan sautéed chicken with Rosemary and balsamic orange marmalade sauce. Cooking gives me peace and clarity (weird). It was sooooo delicious. But damn it wore me out! 2 tylenols later and then zzzzz

Day 10, I could've easily went into the office and worked a few hours... But then I slapped myself in the face and was like "hell no, rest!!!" So I did 3 loads of laundry instead... (I know I know) I've always been a worker bee and it drives me crazy to just sit around. I did listen to my body and rested I between loads ;) Slept in my bed - felt awesome. 10 hours. And no pills.

Day 11 (today) Bored out of my mind. Afraid my ass is going to be permanently flat from sitting on it all damn day :( Debated about going into the office, but I didn't. False alarm ;) Drove about 1 hour round trip to drop daughter off. Then had sushi with hubs for dinner. Been doing so good with my low sodium. Curious to see how much I swell tomorrow from sushi. We shall see... (1-10) Pain in abs is at a zero, back is at a 1.5 - 2, lipo area only hurts at a 3 if you press on it. Lola (my boobs) are less swollen and looking more lovely than ever ;)

Everything is going great. Cannot complain. I'm only on day 11 and will do it all over again in a heart beat. It's So worth every penny and gas pains and pain pill. Even though I went back and forth and couldn't decide, I'm so happy I did tt BA and lipo together. I recommend it! Just Do it - like Nike

happy healing and good night.

Day 12 Swell hell in full effect - Damn you sushi!!!!

Went to dinner with hubs, sushi... and about 3 hours later I started to swell. Not lite swelling either, major swelling. Back was in pain from the swelling and incision felt tighter than ever. I had to take 2 Tylenols. It was horrible. I've gained 2.2 lbs of swell :( damn you sushi - not worth it. Will not be going out to eat!!!

Day 10, 140
Day 12, 142.2 (Sushi swell from night before)

Day 14 pics - scale doesn't budge, but inches are!

Good morning my rs sistas. Happy new year ya'll (southern)

Just a quick update. Today I weighed myself and the scale will not budge, however, the inches are coming off. Honestly, I'd rather lose inches than weight anyway. if you're keeping track of your weight, make sure you measure your inches too.

Judging by weight, I'm still swelling, and according to my measurements, my body is slowly contouring into its "new and improved" shape. It was very important for me, that my ps understood my goals of a natural look. From boobs to belly button - must look natural. I didn't want my bb to be a perfect round circle - because after all nothing is "perfect" in nature. And ps delivered! I couldn't be more happy with my results.

Day 14, 142.4

Waist 30 / 30.5 / 30.25
Hips 36 / 36 / 35

Day 17 TT incision pics

TT
The tape was bothering me making me itch and I was so over it so I took it off and going to let the incision breath. Right in the middle bellow my new bb is my old belly button. If you squint, you could see my old bb piercing (one of my regrets) anyway, I have a different tiny pin hole (not piercing) that stays moist. It's not alarming but geesh, wish it would behave and dry out. Ps will most likely do a minor revision to remove more old bb. I notice on hips, incision seems to be much more thick with ridges and fissures... I'm sure this will smooth out over time.

BA
Good note: I love love my new boobs. I was worried about them feeling like "they won't be a part of my body" but they absolutely feel like they belong.
Bad note: I think I might have a stitch giving me an issue. It feels like it's poking me from the inside and it's itchy.

Lipo flanks
This still hurts. Feels sore like a bruise. I wouldn't call it painful. Just discomfort when pressed but nothing to whine about.

abs
Feels like I did thousands of crunches and only uncomfortable if I sneeze or cough. Not unbearable but it reminds me "hey, we got our asses kicked just 17 days ago - take it easy"

Hope you ladies are healing well. I have another post op appointment in 3 days and will update then. Have a great day!

3 Week post op check up

Hello RS sistas, hope you're doing well / healing well :)

Today, I had my 3 week post op check up and wanted to share the news.

Boobs: She said my boobs look great and they will "settle" more and become more "jiggly". I told her I feel a stitch under a boob and it's really bothering me. She found it and extracted the little bugger - about 1/4 inch long. I feel so much better now. I can wear any bra that I find comfortable. No longer need to tape my BA incision.

TT: She checked the incision, and everything looks great. Says the incision will flatten out. Wants me to keep taping it until our next meeting 1 month from now. She may or may not decide to do a revision on my old bb - we shall she.

Lipo of Flanks: Says body will continue to contour and said to NOT purchase any new jeans as I will continue to see changes. She says I have about 5lbs of swell on me (wow!!!) I'm still tender to the touch, just feel bruised. (although no bruise visible)

She says anything major would've shown itself by now. ie. Seroma, etc. Also, I'm free to do light activities but to stop immediately with any pain. Also, she says if I have major swelling at night, that means to back off because I overdid it. I'm going to wait a few more days before I go to Zumba. I will post my 3 week pictures either later on today or tomorrow. Till then sistas...

