67 Years Old Going on 36. - Murrieta, CA

I wanted a fresher look. I did get that, my face...

I wanted a fresher look. I did get that, my face looks great, however I have been a widow for 6 years, very young both- mind and actions, and wanted to maybe start dating a little, lunch or dinner. Maybe a movie. I went to a board- certified plastic surgeon who seemed well credentialed, educated and nice. We scheduled a hairline brow lift and face and neck lift . The price seemed reasonable for my location, about average. I had the procedures and the pain was almost unbearable. I have a low pain tolerance and was told there would only be discomfort. They were wrong. At three months out, I still suffered severe itching on my scalp and was told up to that point it was "normal healing". At the three month point, swelling was gone, but the itching wasn't, so I went back to see the doctor. It was then I said "I have wrinkles on my forehead, and my brows are in the same place as before the surgery. He then said, "I decided NOT TO DO the brow lift (AFTER making a 10" hairline incision) because I thought your eyes might not close properly when you sleep, causing dry eyes. (He couldn't figure that out during the two pre-op visits or before he sliced me open?) I said "I paid you $3,500. to do the brow lift, and you didn't do the procedure? He then said (this is 3 months after the surgery) "I can give you a refund of the $3,500". I said I wanted the whole amount back ($13,500) and he said he couldn't afford to do that. He also stated he had severed 2 nerves in my scalp, and that hopefully in time they would heal so the itching would stop. I said no, I would see an attorney, and left. The next morning I was told there was a check for $10,000. waiting for me. Because I was on 8-10 Norco per day, I had my girlfriend drive me over and I picked up the check, but not before signing a release form. I now at 6 months out have no recourse for any damages he has caused. Last week I called the office and asked for a copy of my medical records and was told I was not allowed to have them, (that is a lie) except the surgical report. I got into a heated discussion with this woman who I knew to be the Esthetician and Office Manager, and was promptly told the doctor DID do the brow lift. I was stunned! I told her what he had told me, and she said he was mistaken, he did indeed do the lift. Then she told me "It was I who decided to write you the check for the $10K to get you off our backs. STUNNED!!! I said why you, and she said I AM HIS WIFE, and I WROTE THE CHECK--try to find yourself an attorney if you want. I said you saw to it that I can't . I was told never to call the office again and she hung up on me. I am DUMBFOUNDED. 6 attorneys have told me they will NOT take my case, I signed a release and there is nothing that can be done about it.

So when you go into a doctor's office ask who the office manager is, if it's his wife--go somewhere else. I have been told he knows nothing about what she has done to me. The Care Credit fee was charged to me, which is not allowed by the credit card company. That was an extra $650.00.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Photo of my face and neck with a wig to cover shaved head and incision

Pam, I don't understand why you would mark "not sure" on your profile. Brow lifts require the doctors cut the nerves on the top of your head. Would you ever let anyone do that to you knowing there's a chance they may not heal? I don't think it was worth it for me NO WAY. Yes the rest of my facelift came out alright... But NO WAY on the brow lift and the damage it has done to my life and happiness .
What do you mean "why would I mark not sure"? According to the surgical report I have from the surgery I had, the doctor did not cut on top of my head, he cut across the forehead, called a hairline brow lift. That is what he recommended since I had had my eyelids done about 10 years ago. He never told me there would be severed nerves before I had the work done, only 3 months later. The reason I said Not Sure, is I had 3 procedures he was going to do. Brow lift. Facelift. Neck liposuction and tightening. He did not do a brow lift, he just made the incision, and severed two nerves, and sewed me up. That's why the Wife, office manager, gave me back $10,000 for a $3,500 procedure. She told me she wanted to get rid of me so I could not seek damages.

Not bad for a 67 year old, huh?

I will try to post a before, it is very different!

