23 Year-old Girl, 1.5 Dermaroller for Deep Acne Scars

I have deep acne scars on my cheeks and forehead....

I have deep acne scars on my cheeks and forehead. I've been using at-home chemical peels for years with very minimal results. As a grad student, I obviously can't afford expensive professional treatments so I bought this dermaroller on Amazon. I did my first treatment four weeks ago and its hard to tell since I didn't take any before pictures, but I think my more shallow forehead scars. I did not do a very good job on the treatment because it hurt more than I expected. I did bleed quite a bit which was hard because I get a little faint at the sight of blood :(. I'm doing another treatment today and I plan on doing a more thorough job since I know what to expect now. I'm posting pictures from today and I'll post more in a few weeks. Sorry i only have a crappy phone camera.

After second treatment

I meant to update sooner but I've been too busy. I did my second treatment four weeks ago. Its a little hard to tell, but I think there is some improvements. I wish I had a better camera. Today, I'm doing a second treatment this time with a 2.5 mm dermastamp. I realize that some of my scars are probably too deep for the 1.5 mm. I'm so excited to see some results!

One week after third treatment

I think its working! 2.5 needles seemed to really make a difference

2 weeks after third treatment

As you can see the very deep scar on my left cheek is practically gone! Other scars look better but its hard to show with my crappy camera. I'm so excited. I recommend using the 2.5 mm needles if you have deep rolling scars like me. I'm very glad I never invested in $5000 fraxel treatments! I'm going to wait another 3 weeks for my next treatment.

1 week after 4th treatment

1 week after 4th treatment. I deliberately took the picture with downward lighting so as to highlight the

6 weeks after 5th treatment

I've noticed decent results since my last treatment. It seems like waiting 6 weeks rather than 4 improved my results. I've also been using topical vitamin c. This seems to improve my skin texture even if it hasn't improved my scarring. Today, I'll use my 2.5 dermastamp again! I'll post pics in a few weeks. These pics look different because they're not in natural light whereas the others were.