32 Year Old, Mother of 2, 34AA to 34C.....Couldn't be happier!- Nashville, TN

All my life I've barely been an A cup. After...

All my life I've barely been an A cup. After nursing 2 babies, I was left with a AA and nothing pretty. I want to feel feminine and sexy to my husband. I want to be confident in my workout wear. I'm so thankful I came across Dr. Burgdorf and staff! The communication and support have been amazing. I am confident that I will get a set of boobs that fit my body and meet what we discussed in the consultation.

11 days from surgery!

I just got an email that let me know I'm 11 days out from surgery! That seems so far away at this point! I'm excitedly getting all my "ducks in a row" to prepare for the big day. Buying sports bras yesterday was surreal when looking for bigger sizes! I just can't wait to see how I will actually fill that thing up! Right now, I look like a teenage boy when I wear a sports bra.

Anyone have any suggestions of things they did before surgery that really helped make things easier after? I'm leaving to go out of town next week and actually won't be back until the day before surgery. I've got to get everything figured out here soon!

3 days post op

Wow! They are really there! I can't wait to see what "the girls" will really look like in the next couple of weeks. The first couple of days were really tough with soreness. Everything felt so tight and I didn't have much range of motion. The best thing we bought was one of the camelback backpack drink inserts. I could just lay the pouch on the bed and drink out of the straw. It was perfect! I hated asking someone to get me a drink so frequently. This allowed me to have access to drink a lot!

The surgery process also went really great as well. Dr. Burgdorf came in to see me that morning and discuss any more questions about the surgery and mark my chest up in preparation. He followed up with my husband after surgery and even stopped in again to see me. My son and husband have had surgeries where we didn't see the surgeon before OR after. So to see Dr. Burgdorf both times was great. He was wonderful to put any fears or anxieties at bay.

4 Days Post Op

Today I am starting to feel more like myself. I'm off all pain meds as well as the muscle relaxers. From what I read, I'm guessing I might still need those in the next few weeks though. I got to take bandages off this morning and am super surprised and happy to see only 1 small bruise. The tightness and soreness are getting better each day, but I'm guessing that will take a while to fully go away. I'll be able to extend and reach up or over to get things again!

Again, can't say enough about Dr. Burgdorf and his staff. He personally called to check on me a day or so after surgery when he was on vacation. His staff has been great to answer questions even about small things. There were a lot of hard decisions to make about this process, but choosing Dr. Michael Burgdorf has definitely been a great one. For other local people, I would highly suggest the surgery center at Williamson County medical Center. They were great during all steps of the process. The post op staff was incredible. Our particular nurse, Tiffany, was one step ahead all the time. She took initiative and did everything she could to help make things better. In all the surgeries I have had or been to with my husband and son, she was far above any recovery nurse I've ever experienced. We are so thankful to have come across the path of so many caring people in this process!

1 week post op....Loving Results already

I can't believe I'm already one week out. I know that my breasts are high and will drop soon, but it's just so exciting that I have something there now! I find myself randomly just touching them confirming they are still there...ha!

Thinking back on surgery and the recovery period, the pain wasn't near as bad as I was expecting. It was really so much more of a tightness of my muscles being mad something is in their way. Any pain is really gone now, and I'm left with a full or engorged feeling. I'll be excited for things to drop and that feeling to begin to subside. I'm anxious to see how they continue to change and soften.

I had my 1 week follow up yesterday and the office staff and Dr. Burgdorf were just as compassionate and concerned as before. There's always that thought with doctors if they are more concerned with the initial getting you hooked for surgery and then you are quick to pass through the office. That's definitely not the case here. The girls in the office are so nice to already know my name and really be interested in how the recovery is going, how I'm feeling, any concerns, etc, etc. I love how efficient the office is too. I waited only a few minutes before going back to a room. I literally had just changed my top before the doctor was ready to come in. He talked about surgery again a bit with me as the last time I spoke with him I was still pretty loopy from the drugs. He was very thorough asking how things were going, following up with some of my concerns with medications/anesthesia side effects, and even how my kids were adjusting to the change. He takes his time and really gets to know his patient.

After getting a couple of nagging sutures removed, I got the go ahead to start some exercises to get the girls moving. Everything is looking great and I go back again in 3 weeks. After that it's 3 months. I like the fact that he wants to follow up regularly after the surgery. A couple of friends who have had BA years in the past mentioned they only went in for 2 follow up appointments. I love the fact that they are truly there by your side while things settle and change.

First Shopping Trip Since BA

Wow! Who knew it could be so fun to try on dresses. Being petite, sometimes it is hard to find dresses that are the right length and right fit. Add in no chest, and things get really ugly. Today I was out picking up a few back to school items with my kids. When I passed the dresses, I thought....why not! Grabbing a few styles that before surgery I would have never touched, I was beyond thrilled with how they looked in the dressing room! I can actually wear something v-necked or a bit lower cut now. Not that I'm letting everything hang out, but seeing a smooth line as opposed to my chest bones is so much more feminine!

