67 Years Old Going on 36. - Murrieta, CA

I wanted a fresher look. I did get that, my face...

I wanted a fresher look. I did get that, my face looks great, however I have been a widow for 6 years, very young both- mind and actions, and wanted to maybe start dating a little, lunch or dinner. Maybe a movie. I went to a board- certified plastic surgeon who seemed well credentialed, educated and nice. We scheduled a hairline brow lift and face and neck lift . The price seemed reasonable for my location, about average. I had the procedures and the pain was almost unbearable. I have a low pain tolerance and was told there would only be discomfort. They were wrong. At three months out, I still suffered severe itching on my scalp and was told up to that point it was "normal healing". At the three month point, swelling was gone, but the itching wasn't, so I went back to see the doctor. It was then I said "I have wrinkles on my forehead, and my brows are in the same place as before the surgery. He then said, "I decided NOT TO DO the brow lift (AFTER making a 10" hairline incision) because I thought your eyes might not close properly when you sleep, causing dry eyes. (He couldn't figure that out during the two pre-op visits or before he sliced me open?) I said "I paid you $3,500. to do the brow lift, and you didn't do the procedure? He then said (this is 3 months after the surgery) "I can give you a refund of the $3,500". I said I wanted the whole amount back ($13,500) and he said he couldn't afford to do that. He also stated he had severed 2 nerves in my scalp, and that hopefully in time they would heal so the itching would stop. I said no, I would see an attorney, and left. The next morning I was told there was a check for $10,000. waiting for me. Because I was on 8-10 Norco per day, I had my girlfriend drive me over and I picked up the check, but not before signing a release form. I now at 6 months out have no recourse for any damages he has caused. Last week I called the office and asked for a copy of my medical records and was told I was not allowed to have them, (that is a lie) except the surgical report. I got into a heated discussion with this woman who I knew to be the Esthetician and Office Manager, and was promptly told the doctor DID do the brow lift. I was stunned! I told her what he had told me, and she said he was mistaken, he did indeed do the lift. Then she told me "It was I who decided to write you the check for the $10K to get you off our backs. STUNNED!!! I said why you, and she said I AM HIS WIFE, and I WROTE THE CHECK--try to find yourself an attorney if you want. I said you saw to it that I can't . I was told never to call the office again and she hung up on me. I am DUMBFOUNDED. 6 attorneys have told me they will NOT take my case, I signed a release and there is nothing that can be done about it.

So when you go into a doctor's office ask who the office manager is, if it's his wife--go somewhere else. I have been told he knows nothing about what she has done to me. The Care Credit fee was charged to me, which is not allowed by the credit card company. That was an extra $650.00.

Photo of my face and neck with a wig to cover shaved head and incision

Not bad for a 67 year old, huh?

I will try to post a before, it is very different!

Before

Before and after photos

Finally a before set of pics. The doctor had me lower my chin for all, and no smile. The brow lift was not done, but a huge incision was made. I now am getting little bumps on top of my head and they are starting to itch, OMG, not again! I cannot tell you how wonderful this past week has been - on Neurontin and using essential oils with cocoanut oil as a carrier oil. No itching 99% of the time. I never would have believed it, but my girlfriend insisted I try the oils. She has been after me for 4 years to do them, and I said no--until now!

A couple of others

I hate these selfies!
Not allowed to say

My face is great, I love my neck. I have not been able to go out of the house for more than 3 hours in the past 6 months due to severe itching, and open sores from scratching that have not yet healed.

U look great
What a terrifying experience. you look wonderful now!
Is this office by chance in Beverly Hill now.... There are def some crocks out there
This office isnt by chance in Beverly Hills now is it?
Why do you say "not allowed to say" as the doctor. You absolutely can and should say who you went to. It is your experience and especially seeing you cannot sue anyway, you should reveal your doctor. I would.
I'm replying for Pam.. I believe her doctor made her sign something legal so she can't say his name or she could be in trouble...she will explain it.
I signed a release when I received a refund, and agreed to not post name of doctor who could sue me if I post his name. Fun huh? Can't warn any future patients.
I would in a New York Minute, but cannot
Oh I see. Well you still look beautiful. but boy is that messed up what he did to you and the manipulation she did.
Many of us with bad surgeries are bullied and threatened into silence of mentioning surgeons names. I was. They can actually sue you.
They can try. But in Washington state, which is where RealSelf is located, there is an anti-SLAPP law that can help protect reviewers.
We need something like that in CA
is your hair going to grow bacck
Doesn't make sense that no lawyer would take your case but you are told that if you mention his name he will sue you? Who would take his case and sue you for what????
But we can't sue them? Doesn't make sense.
Your skin looks amazing! Did you have something to address the texture? I'm definitely going to try those oils. I had a lower eyelid surgery 7 1/2 months ago (which has turned out horribly) and the itching is still so bad. Is that why they gave you neurontin?
I am very happy with my skin. I had laser on my upper lip and chin. Yes, the Neurontin 300 mg. up to 3 per day. I only need 1 per day at this time. 99% of the itching has gone away.
What is neurontin? What is it used for? Would it help me?
It is a medication prescribed for nerve damage itching. It is a prescription, you can ask your doctor for it.
Neuron tin is for nerve pain,chronic pain and seizures.