23 Year-old Girl, 1.5 Dermaroller for Deep Acne Scars

I have deep acne scars on my cheeks and forehead....

I have deep acne scars on my cheeks and forehead. I've been using at-home chemical peels for years with very minimal results. As a grad student, I obviously can't afford expensive professional treatments so I bought this dermaroller on Amazon. I did my first treatment four weeks ago and its hard to tell since I didn't take any before pictures, but I think my more shallow forehead scars. I did not do a very good job on the treatment because it hurt more than I expected. I did bleed quite a bit which was hard because I get a little faint at the sight of blood :(. I'm doing another treatment today and I plan on doing a more thorough job since I know what to expect now. I'm posting pictures from today and I'll post more in a few weeks. Sorry i only have a crappy phone camera.

After second treatment

I meant to update sooner but I've been too busy. I did my second treatment four weeks ago. Its a little hard to tell, but I think there is some improvements. I wish I had a better camera. Today, I'm doing a second treatment this time with a 2.5 mm dermastamp. I realize that some of my scars are probably too deep for the 1.5 mm. I'm so excited to see some results!

One week after third treatment

I think its working! 2.5 needles seemed to really make a difference

2 weeks after third treatment

As you can see the very deep scar on my left cheek is practically gone! Other scars look better but its hard to show with my crappy camera. I'm so excited. I recommend using the 2.5 mm needles if you have deep rolling scars like me. I'm very glad I never invested in $5000 fraxel treatments! I'm going to wait another 3 weeks for my next treatment.

1 week after 4th treatment

1 week after 4th treatment. I deliberately took the picture with downward lighting so as to highlight the

Is the deep scar you spoke of on your left cheek still gone? Btw your skin is definitely improving!
Yes, I would say I have about a 30% improvement
Where did you find the 2.5 needle length?
On amazon
Can you see a difference in your scars? It's hard to tell with pictures. Thanks for updating
How are you progressing? I would love for your to post a video of the process of at home Derma Rolling.
please google Dr. Vaughter's rollers (can't list web site address here) for extremely comprehensive info about rollers/pens, protocols to follow, how to prep skin, how to clean tools and what product to use after. It is the best education site I've found and products are very reasonable. Feel free to reply back if you have any questions but I promise the site will cover it better than I can! I've had fantastic results on scars with narrow rollers (to roll just the scar and protect skin around scar) and other rollers and individual rollers for face and body. You'll see also why they aren't fans of dermapens/stamps unless it's a defined poc mark or scar, but prefer individual needles for areas like the "11s" of the brows small marks. Hope this helps! Thanks for all your wonderful sharing here!
how many times a week should I use the roller?
It depends on the needle length. I read that you should use 1.5 more than once every 4 weeks.
Hello I have plan to use derma roller for the treatment of my acne scars. Where can I buy the best derma roller
You can find alot in Amazon.
Looks great
Is it alright to use Tretinoin solution .05% after treatments? Badly need advice..
I do! I don't think it should causse a problem. Most people say it helps.
Should i wait 20minutes after rolling to apply it or I can simultaneously apply it while rolling?
I would definitley wait till after because you'll probably be bleeding which will wash it off. I wash the blood off and then apply it.
Great help. Thank you once again.
Is it alright to use Tretinoin solution .05% after each dermaroller session?
How are things going? Have you microneedled a 2nd time?
Yes! I'll put pictures soon!
I have post inflammatory hypo pigmentation all over my face and have just finished a course of EDS dermastamp but it has not done anything. Trying to look into alternatives and thinking of trying derma roller or stamp myself at home as it seems you have to have way more than 3 treatments done. Any advice on what to use would be appreciated
I use Retin A and Vitamin C after my treatments which I think helps. Post creams are the key and patience which is hard
Hey Im knew at this dermarolling for scars and wonders if it really works. Most post about the treatments are over a year ago. This is the first recent post Ive seen
It seems to have worked so far! Of course it might just be swelling. I look like I've healed so maybe not. I read that longer needles might be needed for deep scars so I'm going to buy a 2.5 mm dermastamp for next time. I will post new pictures on Sunday, which will be one week after treatment.