43 and I FINALLY Did my Arms, Underneath the Arms - Mountain View, CA

I always noticed the back of arms were bulky and...

I always noticed the back of arms were bulky and fat in my opinion and i hated that when i saw myself in pics and they looked fat! As i got older like 38 i was convinced i did not like my arms but wasn't ready to go under the knife per se. I finally turned 43 and i did it for my Birthday,it was a gift from my dear friend. I had smartlipo done on June 18th 2014 at California Skin Institute in Mtn. view Ca. The procedure was somewhat painful,you get 1 valium and numbing with lidocaine and then some more numbing but,it literally feels like you're being embalmed with fluid with a cannula and this is just the numbing part. I was awake the entire time and i felt A lot of discomfort,pain and pressure. The arms are very sensitive to begin with and now extremely tender and SORE.
I felt the jarring of the cannula moving back and forth. Anyway,i am 4 days post of my surgery and i
felt the worst on thursday. I had been throwing up all day and night a total of 7 times. I NOTICED EVERY Ttime I take the 2 antibiotics a day which are 500MG of Cephalaxin. I would get nauseous and sometimes diarrhea but those are the side effects of this medication. I didn't need any pain meds and i was able to shower 2 days after and wash my hair with no problems. I am sore,itchy and swollen but that is to be expected. I'm not too sure about the itchy part but i have my post-op june 25th,so i'll discuss it with my doctor. I will say that i am anxious and i want instant gratification,however i was informed by my doctor,that i will see results in 3-6 mos,not overnight! Damn! lol. I am NOT patient and i am already tired of the soreness,swelling,itching and stinging in my right arm. I will ask doctor about stinging as well and why it only happens in my right arm. I don't have much bruising and i am able to raise my arms and text,type sleep on my left arm. I feel the procedure is fast and my recovery seems to be just as speedy.
I will post pics tomorrow as it is early am right now.

5 days after smart lipo

Here are the pics the night after surgery.
i will post b4 pics when i can find the right ones,[lease bare with me.

first night after smart lipo

5 days after smart-lipo

I have been lucky because i have No pain and i Have NOT needed to take any pain meds at all. Here are some pics 5 days after.
I am still impatient and my arms look saggier but i do understand it's been 5 days and they are still pretty SWOLLEN,SORE and tender. I am able to resume my normal routine however,i have NOT driven due to my car being stick. I do not want to jeopardize the results of my arms. I am very fortunate i have not had any lumps,pain or any other complications. I read so many horror stories and it's scary and sad to hear about others ps gone so wrong. I do hope those who have had medical issues or other problems take matters into others hands and get a lawyer.

1 week post-op

my arms healing fast and progresing in the right direction without lumps,dimples,saggines,or the mashed potatoe look. I am happy and can't wait to see 3 month results.

may 14 pic before procedure. Not a good pic but i found one

I found a before pic that i have and i'm in the same dress. which is good
let's hope there is a difference in comparison,it was taken may 14,2014.

9 days post-op

Here are some pics,i know i still have to get my before and i promise i will. my next post-op appt is july 23,so i will ask for pics. Thanks for your patience for those who asked.

Elbow incisions and under arm

The tiny incisions are micro mini under elbow and not as noticeable as the ones under the arm.
I can notice a bigger scar that is more prominent under the arm area. elbows healed fast and not very prominent.

17 DAYS,IT FEELS LIKE 1 month! hahaha

NOT much of a difference but they are healing nicely.

Got a JOg in tonight after 18 days.

I wanted to run my usual 4 miles,That didn't happen,I had bad company,my tiny Chihuahua.
It was stop and go all the way. Anyway,i will truck along the path Solo tomorrow.
My arms burn like hell,like a stinging sensation,i can't explain it. I get that i am healing but,uncomfortable feeling. Bad enough i forgot how to use my darn legs,thank god for muscle memory. I am disciplined so i'll try again Monday night. It was hella hot out too. Like 79
i finished by 8:10 p.m. and it was still like 75.
Well i put arnica on them and it soothed them.
Happy Healing all of you and Good night.
Sweet Dreams and pleasant thoughts to you getting surgery soon.

3 weeks and 3 days!

