I have added photos from before and 14 days after...

I have added photos from before and 14 days after smartlipo. The after pictures are, also, after having 1 treatment of velashape which cost $425.00 for 4 treatments. Is it normal to be still swollen and have a crease above the belly button? The compression garment was worn for 11 days at which time the Dr. told me I could go to spanx. I wear spanx 24/7 now. Please leave comments to let me know if you've had similar experiences and that the creases will go away. Thanks.

Smartlipo of mid upper and lower abs - 19 days post

I woke up this morning still with the crease above belly button and more swollen. I took pictures and sent them to my doctor - he seems to think I need lymphatic massage - built up fluid which is causing the bulge. I explained that their technician is on vacation and I cannot get in for the velashape procedure and asked if it was going to hurt my results - I have an appointment a week from tomorrow. They said if it did that they would make it right, but thought that it was no big deal to wait. Have any of you every experienced this problem? It is not a bulging belly button - it is above the belly button. I have lost 7 pounds since the procedure and powerwalk at least 5 days per week - 3 miles in 50 minutes. Please tell me what you think.

54 year old with menopot

I am posting pictures of 3 weeks post-op and almost a month (27 days) post-op. The shelf is still very apparent and I could just cry. It is very hard and I am hoping the velashape will do away with it. I will, also, see the doctor today for his opinion and I will definitely voice mine. I've seen a couple of pictures with this shelf like appearance and the outcomes were not very good. I pray to God that that is not the case for me. Another PS posted about my question regarding the crease and she said perhaps the garment is making it - not so, I wear spanx with no stitching in that area.

54 year old with menopot - 28 days post-op

Today's pictures are after velashape done on day 27 - the area is very red and swollen, but the area I was concerned about (the shelf) has softened and he has cleared me for golf again as long as I wear the spanx - will try hitting a few balls today to see how it feels. I do look quite large in that spanx, but I really am not - doctor impressed that I have lost 5 pounds and kept it off - I got a happy face!!! I guess he removed about 1200-1400 cc's from stomach area. Tell me what you think.

54 year old menopot - 33 days post-op

I am down to 140 today - 5 pounds from my goal weight. I am 5'6" with big bones - before procedure I weighed 148. I work hard at my weight loss - powerwalking, golfing and eating 1 meal per day with snacks of watermelon, pineapple, peaches and dark cherries. I drink lots of water during the day, but partake in a couple of glasses of wine in the evening to relax me. I am leaving for Italy in 11 days and want to look awesome!!! We will be going on a lot of walking tours there, but I do plan on eating tons of pasta, bruschetta and drinking their wonderful wines - I will not over do it. I do see light at the end of the tunnel today - the shelf has gone down somewhat, so maybe the PS is right - residual swelling. Tell me if you see a difference.

54 year old menopot 35 days post-op

Woke up yesterday and looked great - just had to wreck it with my core challenging golf game. I was so swollen yesterday and tender afterwards, but the sunshine and golf game were calling my name. As you can see by the pictures, I am quite swollen again. I did log in 6.5 miles for yesterday so what the heck. I just hope that I look fab when we leave for Italy on the 6th. I'm sure with all the pasta, wine and bread in Italy that I will have to be careful although we have many walking tours while there.

54 year old menopot 6 weeks post-op

As you can see by the photos, I am still quite swollen. The shelf like appearance above the belly button seems to be lessening. I went shopping yesterday and bought clothes in a smaller size which made my day - clothes look great on, but I still can't wear what I want on top. I was hoping by the time we left for vacation, that I would look as good as some people in week 6. Apparently my body decided to do it's own thing. I am exercising on a daily basis and maintaining the 140 weight - I guess this old body has a set point, too!!! I guess 135 is unattainable when you reach this age.

54 year old menopot

I didn't get all 3 posted - here they are.

54 year old menopot

Today is 8 weeks postop and I really can't see that much change from the 6 week pictures (I identified the ones above as 8 weeks, but they were only 6 weeks. I wore spanx last night because of the swelling caused from the powerwalking and I did wear them the whole time in Italy. I am down 1 more pound - 139 for 5'6" big boned frame and I'm happy about that. Let me know what you think. I only hope and pray every day that it completely goes flat without that shelf!!!

Some pics of Italy.

54 year old Mesopotamia

More pics!

54 year old menopot

More pics - will post rest tomorrow

54 year old menopot

The rest of our photos - C couldn't possibly post all - picked some of the best!!! Down to 138 today - 3 more pounds to get to my goal weight!!! Will update pictures of stomach next Wednesday at the 9 week point. Has anyone every still been sore just around the midsection where belly button is at this point after surgery? The shelf still comes and goes!!!

54 yearold menopot

Forgot about Padua, Verona and the Island of Burano.
Dr. Stephen White

Agree with Bella -- and TwoPlusOne -- stunning. Maybe we should have a RS meet and greet and lpierce4759 can be our guide and event organizer...LoL. It must be an exotic location with tons of great food and plenty of walking (so we can work off the indulgence)
NASA_Eng - that sounds like a plan!!! The beauty of those places is very hard to capture in photo - they bring tears to your eyes!!!
You're KILLING me softly. :) Gondola looks so romantic. I have to get here asap.
BellaBesos - glad you enjoyed!!! I should put the video of that (8 minutes) on here.
YEAH please :0)
Thank you so much for all of these delightful pictures!  My heart was literally fluttering with excitement looking at them.  The memories of places I've been (and got nearly no pictures from) and the anticipation of perhaps going to some of the other places I've never been (never went to Veneto at all!)  So so wonderful!  You look so happy in your pictures as well.  I hope you had the best time ever!!