Now one of my concerns before surgery (and let's face it, my husband's too!) was that my clothes wouldn't fit anymore. Not the case at all. Everything just looks so MUCH better on! I've only come across one thing so far that I had to pitch out. Honestly though, it was a shirt I always felt was a tad bit too short anyways. Having a chest now definitely made it too short. So the expense of a new wardrobe is definitely not an issue. Now it just becomes more fun to actually shop!

I know this might sound silly, but as I walked past mirrors in the stores, I noticed something over and over. Not only is the profile so much fuller, but I think I'm standing a little taller. Feeling more feminine definitely gave me that confidence booster I wish I had done years earlier! So thankful!

a few pictures

I'm not great with pictures...period. But, here are a couple from the first week.

Nagging stitches

So far everything has gone really well. All the sudden though, the sutures along my incision are giving me so much pain. So much that they even kept me awake at night or would wake me with throbbing pain. I just went back for a pop in appointment yesterday with my PS to make sure everything looked okay and there was nothing that could help. Dr. B said I'm just fortunate enough to be a slow metabolizer of the stitches. Anyone else gone through something like this before? How long did they drive you nuts?
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

From the initial consultation, I felt completely comfortable and at ease with Dr. Burgdorf. I researched about 6 other PS in the Nashville area looking at price, pictures, credentials, etc. Before scheduling my consultation, I had narrowed it down to Dr. Burgdorf and one other office. It all came down to reviews talking of his great bedside manner, conservative perspective, and ability to put patients at ease. It also sealed everything for me when the patient coordinator Tyrella followed up with amazing emails answering my questions...even over the weekend! I didn't feel like a bother and I felt like all my concerns were taken seriously. I also didn't feel a bit rushed. I have been to a consultation in the past and everything was rush, rush, rush. Dr. Burgdorf and staff were not that way at all. Dr. Burgdorf was fully involved in the process of sizing and wanted to see my reaction to different "sets." I chose to go with 350ccs. He was honest with his opinion and really helped calm any of my uncertainties. The process, risks, outcomes, etc were explained in detail by both Dr. Burgdorf and Tyrella. They were great to discuss the differences between implants and really help me come to a comfortable decision with gel implants...which I had believed I would go with saline prior to my appointment. After being a bit nervous starting my appointment, I am so excited to have this done! Even my husband was beyond impressed with the attitude of the office and staff. Now after having had my surgery, I am even more thrilled with Dr. Burgdorf! On the day of surgery, Dr. Burgdorf came in pre-op to talk about the procedure, answer any last questions, and add markings to my chest area. His calm and laid back demeanor is very contagious. The last minute nerves my husband and I were experiencing were really put at bay right before surgery. We had discussed going 300cc to 350cc. I really wanted to stay within a C cup range. After surgery, Dr. Burgdorf met with my husband to follow up about how things went and let him know he did go with the 300cc implant. The 350 would have put me in a D range. On my 5'3 petite figure, I was hoping to stay more natural looking. I was also thrilled with the Williamson County Medical Center that Dr. Burgdorf performs part of his surgeries. The staff in preop and postop were amazing! I have never had a recovery nurse be so attentive, caring and on top of things. I was so thankful he chose such a wonderful facility to operate in. While waking, he even stopped in to check on me before we headed out. During the recovery period, I received a phone call from the doctor checking to see how things were progressing. I can honestly say that in all the surgeries I myself, my husband or my 2 children have had, we have never received a personal phone call from the surgeon to see how we are doing. The extra things like this really set him apart from others. I had a couple of questions throughout the recovery days and they were very quickly answered via Tyrella, his patient care coordinator. If she didn't know right off hand, she was very timely in contacting Dr. Burgdorf for the information. As things are starting to settle in, I'm so excited with my new assets. I can't thank Dr. Burgdorf and his staff enough!

So glad you are recovering well :)
But a triangular wedge pillow!! It's perfect for sleeping elevated and helps you get in and our of bed when you can't use your arms. I had my second BA 5 weeks ago and I'm still using mine to prevent morning boob and backaches. I love it!! Especially for all those delicious naps the first few days ---- so cozy. Congrats!!!
Also, you cannot bend over for many weeks, so pick up things you may need from the floor and put them on counters now. Same for things that are too high up -- no reaching for a while. Buy a large refillable water bottle and drink a ton of water right after surgery to help flush the anesthesia.
Wanted to wish you well as your date is just around the corner! Thought you might find this helpful:

BREAST AUGMENTATION: 13 THINGS TO DO (OR BUY) BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE

As well as our BA Video Section

Keep us posted!
Eva...the list of 13 things was great. One thing that was a complete life saver for me was a backpack water bottle insert. You know, the things that bicyclists will use on long rides? My husband had one of those and that was brilliant. Reaching for a cup or even holding it was really tough those first couple of days. Having that pouch with the ultra long straw was a life saver! I was able to get all those fluids in!
Nice!! Glad it helped.