Lipo Inner & Outer Thighs: 29 Years Old - Nashville, TN

I am 5'3", 125 pounds. I work out at...

I am 5'3", 125 pounds. I work out at least 4-5 times a day and I really do like my body except for my saddlebags/legs. They are muscular but they have always had these pockets of fat on them that stick out further than my hips. I do squats, leg lifts with weights, elliptical, running, spinning etc. I finally decided to research lipo and after going to a couple consultations, decided on doctor Griffin in Nashville, TN. His staff has been amazing so far.

My surgery is in two days (getting general anesthesia) and I am excited/nervous. This site has helped so much, I decided that I wanted to also write a review, and I will put up results/pics as often as I can. I am a Christian, and I struggled with "messing" with the body that God gave me, but I analyzed my motivations and intentions and I really just want to do this for myself for my confidence. I had nightmares all last night of the surgery, but after a lot of research, I really am ready and excited. Wish me luck! :)

Well I am back at work today (monday) and my...

Well I am back at work today (monday) and my surgery was just this past Friday. Overall the pain is bad, but really not horrible. The hardest part has been the swelling for me because I am 5 pounds heavier than when I went into surgery and my legs are so swollen still. My bruising seems to be getting a little worse everyday..but it is NOTHING compared to most of the bruises I have seen on here. I took pain medicine all weekend, and this morning I woke up and was really sick (threw up a lot) but I think it was because of the meds. I feel fine now. I have spanx on today (which my doctor said tight, long spanx would be fine to wear to work) and taking them up and down has been a nightmare (I still have stiches and extremely sore). Next trip to the bathroom, I am bringing scissors. I didn't fit into any of my cothes with the compression garment on, so I am going to put that back on tonight. This morning in the shower was the first time I could see a LITTLE difference, and got really excited. Because I have closed incisions, I heard the swelling will last a little longer, but I am okay with that as long as it eventually goes away :) I took a couple of pictures of the bruising to show everyone...but I apologize for the bad camera work :) I also will upload my before pictures. Once the swelling goes down in a week or two, I will upload my after pics.

Very happy one month later. Will post pictures now...

Very happy one month later. Will post pictures now and then again at 3 months
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

