21 Years Old, V Line Thread Lift in Korea

I had the unfortunate experience to be talked into...

I had the unfortunate experience to be talked into doing a thread lift in Seoul during a consultation. I was never really considering this procedure, but they promised a V Line face shape and quick/painless recovery with a $3000 price tag.

I see now the horrible results and what an unnecessary procedure it is for a young adult. Maybe the thread lift would be good for somebody over 50+, with lots of sagging skin, but I had no wrinkles or saggy skin. The only thing the thread lift has done is give me intense headaches and pulled my face so tight that it has stretched immensely wider... my face now looks extremely unnatural, creepy even, and has pulled and distorted my features (ie - my nose has been stretched wider, making it look bigger/wider and stretched upwards so that now I have a short pig nose.)

After doing research, there have been so many negative reviews about thread lifting and it is even banned by the FDA in North America. In Seoul, they do many procedures deemed to be unsafe and unnecessary in North America... perhaps this is due to different perceptions of beauty in the west vs east, but either way... when going for a consultation, please don't make the same mistakes I did. Do your research first and if you're still unsure about it, take your time. I regret it so much now and there is no way to reverse the consequences.
Threadlifts has taken many parts of the world by heavy marketing by the the Medical Directors in Seoul who created this fad. In Singapore, a lot of aesthetics doctors who attended workshop and trained by these mentors in Seoul, returned & promote it as a non-surgical face-lift the threads as claimed are KDA approved (Korea drug Administration) but we aren't really sure of the success. The pictures may be only a handful of the few good ones. I've been seeing the same pictures all over the web. I was recently almost talk into by the M.D's assistant to take up the JJ Miracle thread lift as invented by Dr Jung. It was touted as a better face-lift than Ultra V Lift to treat my sagging jowls. The cost of JJ miracle lift ? Lower Mid-cheeks USD3000+ (2 threads on each cheek to lift) that's a ridiculous price to pay. I do not have bank account of a Hollywood celebrity. i am merely a salaried office worker.
I was forced to do thread lift by a doctor in my country when im going for botox touch up. I told her I am still 28 years old she said her youngest patient is 18 yo. I find her talking rubbish. Lift is a lift the name is there for a reason. Im so sorry for what youve been through, i dont know if its true but they said it lasted for 3 years? Do you think compressing your face with warm water will make the effect gone faster like botox? Thank you for sharing.
Thank you for sharing this on realself.