My Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer Looks Soft and Natural

I didn't want implants - I found a Dr. who did...

I didn't want implants - I found a Dr. who did a fat transfer via lipo from my abs, flanks and outer thighs and transferred it to my breasts. I went from an A/B to a D. Full, natural, beautiful! I'm so glad I did it - my breasts have always been very small and limp. It's the best.

I'm a little over 3 years out now, and still a...

I'm a little over 3 years out now, and still a size D. I really like that I can wear a t-shirt sans bra and look good. Not as good as implants, but quite ok. For the question about the mammogram, my Dr. told me to have one before (no more than 6 months prior) and then at 4 months afterwards, which helps ensure future mammograms are read correctly. Another thing is to ask your doctor if they use prp - plasma from your own blood. It helps with the healing and also helps minimize lumps afterwards.

The brava was helpful and my doctor said a key reason it lasted so long. Also, she used fat from my outer thighs (which still look great at 3 yrs+). This was the hardest place for me to lose weight and now it seems to have the same effect in its new home : )

Hope this helps!
Dr. Barbara D. Marino

The doctor I chose was so careful and meticulous. She sculpted my body and then did my breasts. Great surgery suite in her office - staff was very nice and professional.

hello, Can anyone tell me how much they paid for just a fat transfer to the breasts? thank you!
I paid $5,600 for fat transfer only. I had implants removed 1 year before my fat transfer. From experience I would say go for the fat transfer and stay away from implants. That's just my experience with having 2 sets of implants and capsular contraction each time.
Thank you so much! How much of a cup size difference did you get from the fat transfer? Have you kept all the volume and where did you have it done? I am really nervous about spending the money and having none of the fat 'take'.
Hi, can anyone who has had just the fat transfer to the breasts tell me how much they were charged? I'm weighing options between this and silicone. Thank you!
I am schedule to have fat graft breast augmentation next week but would like to know if anyone has really regretted doing this procedure? I have never wanted very large breasts, just a little fuller. I am also nervous of the trauma on the body.
Anyone know of a female board certified surgeon who has had a good experience with the fat transfer surgery and happy with the results/shape? I'm in California btw.
My surgery is scheduled for May 1st. Any advice is appreciated! I have my spanx, dark colored garments, and bed linings packed! I am most anxious about the liposuction and the recovery time. I am planning on taking a week off from work. Thanks
How did your surgery go? Was it to your expectations? I am seriously considering doing this procedure. Your insight on your experience would be really appreciated. :) I'm also concerned about the liposuction, I"m 5'8" and weigh 120 lbs & don't have a ridiculous amount of fat to spare but I don't think itll be impossible. I don't want to be sacrificing my body with scars, or lumpiness for fuller breasts either.
I was 120 and 5'6". Ate up to 135 pound and the PS said not enough fat. I don't even like the scars from removal. Very ugly. I would not want little scars on my thighs and belly or the chance of lumpy breasts. I'm pretty thrilled being natural again.
So you're saying you didn't have the procedure done? What were the scars you had? And I'm glad that you're happy with your natural self. :)
I see that you had implants removed, Sorry i did read through these posts but not easy to keep track. So I know you were looking to do the fat transfer, but sounds like you didn't? Well, if you're happy with the way you look and realize you don't need it, best way to go!
I'd like to update my experience by saying the 'stem cell' procedure gave me no results. My breasts are now the same size they were before this procedure. The Brava method in my opinion is the only way to go.
I'd like to update my experience by saying that my 'stem cell' procedure resulted in no increase in size at all. My breasts are now the exact same size they were before this procedure last year. The Brava method (in my experience) is the only way to go.
Who was your surgeon? I feel your pain on this one. I too, had a fat transfer by a doctor who claimed to have done more of these procedures than anyone in the US. I'm now looking for someone who isn't full of hot air to try again.
Hey Gotham Girl, how has the brava worked for you? I've done a lot of reading and mostly hear that it doesn't offer much increase in volume. I'd still like to give it a try since it is the most non-invasive process for enhancement. Thank You!
