3 months post-op with DR. POUSTI. Just measured at VS - 34DD!

I am a board certified M.D. and surgeon and I just...

I am a board certified M.D. and surgeon and I just had my consultation with Dr. Tom Pousti for breast augmentation. I have considered the surgery for several years, but my family and profession always took precedence. Now that I am "stable" (i.e. not planning more pregnancies and no longer in training), I am ready to proceed. While their are many upsides to being a physician and having a surgical procedure done, the downside is my fear is exaggerated as I know every single possible risk or complication!

I am a physician who would like to preserve my...

I am a physician who would like to preserve my privacy, but the greatest thank you I can give Dr. Tom Pousti is to write this review.

I would STRONGLY recommend any patient considering breast augmentation to schedule a consult with Dr. Pousti.
He is an exceptional surgeon, an ethical physician, passionate about his profession and humble about his phenomenal work.
After much research and waiting, it was due to this combination of qualities that I chose Dr. Pousti as my plastic surgeon.
AND I have no financial or professional gain by telling you this info - my relationship with Dr. P is as a patient only!

Also I want to thank all you lovely ladies who shared your story on Real Self.
You are so sweet and supportive, I couldn't imagine going through this without you.
I only told my husband and friend who helped take care of me after the surgery.

So here are my numbers:
I am 38 years old, I have two children who I breast fed both for 8 months.
I am 5'7" and weigh 120 pounds.
Dr. Pousti placed 338cc Naturalle Silicone, under the muscle, periareolar both sides (Keller Funnel Method).
Dr. Pousti asks for you to bring photos of what you like and dislike.
I will upload my collage that I gave him the day of my surgery.

I am at post-op week two and couldn't be happier.

PRE-OPERATIVELY:

I worked out as usual (for me 4 -5 days/week; mostly aerobic stuff with some weights)

I did take the Make Me Heal Plastic surgery suppliments 2 weeks before the surgery: $60 on Amazon

And also took Arnica Montana 30x 250 tablets: I took 4 pills four times a day 1 week before surgery and am still using: $8 on Amazon

I read and re-read Dr. Pousti's website:
About the Doctor
Breast Augmentation : ALL of the links (I esp liked the pre/post-op/choosing your size links)
FOLLOW my Journey from Start to Finish (a link on the left side of his webpage) - I really liked this one
In the Operating Room
And of course his Before and After Photos
Patient Testimonials

Also enjoyed this from Real Self:

My husband took the kids for 2 days after my surgery (done on a Friday and kids and hubby were back on Sunday) and my friend took care of me while the family was away.

I took off 9 days total and feel great. I have a busy schedule (see about 35-40 patients/day and perform surgeries 1-2 times a week).

I started working out again at POD(post op day)#11, did the reclined bike and did a Zumba class POD#12!

I am still wearing my surgical bra - boo hoo! But will do as instructed (will need to wear for 4 weeks total) to keep them to continue to drop.

Sorry I am back to work and super busy but will try to give you more info/photos ASAP!

Good luck to everyone and again Thanks!

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

I found him on the internet. His website, yelp, realself, vitals, and healthgrades I can honestly say as a physician AND patient, Dr. Tom Pousti has won me over. I had my consult yesterday and was more than pleased with the experience. First he is double board certified in surgery and plastics. He has had 15 years experience with cosmetic surgery. He has worked with his scrub nurse and anesthesiologist for over 10 years in the same hospital (this is key - decreasing variables has been shown to increase success rate). He is married with 5 children (again the decrease of variable factors - i.e. his social life is stable). His staff is exceptional as well. Vanessa was very knowledgeable and friendly as well. Not only did she address my concerns about the risks of the procedure, she conveyed my message to Dr. Pousti regarding my husband's hesitancy. I have been with my husband for almost 20 years and he prefers I do not have surgery. Dr. Pousti stated he has had many patients with similar spousal concerns and recommended he meet with my husband and I before making any decisions. This was a huge relief for me because it demonstrated Dr. Pousti and his staff understand my husband's concerns and ultimately realize I need my spouse's support. All I can say is I am more than excited to be seeing Dr. Pousti again in the near future.