23 Year-old Girl, 1.5 Dermaroller for Deep Acne Scars

I have deep acne scars on my cheeks and forehead....

I have deep acne scars on my cheeks and forehead. I've been using at-home chemical peels for years with very minimal results. As a grad student, I obviously can't afford expensive professional treatments so I bought this dermaroller on Amazon. I did my first treatment four weeks ago and its hard to tell since I didn't take any before pictures, but I think my more shallow forehead scars. I did not do a very good job on the treatment because it hurt more than I expected. I did bleed quite a bit which was hard because I get a little faint at the sight of blood :(. I'm doing another treatment today and I plan on doing a more thorough job since I know what to expect now. I'm posting pictures from today and I'll post more in a few weeks. Sorry i only have a crappy phone camera.

How are things going? Have you microneedled a 2nd time?
Yes! I'll put pictures soon!
I have post inflammatory hypo pigmentation all over my face and have just finished a course of EDS dermastamp but it has not done anything. Trying to look into alternatives and thinking of trying derma roller or stamp myself at home as it seems you have to have way more than 3 treatments done. Any advice on what to use would be appreciated
I use Retin A and Vitamin C after my treatments which I think helps. Post creams are the key and patience which is hard
Hey Im knew at this dermarolling for scars and wonders if it really works. Most post about the treatments are over a year ago. This is the first recent post Ive seen
It seems to have worked so far! Of course it might just be swelling. I look like I've healed so maybe not. I read that longer needles might be needed for deep scars so I'm going to buy a 2.5 mm dermastamp for next time. I will post new pictures on Sunday, which will be one week after treatment.
I bought my products from own **removed website address**. Where did you purchase your roller!
It does work, especially in tandem with maybe Atralin or Retin-A gels prescribed by pharmacist. Only in a small size like 0.5 however. The concept is very logical:" Inflict many small puncture wounds to have your own natural immune system to create more skin". Be careful of after products however. In areas some people stretch their facial skin to get a thorough roll. Possibly the only side effect could be, and this is if you have maybe a skin condition (improper wound healing, excessive hyperpigmentation) is uncolored blotches of skin, and/or the appearance of needle holes.
Dermatologist from a pharmacy*
Thank you! My more shallow scars do look a little better I think and I'm pretty sure there's no more swelling left at this point. I think I'm going to need a longer needle for my deep scars though. I'm already using Retin-A.
That's good. Id be careful though. sometimes rough rolling can lead to those tiny lines on the forehead. Some people do chemical peels every other month along with dermarolling but i'd ask a derma about that. Always moisterize, i use CeraVe Products, with hyaluronic acid in it. Final thing is to remember all things change, Thoughts will eventually manifest itself into the physical world.
I am so glad to hear you are seeing results. How long did the swelling last? I used my dermaroller last night and then this am when I applied my Vitamin C serum my face tingles. Once it drys I'll apply my moisturizer. I do get concerned about the sun on my face. I have a SPF of 55 for my face but it is so heavy and makes my skin look so white. BTW I use my Retinol at night. Keep up the good work ScarWorrior.
Yes, it works. Best thing I've used and so much cheaper than laser treatments. I started with a 0.5 mm, using it once a week for three weeks, then purchased a 1.0 mm and have used it once, all without numbing cream. I'm already seeing good results and plan to go to the 1.5 mm to reach the dermis levels on the thicker part of my skin, the jowls and neck area. I'm really excited about continued improvement.
How long have you been using your dermaroller MrBreeze?
DermWarrior, Since May 19, 2014. Once a week, I heal really fast. I'm drinking green tea and keeping myself well hydrated. After my session, I'll rinse, then pat dry and apply cocoa skin therapy oil. Looking forward to continued improvement, especially after seeing good results after the first few sessions.
Try copper peptides. It works great along with Vit C and Tretinoin which helps with collagen production
Thanks for sharing. I took one before picture but will wait until I have done the treatment 10 times b before I do another photo. Unfortunately, my phone will not connect to my computer. Dermaroller user
How many treatments have you done? I have never seen pictures of people that have done more than like 3. I'm really excited to see what my results are after a few times.