Removing Two Simple Tattoos - Mountain View, CA

I got two Hello Kitty tattoos when I was younger,...

I got two Hello Kitty tattoos when I was younger, that I now do not like anymore. I had my first Picosure laser treatment on 2/28/2014. The tattoos are fairly simple black outlines, with red and yellow here and there. They are located on the front of my hip. The procedure itself hurt so bad! The pain is indescribable, like a hot blade is cutting you :( I had blisters after the procedure, and it was very sensitive for a few days. The tattoo was fully healed after a week. Did not fade as much as I hoped, but will continue.
From what I was told PicoSure is not very good at removing the red ink and you may have to have the Q-Switched laser to help with those areas.... hang in there.. in my opinion, it never hurts as bad as it did the first time... and I have had 11 treatments now , so I can sat that :-) Keep Us posted and good luck,
I hope it gets better! I just had second treatment. It was worse than first lol. But I heard over time it gets better. I didn't kno the q-switched laser is better at removing red. Anyways, thank you :)
Welcome and good luck on your progress!!

Bye bye kitty?

I had my second Picosure laser treatment a couple of days ago (2/28/2014). I was mistaken in the first post. My first laser treatment was on 1/14/14, and my second one was a couple of days ago on the 28th. It was so hard going to this appointment. I was hoping it would hurt less, as I have heard the pain can decrease with subsequent treatments. Its just so hard to willingly drag yourself to the torture chamber…. When I got there she said that the first treatment had not faded my tattoos as much as she would have liked. She told me she would slightly increase the laser intensity to see if we could achieve created fading this time (great!). I could not tell if this treatment hurt more than the first one or not. All I know is that it did NOT hurt less :( The blistering has been more severe with this treatment. It is difficult to bend over or move too much, as this area is very sensitive. Antiseptic cream helps slightly. I think I should have more fading with this treatment, but we shall see. I will update shortly before my third treatment.
hows your tattoo looking now? thanks for sharing!
Just updated. I am getting ready for fourth treatment, tattoo is fading moderately :)
Hi, I have been considering a consultation with the same doctor you're receiving treatment from. Is the cost you've listed ($800) referring to each treatment or the total for both treatments thus far? Thanks.

Ready for fourth treatment...

Ok so I am finally updating again! I have had three treatments so far, and this Friday (5/30) will be my fourth treatment. It seems like my tattoos have faded more, unfortunately this is a really long process. The "good" kitty is taking longer because I had it tattooed over twice. I will post another update after my fourth treatment has healed.
Deborah Freehling