Thrilled with Lower Face and Neck Lift - 8 photos - Murrieta, CA

I am thrilled with the work I had done by Dr....

I am thrilled with the work I had done by Dr. Balikian. My lower face and neck lift turned out better than I expected - no more sagging jowls, turkey waddle and neck wrinkles. There was NO pain, bruising was minimal and healing was fast. If I'd known it was this easy I'd have done it 15 years ago when I was 50. It was one the wisest decisions I've ever made. I feel it improved my appearance by 20 years. I can not recommended Dr. Balikian and his staff highly enough.

2 photos: before; 11 days after

I added more photos

Here's more photos I have that I didn't post - surgery was done June 27, 2013.

Click on the photos to see the timeline and comments.

I posted 5 more photos with comments below each picture that I just never got around to posting before. I'm now 10 months post-op - still a little numbness in front of ears and neck, which the doctor said will go away. But I don't mind it at all. Best decision I ever made! That turkey wattle was so big, it felt like a deformity. I was so self-concious of it. Now I feel confident. Big surprise - majority of friends didn't notice I had anything done. Most said, "I never even noticed it", when I tell them I had it removed. I show them the "before picture" I carry in my purse, and they are shocked and say they don't remember it. I closely watched people's eyes after my surgery - and nothing! Only two friends' eyes zoomed in at my neck and asked me what did I had done. (They also happen to be the most intelligent people I know - lol.)
Temecula Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Balikian is the only doctor I would trust with my face. I did as much research as possible, and chose him over some Beverly Hills doctors because of referrals, his credentials and the fact that head and neck surgery is his speciality. I was very hesitant and fearful, but he addressed all my concerns and questions. He and his staff were very supportive and attentive. I recommend Dr. Balikian highly.

Really nice results; I bet you're thrilled with the outcome.
You look amazing! I guess that I am just afraid of what the scars look like and I want to know what they actaully look like. I am unable to find any pictures of those. That is really what is holdig me back. Thank you.
Hi Roberta, I just went to Dr. Balikian and received a quote for the neck lift. I love to wear my hair in a ponytail and I am so nervous that people will see scars. Are your scars noticable at all? Also, did you do the procedure in the office or in the hospital under general anesthesia? If in the doctor's office under a local, was it painful? I am a total baby. Thank you for all of your help.
Hi Kathy. I just posted an update and 5 more pictures, so look at those. I wear my hair in a ponytail - and no, you can't see the scars. They are very small, maybe 1/2 inch, and hidden under the hairline. I can't see them even if I look for them. I had the surgery in his office, no IV, just a sleeping pill and 1 pain pill. I felt nothing!!!!!! I was in and out of conciousness, but felt so peaceful and even happy (the drugs, no doubt!) I heard him and the assistant talking once in a while, but could not feel him working on my face - at all!!!Never felt ANY pain during or after. I can't say that enough, because I was so surprised by that. So I didn't take pain pills afterwards. Only negative, was the day after I felt totally worn out, sort of like when you have the flu - just exhausted. I kept joking that I felt I'd been in a bar fight, and lost. So tired - but again, no real pain anywhere. I hated sleeping on my back for 1 month after - but who cares? I was just so pleased after day 2 with how I looked. Of course, everyone's experience will vary. I was in perfect health and he said that helped and I obeyed all his post-op care instructions perfectly. I just really trusted this doctor. I could have had it done much cheaper somewhere else, but I din't want to take a chance with my face!!!
You look amazing. I am considering the same procedures and have a question. Where are the scars from your surgery? I just had a consultation and the surgeon told me he would make a zig zag incision under my chin and midline neck area. I am concerned about the visible scar.
Glad you asked...because my doctor said he would never do that procedure on a woman as the scar is usually visible. He does it on men if they don't mind the scar - it looks rugged. He did mine with horizontal invisible scars under the hairline, one above each ear, toward the front a little (where a sideburn would grow on a man); and one behind each ear, an inch up, under the hairline. Also, a 2 1/2 inch light scar vertically under my chin, as he had to lipo out the fat in my turkey waddle and tie back the neck cords. However, it doesn't show unless you tilt your head way back and look for it. Email me if you have more questions or want more pictures. I'm glad to be helpful :)
Thank you for the reply; again you look great. I think my chin area looks about like yours in the pre surgery picture. I am 67 so this gives me hope. I wish I lived in California; from NY State and will search out a ps of the same caliber as yours. Thanks for the comment, Roberta!
Roberta…. This is amazing and wonderful! Your neck is just as important as any other part of your body as far as self esteem. You should have plenty of self esteem now! You look awesome! Thanks for sharing!
You are beautiful. I can only pray mine will be as successful as yours.
You absolutely look fantastic!!! Great results.
Hi Roberta - You look great! I had a neck life at age 43 in BH and I was unhappy right after. (Mostly because the healing time was a lot longer than I thought. It took me 6 or 8 weeks to look presentable to leave the house.) But afterward I decided it came out well. I'm sagging again at 50 so thinking about doing it again-- my doc has retired so I'm keeping my eyes open for another dr. to consult. It would be quite a drive for me to see your dr but it might be worth it! Thanks so much for sharing the info!!!! And I bet you'll continue to look even better as it heals in the next few weeks and beyond. Take care, --Natalie in LA
i was just wondering about you having to do a second surgery for the same thing...is that the average?
Hi Solbeach13, I've heard the "average" is every 15 years - but everyone is SO different! Since I'm 65, I wish I'd done it at 50, and then maybe another one now. My friend, 80, had it done at 65 and would like to do another again now. But she looks pretty good, and I don't think she or I will do it at 80. The results are permanent, in that it won't slowly loosen up or become undone - BUT, we continue to age at different rates and so, of course, those effects will show up. My results were so easy and good, it might be hard not to do another one at maybe 73ish. It pulled up my jawline, marionette lines, liplines and wrinkles. I think I'll post more pictures soon.
Hi Solbeach, I don't think everyone needs to repeat the surgery, but with me, I think I started too early. I should have waited a few years I think, because my neck had not gotten wrinkled yet. So he tightened the jawline a little and made the lines between nose and mouth smoother. I think I looked about 5 years younger when it was done. If I had waited until my neck aged more, he probably would have been able to treat that. Since I didn't have that yet, there wasn't anything for him to do on the neck. And maybe my skin ages faster than some other people. Everyone is different. So I don't think everyone does this more than once. I might not, but I'm considering it...
Wow, do you look fantastic, Roberta! Hows your healing going? Im now three months post op. Would love to see an updated photo, and hear how things are going for you.
Thanks! I owe the good results to Dr. Balikian. I think I looked pretty good even 2 days later - almost no swelling and little brusing - I was surprised. I took arnica; slept on my back at a slant; ate pineapple as it's claimed to reduce brusing and healed very fast.
I'm 6 weeks post surgery and although I have no visible scarring, I'm still quite swollen and numb.
Amazing results and you look soooo good so soon after!
You look absolutely fantastic! Your doctor did a wonderful job. I had to go back and double check after you said you should've had it done 15 yrs. ago when you were 50. You look so much younger!. I'm having the same thing done next Thurs., only in PA. I plan on sharing my experience on here too, to help others. My neck looks so similar to your "before" picture. I'm glad you are so pleased with yours--I hope I get as good results as you! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! I look forward to seeing your results. I'll look for it. Good luck to you :)
Thanks!