Hello rs women.
I am posting pics and i did notice my arms are getting tighter and leaner. Lovin' them.
I still feel a little numbness in right arm by elbow but it is subsiding. I get this tingling stinging sensation when i put my hands over head but that too is diminishing with time. All in all,i'm doing well.
Happy Healing to all of you who had procedures done the 10th and after.

4 weeks

Hello RS women
It's been 4 weeks and it feels like 4 months! I am still swollen and healing right along.
I feel like time is moving like a slug and i want it to be like turbo the movie. I am Bored of waiting!!! My friends see the results and i do too but not a 6 month end result,that's what i'm waiting for.

For swelling on face,puffy eyes,headaches and redness

FO YOU JOANNE
NOW I LOOK LIKE AN iDIOT!

NOT Fading Fast

My right arm scars are faded and the left not so much. It's weird that one arm heals faster.
He worked on my right arms more,how is it possible! I have no scars. The left is so noticeable.
UGH! ;( Left is not fading fast enough. Oh well. It is what it is. I just have to wait it out.

5 weeks

Hello RS women.
I will see my doctor this afternoon and see how he thinks i am healing.
Here are some pics to see the difference. Overall i am HAPPY and ready for my next procedure.LOL!
Thank You to the women who have been supportive. Happy healing to everyone and best wishes to those getting sx done.
Mountain View Dermatologic Surgeon

You are coming along pretty nicely Madame & the Dr's feedback will be positive. Congrats on the progress you've made! :-)
Looking great sweet Bella. I bet your thrilled!
So how's your arms feeling these days Bella?
redgoddess68 My arms are fine,i'm so over it and need to move onto the next. ;) my abs&butt lol Thanks for asking.
Do you have an idea which Dr you will seek for your next surgery?
I love your results!! did you drive yourself there? where you able to drive home safe after?
nevergoodenough Thank you. No i did not drive myself you have to have a driver or they will not release you. they had to give post-op instructions to my friend,took his ph# in the pre-op name etc. Someone must stay with you 24 hrs after the surgery. I would never drive after surgery and definitely not while on meds.. I drove 1 week post-op and my car is stick,so it was a breeze.
You are so beautiful! The work on your arms look great.
One of my arms was swollen more then the other early on, scars were a little darker on that arm.. 10 months later, both arms look the same... it is all about waiting it out. You really are looking fab!
Ms Impatient here. lol
Same thing here, left side much more swollen and bruised. Maybe doc gets his agressions out on the first side!!!! LOLs
I dunno,he did left but very aggressive on right and that healed fast. i have my 5 week post-op tomorrow,so i'll ask him.
It is not unusual for the body to heal differently on one side from the other. Hang in there!
Thanks,i am but i am just impatient ;) Hope your therapy is going well.
Thanks. It is better. There are some areas where I still am very restricted in my range of motion and where it is very painful. Other areas are improving. Do you know that I may need a skin graft? That scares the hell out of me.
I didn't know that. Wow. This has definitely been one hell of a journey with your arms. When are you doing this? I hope it all works out and you have normal range of motion once they do the grafting. Prayers.
I don't know if I will need grafting. That is what some surgeons have said based on my photos and description. I feel like no one on my treatment team is helping me in this, that I am on my own. I don't want to feel alone. This has gone on for too long and it is scary.
I am confused,i thought you stated you had your doctor's support. Not sure why they wouldn't be helpful or supportive. You have us RS women,but i understand we aren't there for you physically. I am sorry you are going through this ordeal alone. I hope you won't need grafting.
I am managing my care and it is not right that I should have to do that.
I agree. That's not cool at all. Take care
I have a call in to my sports medicine doctor and unfortunately I missed the return call from his PA. I have a call scheduled next week with my plastic surgeon. I want to hand this over to them to take care of.
Absolutely fantastic results! Pleased for you x
Thanks! I am glad we can share our wonderful experiences on her and encourage each other and empathize with one another. Have a Good day.
I looked at the pic you posted from May 14 and compared it to your most recent and the difference is really something. They are thinner & look defined. Honestly, I didn't think your arms looked bad and you're so gorgeous anyway! I'm glad you shared your story, it reminds me of my options! Just wondering: Which hand is dominant? May this be the reason why your scars healed more on one side? Do you use any scar treatments? Have a great weekend! :-D