I will update this as soon as I see the results

You look incredible.
Sorry for the late results post! 7 months later! It definitely has been a journey and I feel like I continue to see new changes everyday. Overall-I think the surgery is definitely worth it. There were a few things I wasn't 100% prepared for, so I thought I would share. Now when I have a couple bad days of eating or not working out, I see the results on my stomach-which is fine, just something that is interesting. I used to always just gain weight right in my legs/butt/saddlebags. The other thing was that even after surgery, I could tell I was smaller, but my one leg was still bigger than the other. You can also see that there is a concaveness (word?) to my legs. I knew that they wouldn't be perfectly symmetrical-but this was just something I had to get used to and I am completely fine with it. The last thing was the saggy skin left behind. It is almost completely tightened up now 7 months later or at least a lot better. After 3 months from the surgery-I was completely unswollen but when I would sit on a chair in shorts or sit indian style, the skin that used to hold my saddlebags was completely flat on the chair bottom lol. Again-I am okay with that because at least its not cellulite anymore-its just skin-but at times I would look down and be like OMG! I need to stand up! My doctor was really good-but his staff is absolutely amazing-I loved them all. I absolutely love the way my butt and legs look now in leggings and workout pants. As far as weight goes, I didn't really lose any weight-maybe a pound or two-but nothing significant. I think after reading and talking more with people, if you are wanting to really get rid of fat in an area-you might as well do lipo. The other less invasive procedures seem to cost a lot (maybe not as much but close) with dramatically less effects since you are never really Removing fat cells just shrinking them. Please let me know if I can help anyone!
Your lipo was done on inner and outer thighs only or also on your abdomen and flanks? You look a lot leaner on your belly and flank in your after picture. When you were very swollen how did you put on your garment? Thank you for posting.
I just got it done on my inner and outer thighs. I really have been working out and watching what I eat even more so from before I had my surgery. All of my weight starting going straight to my stomach after surgery though, so I didn't want that either! lol! I think it really gave me a jump start and the motivation to live an even healthier life (which I thought I was doing great before-but definitely could have been better in hind-sight). Putting on the garment when I was swollen was by far the worst thing. I moved to spanx probably by the 4th day I think (approved by my doctor), but taking those on and off was horrible. I just would try to get through it as fast as possible-but I don't have any great tips :(
Thanks for the update!!! I'm always concerned about the loose skin. I ended up NOT getting my lipo when scheduled but finally made up my mind again and going through sx in two weeks!! I hope all is well, please come back and update!!
Have you gained anything back in your thighs? How did you get your skin to tighten up? Thanks
Good luck! Let me know how it goes!
No I never gained anything back in my thighs but I have also not gained weight from before my surgery. However I think that if I did gain weight it would go to my stomach and not my legs now. The loose skin definitely tightened up a lot, but i still notice a little bit of it. Mainly when I am sitting indian style on a chair or on the floor. The sides of my legs were just so deflated after the surgery due to the lack of fat there. It is much better now.
Hi!! I'm back from surgery. Like you, mine was two days, on a friday and I'm back to work on monday. I gained 10lbs overnight after sx!!! I haven't weighted myself anymore. I'm still bloated/swollen but definitely NOT like the day of or the next day after surgery. I feel semi normal now! and I'm loving my shape. Love the pics you posted, I can't wait for time to go by already!!! Lipo is great, you just have to maintain it. I never had a belly and that was one of my concerns too. I don't want a belly or fat arms!
Yah! So excited for you! Please keep me posted with pictures. Looking back now, I just remember thinking is this swelling ever going to go down? and it really does take multiple multiple weeks to go down. I feel like after 1 month it will have gone down almost all the way, but 3 months later it will be down even a little further. Glad you are doing well. Don't worry about the scale-just keep comparing before and after pictures. That is where you are going to see the most results.
Hi there read your review it was so inspiring. Just got my thighs and flanks done. Both inner and outer. Still swollen but am hoping to have results similar to yours. How long did it take for your leg swelling to go down? Also how many inches didn't oh loose? Were you able tongi down a size in pants? Do you have any idea how much fat was removed! Hope u are still looking better than ever! Keep me posted on your workouts too to maintain. Wondering if lifting waits and building muscle bulls up your legs anymore
Hello! I will measure my legs tonight-I haven't done that in so long. It has been about a year and half now I guess! Crazy! I felt like all the swelling was gone after about 6 weeks after-but I felt like I continued to slowly subtly shrink for 3 months. I got a personal trainer and have been doing crossfit to try and tighten up that skin more. It's not bad or noticeable when I stand up just when I sit indian style and I have shorts on. It feels different too-It doesn't feel like fat, it feels like skin. I think that will probably take a couple years to fully tighten up, but again, I don't hardly ever notice it. After the surgery, I really started cutting back on my diet too (tried to stay around 1200-1500 calories a day) and was able to lose a few additional pounds. I am still working on about 3-4 days a week doing a mix of crossfit and running. I LOVE the way my legs look in leggings, jeans and workout pants. Still not a fan of the way they look in a bathing suit just because that cellulite is still there a little, but I am fine with that. You can't see any of scars unless you really really searched for them but I don't even know they are there. How long ago did you get yours done? That is so exciting! How is your pain?
Thanks so much for the response! Had it done 8 days ago. The worst part now is the swelling and that durn compression garment. By the end of the day my legs are like big balloons. Can't wait for this to reside. Pain is otherwise manageable. Was hoping to one day look great in workout pants like you! My legs were 23 inches b4 hoping to get them down to 20 or so. Would be ecstatic! Just hoping that I soon realize these changes but seems like I got to hold on for a few weeks. You said you wore span. What type?also when were u able to resume workouts? Thanks again!
Thanks for posting this!! Did you take any arnica for the bruising?
Also, I can't believe you went to work so early! Gives me lots of hope.
You threw up because of the anesthesia more than the meds. It happens with General Anesthesia a lot.
how are you doing?
Hello, I saw your post and wanted to ask how your recovery was and if you're happy with the results. I'm similarly built, also work out a lot, and am considering lipo to the same areas. Thanks-
hi this bolg is good. It will provide a lot infomation about this. thanks for posting this
Hi! I was just curious how you are doing and if you have noticed any more results. i am built similiar to you and having liposuction on my inner/outer thighs on may 16. i am hoping your swelling has gone down and you are hapy :)
Thank you!

Hi lenz, I'm glad you got thorugh your procedure okay. It looks sore but will hopefully be worth it once all the swelling and bruising goes away. Rest as much as you can and follow doctors orders, I'm sure you'll get the results you're hoping for!

Well had my surgery this morning. I'm sure I still have some pain killers in my body but so far i am just super sore but seriously nothing unbearable. I took before pics last night so I will upload those once I take some after pics in a few days. Thanks for the support everyone
Congrats on your decision. You are going to be so happy you did it. Check out my profile. Im a long distance runner and no amount of running would make those saddlebags go away. We are also about the same size. Go check out my pics....I need to add 4mth post op pics. But I am very happy with my results. I am also thinking of going in this fall and doing my inner thighs.
Dont worry about the pain...its not to bad. The oozing is weird and milking them the first 24 hours isnt fun but its only a short amount of time. After that you will be sore and tired. I suggest taking a few days off work for sure.
Good Luck...cant wait to see your pictures :)
Hi there! U have a pretty solar situation and had my inner and outer done as well as hips. How long did it take for you to appreciate the true results? I don't see much a difference yet but it is way early. Just curious. Thanks

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Good luck with your surgery, please keep us updated on your progress!