And congrats for nearly making your goal weight, too :D.  I can't say anything about the pain around the BB because I've been numb since my TT so I wouldn't feel it anyway. :-/
TwoPlusOne - If I can bring joy to one person a day, that is my goal!!! I'm not numb around the belly button, but touchy and sore and still a little bruised in about a 5" diameter through the midsection.
Ahhhhahahahah!  Backside the best side!  Love it!
Thanks for the pics lovely. I can't wait to get to ITALY!!! You gave me a little taste,short&sweet. I hope you have a Great Weekend.
You are so welcome Bella Besos. Have a great weekend, also!!!
:) Thanks a million.
What beautiful pictures and a stunning country. Loved the pic of you and the hubby. You look SO happy. Good for you! I hope you keep those memories close. I have been blessed to have traveled to Turkey several times (Istanbul & Cessme), Amsterdam, Copenhagen, and Brussels. Each trip a dream. Thank you for sharing
Nasa_Eng - I still have Padua, Venice and the Island of Burano to post. So many good pictures - can't possibly post them all!!! Will do these other cities tomorrow - don't want to overload my poor brain or the computer!!!
I can see a difference in your most recent post also. I do see the shelf above your BB but I am with TwoPlusOne, I think you will see reduction over time. You do have the flattest little tummy. Above all else, it sounds as if you are doing things to get healthy so Yah for you! Welcome home and pics from Italy are a must. We want to see how the other half lives.....lol..
NASA_Eng - thank you so much for your comments!!! I think I am my biggest critic - I had a totally flat stomach until about 2 years ago when menopause set in, so I want it back!!! The Italy trip was my bucket list before I die - you just never know!!! I try to be healthy and eat right - I do have some demons, however, I smoke an occasional cigarette that just makes my husband irate. I will share pictures tomorrow.
It definitely looks better than the previous pics.  And you can see your upper abs.  The thing is, it's so obviously swollen right above your belly button.  Mine looks exactly like that right there.  Does your BB fill in while you're wearing your garment?  Mine is completely shut when I take mine off--so weird.  Also, wondering how it feels--like soft or hard--because looking at the rest of you in the pic, I see no fat.  This just has to go away.

I look forward to seeing pics from Italy, I hope!!!
TwoPlusOne - My belly button never changes. I do not wear the compression garment anymore - just spanx. Most the time when I wake up there is no shelf above the belly button, but in the evening it develops and it is rather hard. I massage the holy dickens out of it on a daily basis and pray that it never returns. Sometimes I wonder if he took out to much fat above that area and that is why it looks like this - I guess only time will tell. The only numbness that I have is this shelf area and a 5" radius around the belly button - very weird. I am down 9 pounds since surgery and need only 4 more to be at my goal weight 135.
Maybe the massage affects the swelling?  I think Afnav was saying something about that.  She's started doing some hardcore massage and her swelling has increased.  But I think some of us just swell longer than others.  When you say there's no shelf above the BB when you wake up, is that the same shelf we've been talking about or just the localized shelf right above the BB?
My BB never changes. When I wake up in the AM there is no shelf, most of the time, but by the evening it reappears - ugh!!! I massage the dickens out of it with the palmers essential oil with vitamin E and cocoa butter and put on the spanx. I am down 9 pounds since surgery and hope that by losing weight it will help with this problem. I am wearing shorts that I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years - so happy. I just want to wake up one day and have no more swelling or shelf and be completely flat. The shelf, when it appears, is hard. I will share my Italy picture tomorrow -promise!!
TwoPlusOne - that shelf has been there since my surgery and I think it was caused by the compression garment which I discontinued wearing at day 7 per PS and went to spanx instead. They did velashape on day 10 and she really worked that area over big time and hurt me. One of the PS's on this site told me to discontinue the velashape until I've healed - I think that is why it is taking so long for that area to heal and why I swell like I do. I'm supposed to have my 4th velashape the first of October, but I think I'm going to reschedule for the end of October and give my stomach more time to heal. I used to wear size 12 before the surgery just because of that huge stomach and now I'm in size 8 or 10 depending on manufacturer - thrilled!!!
I'm really happy to hear that you're happy!  If the shelf isn't there when you wake up, then I definitely have hope.  For me, I tend to be flat until I eat, and then no more.  Now I'm swollen because of the lipo, but when I'm not, I mean.  I should post morning/evening pics sometime.  It's actually pretty awful.
I'd like to see the difference. I only eat 1 whole meal once a day - a granola bar with milk for breakfast. I don't swell up at all after eating - it's just the end of the day. I pray daily and believe in the power of prayer. After spending all that money, I certainly hope I get the results I paid for!!!
I pray every day for good results after all the money I spent. The shelf is not there all the time - only part-time. I would like to see you pictures of before and after you eat. I don't have that problem - only swollen with that ugly shelf at night and not every night???? Very weird!!!
I think the shelf is going down. How's Italy? Are you back?
We got back late Sunday evening. We walked, walked and walked some more. I had only gained 1 pound - I am now down 2 pounds and only 4 pounds from my ideal weight of 135. It was a beautiful place, but very expensive - you pay .50 to 1 euro just to use the toilet - 4 euros for water, etc. Gorgeous - only got rained on one day and it was miserable doing a walking tour and then sitting on the bus for a 6 hour ride with soaking feet and clothes to our next city. Now back to my daily walking and eating right!!! The middle of my stomach is still healing at it's own pace - the rest of it looks great!!!