3 weeks post pics

Hi ladys, I took these pics myself this morning.
Happy healing!

Week 2/3 side by side comparison

The week 3 pictures were taken by me and it was hard to get an accurate angle.
Judging by pics, even though ps says I have about 5 lbs of swelling, looks like swelling is slowly going down. (Curve of my back) Also my bruises are almost all faded.
Happy healing!

Boob 34 / 35 / 35 / 35
Under boob 29.5 / 30 / 29 / 29
Waist 30 / 30.5 / 30.25 / 29.5
Hips 36 / 36 / 35 / 34

Inches are slowly coming off and I'm not working out :)

Bitter sweet - goodbye old bras

Thank you for the padding and support :) but I no longer need the faux lift and boobage - this mommy upgraded her parts :) happy Friday sistas.

The Brand of tape matters!

I learned the hard way. For the first 2 weeks, PS placed 3M brand tape on my incision. No worries - easy breezy. Ps told me that I can change the tape daily if I wanted to. My mistake was I didn't ask her what brand she used. So off to walgreens I go.

Gahlly!! There were like 6 different types of tape and brands - and they all look the same... Overwhelmed! So I went with the generic Walgreens brand. Bad bad choice for me.

After using the tape for 1 day, I noticed when I removed the walgreens tape from my incision, it was smelly - slightly sour - like wet gym socks. So I cleaned the incision, replaced the tape. Then on day 2 It became very itchy, with little red dots. Oh no!

Luckily I happen to have a post op appointment and ps said, you need to use 3M brand!!!!! and then she sent me home with a roll. And guess what?! no more smelly tape and no more itching!

So moral of story. Go ahead and ask your ps if you can please take a roll of tape home or write down the exact brand they use.

The walgreens tape set me back on my incision healing :( just look at my jan 5 post, look how dark they were (this was the 2nd day on the walgreens tape)

happy healing ladies :)

4 weeks, wow time flys

I cannot believe it's been 4 weeks! Wow time time flys. I hope you're doing well, Iso enjoy checking on you, reading your reviews. Hang in there lady's it gets better promise, and for those that are indecisive, do it now! Life is short! Enjoy and love your body now. Be the best "you" want to be - it's attainable - no you're not vain for wanting your body a certain way. If it makes you shine - do it cause when you shine, others shine too. As I type this, I realize Perhaps I had too many cocktails...
Oops.

Here are my updates:
Boobs: love them. They are dropping into their normal position. Please don't drop any further or else my heart will break. Not really. But yes I really love them. They are perfect for me. If j bend over, I get a strange pain from nipple to my BA incision. Like a .5 out if 10. It's The same incision that ps had to pull a 1/4 inch stitch from. I'm not worrying about it. Still taping the incision.

TT: no pain whatsoever. I could flex, laugh, sneeze, poop, orgasm, (tmi-cocktails) all is good. Incision seems to be doing well (all taped up still, per ps orders) although released me to do light activities, I'm gonna wait till the 6 week mark. Don't want to mess with my muscle repair. Sorry but 1 week is not gonna kill me to take it easy :) I do like seeing my ab muscles. I've never seen them in my entire life!

Lipo flanks: I could sleep on my sides, no problem. However, it takes a moment to turn from side to side because I could still feel the pain. Feels like I'm bruised from a real hard core work out. It gets better everyday.

That sums it up. Hope ya'll are doing well. Till then my sistas...

4 weeks side by side pics

Side by side pics always puts things Into perspective. Wow. Check out my luv handles... And to think I almost backed out of the lipo - glad you ladies talked some sense Into me. Thank you - I am grateful.

I caught a minor cold from my 6yr old and started my period. Boo :( but aside from that I'm doing great! Only minor complaint would be the lumpy feel on my BA incisions. Like I could feel the internal stitches, which google says takes up to 4 months to fully dissolve. No big deal.
Lipo pain still present. Feels like a bruise, a very large bruise.
Hope you all are doing well. I will be surfing your posts and checking up on you. All my support, and hugs.

6 weeks update

Hi sistas. Hope you all are doing well. Thing are great!!!

I haven't started to work out yet but will this upcoming week. And when I do, I will wear my cg for added support and comfort.

Boobs: look and feel real!!! I have feeling In my nipples - very important to me. One is healing slightly faster than the other but oh well. If you look at my pics, you'll notice that my boobs are not perfectly matched to each other. This is my body and has nothing to do with the surgeon. One sits lower than the other. And I didn't want to undergo the scars and pain of getting them perfect - which I love them just the way they are :)

TT: wholly shit I have a washboard stomach with muscle definition. Over NEVER had this in my whole life!!!! I'm still taped up and incision is healing nicely. Still numb around and bellow button.

