Had No Clue It Would Still Hurt So Much! - Mount Pleasant, SC

Not sleeping well at all. Having to sleep at a 30...

Not sleeping well at all. Having to sleep at a 30 degree angle is hard for a stomach sleeper ... Face is still extremely swollen and suddenly behind my ears hurts ..been 4 days and this just started . Feels like something poking hard behind my ear and also sides of neck hurt now... I am praying the pain and swelling goes away soon....

Pain subsiding, feeling better

ALMOST 5 weeks now… Had to go back twice to have stitches that are coming through the skin removed.. and now, I see another one.. Have an appointment in 3 days so I will just wait to have it removed then. Still NOT even on both sides of chin, and have a small "pocket pouch" thing on same side that needs more work.. :-( was hoping it would all be nice after so much money was spent..Don't have more $ to get this fixed...

almost 6 weeks

At my 5 week apt. I had ANOTHER stitch removed that was coming through the skin. I was then told I have to wait until "6" months to do any "touchups" which is VERY disappointing because I had this done for an event in July (which would be 6 months out)… still have the jawl on one side, and wish they could have done the "filler" under my eyes and in this bad chin wrinkle… don't like this pouch think under the bad jawl either…hope it gets better...

He was nice the day i met him... But he never met with my husband the day of the procedure...he said he would...no call or check on me since procedure at all!!

Goodness ladies! I lost 40 lb three years ago, don't wear makeup, but am in pretty good shape physically. Usually get told I look 50 (I'm 60), but even my nursing-home/dementia mother will look at me and comment on my facial wrinkles! Gotta love her honesty and the beautiful humor of life. I did not inherit her lovely complexion though...bottom line: after reading all of your comments, I've decided to keep my wrinkles and hope mama's around a little longer to notice them!
So Csterling...all you had done in Mt Pleasant SC was a lifestyle lift and they charged you $14K? How is that possible? And you think you will need to spend even more to have it made right? And for this people come from all over and have the additional costs of the hotels? Surely I've gotten a lot of what you said very wrong....grace60
Yes it was painful in the beginning! I felt like someone was strangling me!...of course, I never wear turtlenecks or anything near my neck.. Dr m told me if he dint make it tight I would be mad at him in 6 months!. Well it is 2 1/2 months and sometimes things still hurt and I wonder how this movie stars do it so often. But like having babies...the pain is worth it. The recovery much longer than I realized but each day I look younger so.....l
I am four months out after LSL and my sides of my face are still numb but, does not bother me as I love it...
My stitches dissolved on their own. Can't see any scarring around my ears. Chin scar is fading more every day, but no one really sees it anyway. I will be 65 in April & a man told me yesterday that he thought I was about 52.
I am getting guess at 43-45 and I'm 55. Gotta love it!
C sterling....who was your doctor? When you went back to have stitches removed did the doc do that or another person in the office? And do you know what type fl you had or what the surgical time was? Was this doc in private practice and was the surgery at an outpatient facility? thanks, grace
This was with Doc. "O" in Mt. Pleasant SC. it was in a "Lifestyle lift" office. Nurse in office removed the stitches coming through and I had to have it done 3 different times. I am lucky I live in the same town. People come from HOURS away to get their LSL done here and stay in a hotel. I am sure they can't just hop in the car and drive to get stitches removed!
Who was your doctor? Did you consult with others? grace
My doctor was James Scheu (prounouced Shoy) and he was wonderful. I didn't get a second opinion as my surgeon is board-certified, has no complaints at the board and his previous patients I spoke to loved him. I felt very comfortable with him because he listened to me and I was adamant that I wanted a natural looking result which I got. No one has any idea I've had work done and I look like a well-cared for 45-ish rather that the 55 I am.
Melville, ny. Dr mandarin I did go to one other person and it was More cosrly
You'll be OK, all surgery hurts and faces are sensitive. KEEP ICE ON IT and the other thing that will help a lot is KEEP WEARING YOUR COMPRESSION BANDAGE. I cannot stress that enough. By wearing it at all times for as much as possible for the first 30 days, it helps the swelling and keeps gravity from stressing the internal sutures. I wore mine almost 24/7 and I got a beautiful result. It helped a tremendous amount with the pain and swelling and use that ice belt as much as possible too.
Sorry to hear you're in so much pain. I also live in mt pleasant sc. I've been considering a mini facelift after losing over 130lbs and have loose skin on my face/neck/jawline. I'm young (28) so I think it would be worth it. About how much does it cost?
Hi Sara. mine LSL cost about 6,700 in Beverly Hills, Ca.
6650 out the door in St Louis. Best money I ever spent.
$6650 in St Louis and DO IT!! I lost 104 pound so I had mine done!
The cost depends on how much you get done. At your age a basic LSL is probably all you need.. some of us older gals needed more help, and more help cost more $$… I got the LSL plus eye brown lift, eyelid fix (way too much saggy skin, my eyes looked so closed all the time), and a lazer peel… Lazer peel hurt the worse, but holy cow it made my skin soooo nice… with all I had done the cost was $15,000.00… (OUCH)..
Although my doctor didn't check on me after the procedure, I got a call a couple of weeks later from the OR Technician. He answered all the questions that I had. I had the lower face & neck lift plus the facial peel. The day after my procedure, my head looked as big & round as a pumpkin. My eyes were almost swollen shut. But it didn't last that long. Eight days afterward, I had to drive by myself from Fl. to NC for a family funeral. My face was still reddish, but I can't recall being in pain. A couple of people thought I had windburn or an allergic reaction to something, but no one questioned me. I just kept putting on the Ceptacol (spelled wrong) facial cream. Good luck to you.
My doctor recommended this under make up base in green tint and I was amazed at how it took the "red" look away…I still look red on my upper lip under nose area… hope that goes away soon.
Sorry to hear about the difficult week you're having healing! How are you feeling this weekend?
It will get better. I had really bad pain for about 3 days and then it's just become more like discomfort. My ears area still very sore and I have two swollen lumps behind but it's getting better every day. Good luck to you and fast recovery!
My dr said to massage the spot for 30 sec a day Helped me
Hope you will be better soon. I am almost two months since my LSL. I like to sleep on my stomach too. It only took about a week to start feeling a bit better, The ear thing will fade and the swelling will go down in time. hang in there okay? I still have some pain around my ear now and then but, it is nothing I can't deal with. Marjorie
Sorry that you are having discomfort. We are in the office today despite ther weather and will contact you to help. We are here for you.
I also had pain the first several days, but I guess my tolerance is high because I rarely took any of the pain meds. I also had pain around my ears, but it takes time for it to go away. My procedure was Oct. 29 & took over 2 mo. for it to go away. The numbness around my ears has slowly diminished -- they told me it might take a year. No one ever said the procedure would be painless. I'm very happy with my results & I don't think I went through an excessive amount of pain. As I have said before, the worst of it all was the facial peel: tightness, dryness, itchiness. But my skin looks wonderful now. Just try to be patient because it will get better and you will most likely be very happy you had it done. Good luck.