please, do not see doctor marino. She is an obgyn posing as a plastic surgeon. she completely ruined my breasts which are smaller than ever, lumpy and deformed. My mammograms will forever be abnormal. I did research on her and she was not only sanctioned in 2006, but disciplined again in 2012 by the texas medical board. Do your research ladies!
There seems to be a slew of OBGYNs doing plastic surgeries. I had a fat transfer by an OBGYN, Dr Accetta in Huntington Beach, California. He did a terrible job. None of the fat stayed, and now I have lumps in my breasts, as well as scars from the lipo one year out. I made the mistake of believing his marketing hype. He was very convincing. Thanks for the warning. I think it's important for us to stick together and warn people about the Dr's out there who are unscrupulous.
Hey guys,
just wanted to give you all an update since I am 8 months out now. I had the surgery to fix asymmetry in nyc with Dr Sydney Coleman of Tribeca Plastic Surgery. I have to say it was worth every penny and worth the recovery. This surgery takes some bit of artistry as you can imagine - i have retained 80 percent of the fat in my opinion as now i am completely symmetrical and they look so natural. He also shaped them correctly so that i can get better cleavage and look less bony in the middle. My biggest concern was the lipo because i am very thin and i have seen horrible lipo that leaves women looking worse than when they went in. BUT, Dr Coleman really was amazing - he took just enough from just the right places and i dont have any visible scarring or any dimpling. He also made my figure look less boyish and more shapely and even accentuated my back dimples. In case you can't tell I highly recommend him...although he is on the pricey side, but its worth it in my opinion. He deals with very very tough cases- including tubular breasts and asymmetry which is why I went to him. I also used the Brava system before and after which i think makes a WORLD of difference. Good luck everyone! I wish you the best results!
On a side note- When I originally did a search of this plastic surgeon I found a woman that was ranting all kinds of horrible things about him. Turns out its a crazy woman who stalks him...weird. But it made me uneasy and I talked to the surgeon and his office about it. He is more than happy to explain what he knows and I did a background check of him and he turned up totally clean, no marks against him! Also, if you go in for a consultation he has great before and after photos. The office also set me up with phone calls from previous clients to chat with me about their experience. Best of luck ladies!
I'm so glad you had a great experience. I've heard great things about Dr. Coleman.
I'm seriously considering going to Dr. Coleman. Would love to know if you have retained the size you initially were happy with obtaining? How much was Dr. Coleman - including the Brava System? Please let me know, hinging on your recommendation.
Do you mind sharing the price of Dr. Coleman's work as well as your before/after cup sizes? I've done so much research and he seems to be the best out there for fat transfer! Thank you!
I was really impressed with the results of your procedure, so I researched Dr. Barbara Marino in Tomball, Texas. Unfortunately, I found that she was disciplined by the Texas Medical Board in April 2006 for several "quality of care" violations. I just wanted to share that info, and encourage others to do the research before choosing a doctor.
Hi holho....very good catch. I also noted that she is not a board certified plastic surgeon. She is actually an Ob/Gyn.
Were you under general anesthesia or local for fat transfer? Athenix, a microbody sculpturing place I had a consultation at does it under local and another plastic surgeons office told me that a fat transfer to the breast is a big procedure. I don't have a lot of fat to take out, so the most I can expect is to go from a small B to a C given that I don't lose any weight. How was your recovery?
I everyone, I am scheduled to have this procedure done along with a tummy tuck on August 2nd, I am currently a small C cup and hoping to go up to a DD, but by the looks of it this is not going to be possible. I plan to lose weight once my recovery is over and I'm affraid that I will lose whatever fat they transfer to my breasts. I wish I had prepared better for this, but I was affraid to lose too much weight before and then not have enough fat to transfer. I will post up pre-op photos and post-op as I get closer to my date. My fee will be $15,525 for fat transfer to breasts, breast lift, repositioning of the nipple and full tummy tuck, oh yes, and I get to spend one night at the hospital. I think that's a pretty good price compared to what I've been seeing for others. I live in South Texas.