Botox for Gummy Smile - Should Have Done This Years Ago!! - Lebanon, PA

I've been getting botox injections in my forehead...

I've been getting botox injections in my forehead for years. I love it and think it is a great thing. I have always been bothered by my crooked, gummy smile -- despite having naturally pretty full lips. I am, so far SO pleased with the results of this treatment. The technician did three shots and they did hurt quite a bit (more than botox in the foreheard or eye area). The effect is quite noticable (my sister in law asked if I had lip injections because my lips look so much fuller). This has drastically improved my appearance. The only issue is that eating and drinking has been a problem and I cannot talk as fast as I used to. I have had to slow down when eating and takling -- but I actualy think maybe that is a good thing. Anyway, I'm hooked. My smile is still a bit crooked (it was before), but at my 2 week check up, she can revise that. Somehow, I look much nicer and friendlier when I smile now. I am obsessed.

Beautiful smile! Are those after botox? What is a gummy smile? I love botox for crowsfeet and recently tried it in my forehead. After 15 years of botox, I'll never stop! However, I've always feared botox around the mouth, in fact, I've has a couple of doctors who will not inject there. Thanks for sharing!
Yes this is after Botox. A gummy smile is that my lips were naturally full but when I smiled my lips pulled up really far and disappeared, showing gums. A little Botox there (it's like 4-6 units I think) under the nose at he top of the lip just makes it that you cannot lift your lip a quite as high. I don't think this is what they mean when doctors don't want to do it in the lower face....
Understood! Thank you so much for the explanation. Keep Smiling!!
Kathy at Skin Center

I normally go to a different place (Skin Beautiful on the South Side) because they will charge for the unit of botox you use. Skin Center charges by the area, which bothers me in general and especially does with this procedure, because it takes so little botox. Nonetheless, my regular technician does not do Botox in the lower face, so I went to Kathy at the skin center, who did a great job. SHe was quite skillful and very nice. I recommend her for this procedure.