Thrilled with Lower Face and Neck Lift - 8 photos - Murrieta, CA

I am thrilled with the work I had done by Dr....

I am thrilled with the work I had done by Dr. Balikian. My lower face and neck lift turned out better than I expected - no more sagging jowls, turkey waddle and neck wrinkles. There was NO pain, bruising was minimal and healing was fast. If I'd known it was this easy I'd have done it 15 years ago when I was 50. It was one the wisest decisions I've ever made. I feel it improved my appearance by 20 years. I can not recommended Dr. Balikian and his staff highly enough.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

2 photos: before; 11 days after

Hi Roberta, I just went to Dr. Balikian and received a quote for the neck lift. I love to wear my hair in a ponytail and I am so nervous that people will see scars. Are your scars noticable at all? Also, did you do the procedure in the office or in the hospital under general anesthesia? If in the doctor's office under a local, was it painful? I am a total baby. Thank you for all of your help.
You look amazing. I am considering the same procedures and have a question. Where are the scars from your surgery? I just had a consultation and the surgeon told me he would make a zig zag incision under my chin and midline neck area. I am concerned about the visible scar.

I added more photos

Here's more photos I have that I didn't post - surgery was done June 27, 2013.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Click on the photos to see the timeline and comments.

I posted 5 more photos with comments below each picture that I just never got around to posting before. I'm now 10 months post-op - still a little numbness in front of ears and neck, which the doctor said will go away. But I don't mind it at all. Best decision I ever made! That turkey wattle was so big, it felt like a deformity. I was so self-concious of it. Now I feel confident. Big surprise - majority of friends didn't notice I had anything done. Most said, "I never even noticed it", when I tell them I had it removed. I show them the "before picture" I carry in my purse, and they are shocked and say they don't remember it. I closely watched people's eyes after my surgery - and nothing! Only two friends' eyes zoomed in at my neck and asked me what did I had done. (They also happen to be the most intelligent people I know - lol.)

Really nice results; I bet you're thrilled with the outcome.
You look amazing! I guess that I am just afraid of what the scars look like and I want to know what they actaully look like. I am unable to find any pictures of those. That is really what is holdig me back. Thank you.
Hi Kathy. I just posted an update and 5 more pictures, so look at those. I wear my hair in a ponytail - and no, you can't see the scars. They are very small, maybe 1/2 inch, and hidden under the hairline. I can't see them even if I look for them. I had the surgery in his office, no IV, just a sleeping pill and 1 pain pill. I felt nothing!!!!!! I was in and out of conciousness, but felt so peaceful and even happy (the drugs, no doubt!) I heard him and the assistant talking once in a while, but could not feel him working on my face - at all!!!Never felt ANY pain during or after. I can't say that enough, because I was so surprised by that. So I didn't take pain pills afterwards. Only negative, was the day after I felt totally worn out, sort of like when you have the flu - just exhausted. I kept joking that I felt I'd been in a bar fight, and lost. So tired - but again, no real pain anywhere. I hated sleeping on my back for 1 month after - but who cares? I was just so pleased after day 2 with how I looked. Of course, everyone's experience will vary. I was in perfect health and he said that helped and I obeyed all his post-op care instructions perfectly. I just really trusted this doctor. I could have had it done much cheaper somewhere else, but I din't want to take a chance with my face!!!
Temecula Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Balikian is the only doctor I would trust with my face. I did as much research as possible, and chose him over some Beverly Hills doctors because of referrals, his credentials and the fact that head and neck surgery is his speciality. I was very hesitant and fearful, but he addressed all my concerns and questions. He and his staff were very supportive and attentive. I recommend Dr. Balikian highly.