That's good to know... Let me know if you find out what channel
I understand I have been for almost a year. Can you exercise, work in your garden, go up and downstairs, dance, play with your grand baby, go swimming or hiking, boating , the list goes on how dare they scalp me ! Forever !
Not Forever! , try the medication and oils, they might help. As for me, sadly, due to post-polio syndrome I have not been able to get on my knees to garden, cannot clime or descend stairs, my daughter took my 8,9, and 1 year old grandsons away from me 17 years ago, and I have only seen them in pics on Facebook. She hasn't talked to me in all that time either, so I don't know why she did this. My heart has been broken too many times by that girl over the years, and my son has no kids. He did tell me, tho, that the eldest is in and out of jail and prison, and just totaled his dad's 1 day old $40,000. truck while on drugs and alcohol. He was a sweet kid, I blame the upbringing by two abusive parents. Long story about our past, but truly, aside from the broken heart, I am better off with her out of my life. She is very close to my sister, and that explains a big chunk of why all this has happened. But my sister is out of my life, too. I lost my husband to cancer 6 years ago, we were married for over 29 years. Big time loss. I had a best friend of 43 years, Bill, and I just buried him 2 months ago. I had talked to him at 2:30, even talked about seeing the new Celine Dion show upcoming in Vegas (he knew her personally) and at 3:30 he was dead. I guess that's the way life goes. He and I talked every day for hours. Now--nothing. It's just me and my little Yorkie Dillon now and when I can get back to church (I used to go every week, since the surgery I have gone 4 times in 6 months) things will be a lot better. I have started, slowly, at a gym and have gotten on the treadmill Wed and today, Friday. Just 1/2 hour is all I can do for now, but I'll just keep on truckin' til I get to 2.5 miles or more. Probably take 6 months or so to get there. I have done NO exercise in 10 years due to surgeries and pain. Slow and steady is all I can do. You know, that's all any of us can do come to think of it. We need to do what we are able to do, and thank Heavenly Father we aren't worse off than we are. Please send me your name and where you live, you can call me if you wish. My name is Pam and it's (951) 672-1939.

Before

It's on E! HD

Before and after photos

Finally a before set of pics. The doctor had me lower my chin for all, and no smile. The brow lift was not done, but a huge incision was made. I now am getting little bumps on top of my head and they are starting to itch, OMG, not again! I cannot tell you how wonderful this past week has been - on Neurontin and using essential oils with cocoanut oil as a carrier oil. No itching 99% of the time. I never would have believed it, but my girlfriend insisted I try the oils. She has been after me for 4 years to do them, and I said no--until now!

Watched "Botched" and we are not alone! So many mistakes, instead of the 1% they tell you of things that can go wrong its between 10-15%. That sounds more like it.
Please post some pictures! I hope you are finding an attorney and he can ask for the medical records. I think I am going to start taping my office visits. I'm caught in a he said she said with the doctor and his wife.

A couple of others

I hate these selfies!

Just got on this blog sort of by accident looking for Invisalign info. and ended up posting my facelift experience of 2 years ago. That seems crazy that your scalp would be that traumatized. My sweet surgeon used a combo. of staples and stitches because he said -- as someone who had named just about every remaining hair on his own head -- he wanted to cause as little trauma/hair thinning to his patients as possible. It CAN be done -- I literally had NO thinning. You look wonderful but this whole thing with Yes I did the browlift/No I didn't do the Browlift/Yes He did do the browlift sounds fishy. Not sure what recourse you have in your state legally, but it seems like you do have a reason to file a complaint with the state medical board as well as any Plastics certifying organiztion to which he belongs -- unless that is also part of the release. Good luck; I think in addition to the people suggested by the doctors, maybe you could find a dermatologist who specializes in scalp issues?
So sorry this happened to you. The whole story blew my mind. Pain can be relentless. Do you mind sharing exactly what essential oils you have been using? Best of luck to you. Hoping you will heal up. Take Care
BTW I have a GF who got a brow lift and had a sagital scalp cut and she still has oozing from that scar from ear to ear across her scalp. It was infected and never heals. I hope your scalp heals!
Not allowed to say

My face is great, I love my neck. I have not been able to go out of the house for more than 3 hours in the past 6 months due to severe itching, and open sores from scratching that have not yet healed.