Lipo: okay, honestly this still hurts like I have a big bruise. I ran up the stairs the other day and just the jiggling of the skin muscles on my back, hurt a little. Bit I would do it all over again!!! Look at my pics - wow!!!

Our company had a 3 day conf. Of almost 75 people. And I looked like a million bucks!!! I felt gorgeous! Like smoking hot! And even had multiple People compliment me. So silly that I had to check myself to make sure my flab wasn't hanging out / but it wasn't there!!! All in my head. I am so happy I did this. So so so happy. I'm more confident than EVER! I walk straighter and stand taller and smile more. Wow wow wow. So it ladies! You deserve it!!!

Nashville Plastic Surgeon

Oh and I'm in Nashville TN
Hi there and girl am I ever glad I stumbled upon your blog! I've been searching for somebody to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth about this type of surgery, and you did so with sincerity, honesty, and above all humor! You didn't sugar coat it, and let the good and bad simply BE what it actually was. I marvel at your journey, respect you for your honesty, and admire you for your strength. And there's another thing, I envy the hell out of your body now! I am 46 years old, extremely large breasted (have been my entire life), and I'm suffering from a heck of a lot of pain in my back, upper shoulders and neck because of the weight of my breasts, and I also have a belly that I absolutely hate. My son (only child) will be 21 years old next month and I've had this lovely < serious sarcasm> overhanging belly for all this time, and I'm ready to get rid of it. I weigh about 150 pounds right now, yet no one ever believes I weigh as much as I do because a great deal of it is in my boobs lol. I would simply love to speak with you to get your opinion on your surgeon and ask you a couple (thousand lol) questions that I wouldn't feel right about asking in a public forum, but even if I don't hear from you I thank you so much for all of the work you did in detailing your journey so brilliantly! You certainly have given me a lot to think about today, and BTW I do think my insurance would actually pay for a breast reduction/lift and tummy tuck due to other health issues that have plagued me because of both overly large breasts and the overhanging belly flap (sounds so sexy doesn't it?! LoL). My email address is Ladydragyn@aol.com, but again if you do not have the time nor the inclination to get in touch with me I will not be upset at all. You have already helped me in many ways, and I feel much more informed in order to make an educated decision as to what I need to do next. I have spent my entire life, literally my entire life (starting at age 7), taking care of other people and I think it's long past time that I decided to take care of myself. God bless you for sharing such a personal journey and I pray that you are happy and fulfilled every day of your life. With sincere gratitude, Beth
You look great! I'm excited about my consult with Dr. Haws.
You look awesome! 6 weeks was a turning point for me in the swelling department, so hopefully that's true for you too! Good luck with your continued healing!
Beautiful Rosie, your breasts look so natural x
You are smoking hot lady- keep healing well !
Do you still swell up in the evenings? Are you still pretty numb?
Yes I still swell in the evenings, but to be honest I also swelled when I had all that fat and flab too. Especially if I ate bad. I'm not too worried about though because even with the swell, I still feel 100 times better. Yes I'm still numb around the belly button and right below. Hope you're doing well!
You r a rock star! I'm genuinely happy for you...wooohooo thank you -
Simpy amazing!!! Just imagine at 6 months how great you 'll look and feel!
Thank you, looking forward to bikini weather!
You really look wonderful!!! So happy for you and your new found confidence ...it really is such an amazing feeling to so good about yourself :)
Thank you :) would do it all over again!
You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your journey.
thanks seachik - it's been so worth it! Every penny! and to think I almost didn't do the BA or lip - crazy - so glad I did the whole enchilada!
Wowzer!!! U r a hot mama now! You look amazing!!! Geeezzzzz
thanks girlfriend! Hope you're doing well :)
Look FanTabulous!! I totally get you about checking for the stomach hang, lol. I did/do that at the hot springs ;) I think eventually we'll get over that-years of insecurity gone! Congratulations!!
hey snow, long time no talk, hope you're doing well. LOL on the stomach hang... I had a dream last night and I was naked - but in my dream, I was confidently HOT. Usually my naked dreams, Im awkwardly trying to hide my belly. Lmao!
Wow what a huge change. I'm so happy for you!! That confidence feels great doesn't it?? :-)
thanks girl! I'm so glad I joined this site because it's nice to go back and see my journey and how far I've come :) cannot wait for bikini season!!!
You have the body of a 18 yr old! Wow what nice slim athletic look you have! Very seems to fit you, naturally. Congrats girl, work it!
thanks Ava, I'm feeling very sexy and fit :)
I loved the last part of your post. When I read comments like that I know I'm making the right decision and to keep moving ahead. I'm a little over 3 weeks away and am getting nervous.