64 ,arm Lift 3 Days Ago - Mount Kisco, NY

So... My grandmother arms that I had.. didn't...

so... My grandmother arms that I had.. didn't match my face or my lifestyle. I have gained and lost weight over the years but the most was 50 pounds when I was around 59.. so I was surprised that they were as droopy as they were ..but I've never been an excercisor.. so maybe that's why. Anyhow. I had confidence in a plastic surgeon ..having used him when I was 56 .. so I did't have the stress of choosing and deciding. Additionally, his price was acceptable , especially for the Westchester New York area. Not being retired, or having paid vacation, this costs more than it sounds as I can't work for a month. I have a family reuntion July 31 so I have 38 days to be presentable.

Monday morning my doctor drew various lines on my arms, erased, did it again he was happy with his final map. My proceedure involved lipo and then skin removal. . The operating room is in his facility in Mt Kisco and the anestheologist he chose was perfect. Everything you would want in a dr including being good looking. Operating room nurse was great, then later a recovery room nurse. I felt safe and informed.
Two different people called me the evening following the surgery...dr and nurse.
From day one, my dr said he wouldn't be using drains, he uses a technique that I think eliminates the need.
when I woke up from surgery my arms were bandaged and the lower half of my arms looked 98 % normal. I expected swelling or a generalized weirdness, ..no, just a slight bruise where he had the iv in my hand. ( way good btw)
and the only discomfort I felt was in my armpit and it was not severe. The first night? I expected to have a lot of pain which I figured I would manage with hydrocodone. But it was not that way, in my case, I think it could have been managed with tylenol if I couldn't tolerate the stronger meds.. but I could, so I took advantge of it and popped them anyhow ! yeah.
I found turning, getting out of bed requires navigation.. Putting on stretch pants? bra? Lots of stuff difficult with both arms out of commission. as I was in the middle ..in overstretching I pulled out a stitch or two and the next day had to have novacaine ( ouch into the wound) and then a couple of stitches. I found my dr's demeanor very engaging as he viewed my scar placement the next day as he changed the bandages. He was strutting ! he said it was as perfect as he'd wanted it, there was no artificiality in his happy eyes .. he was aiming for dead center of my arm so that when you looked at me from the back or from the front, nothing was visible. and he got it. ( It kind of made me feel this is somewhat less than an exact science and there was a little luck involved !)
while the bandages were off, we took these photographs ad I could see my arms are sigificantly smaller ! yeah.. I did it. DID IT !
that night Tuesday, I had lots of itching. Once you scratch, boy oh boy it gets worse. I still don't know why.. arnica? I am taking a number of supplemnts he recommended, it is hard to get a control factor to find out what it is. I thought antibiotics, but no, because today, third day .. I have it again and I stopped the antibiotics.i Now I'm dropping the oral arnica and I'll see. I'm having an annoying time with my bandages.. did I wrap them too tight that's why itch? Now too lo0se and falling off.
In recent years I am scarring more than I dd when iwas younger. I am concerned about this, but it will take a lot of time to find out how I will scar from this. Pain is minimal. at least with MY GUY !
I'll update this as we go along with healing.

nycgemgodess

well its been 8 days, and it has been uneventful. I had some itching very manageable with topical anti itch stuff from CVS.I will post photos later, one arm is more bruised and more zig-zag than the other however I have complete confidence than when they are healed they will look just fine. This is a good surgeon, I have experience with him, he also at the same time did a scar revision on my face which I did not make mention. Of..but it's looking good.
yesterday my sister had a full facelift and hip liposuction with him today she has the bandages taking off for a little while, and we are both very very happy with this result for her.even with the next day swelling, it's quite obvious that her turkey neck is gone.,..GONE!

2 week update

so far so good with one concern.. , hope this resolves otherwise I will be disappointed.. we'll see..
first:
I think my healing is going fine. I think I am not limited much in what I can do at this time, discomfort is manegeable. the photos look sore, but those dark spots are stitches that are coming out tomorrow.
As I've stated before, these surgeries from what I am seeing in most befores and afters make arms look more normal. more proportionate.
I do not feel as though I have thin arms , they still look a little hefty to me, we all want to go back to when we were 26. but my right arm has a bulging area near top. you can see in photo, ...what I feel when I touch my arm is strange lumps and bumps inside I did not have before. I read that massage will help this, or was it an undercorrection? I don't know
I can't massage it yet as it hurts, but maybe that's a sign it is still swollen. Right now My right arm is larger than left and I never noticed that before. so I'll post again as I go along.
I am glad I did this. At top of the first review I posted unsure.. but so far I am happier than concerned.

stitches came out today; 2 weeks and one day

hey someone told me this wouldn''t hurt ! OUCH ! tonight pretty sore .. dr said I need to wait until Dec to decide if bulge needs more lipo or if it will resolve. it feels lumpy. I think I lost 1.25 in per arm.
I have family reunion in 3 weeks... hope this isn't too scary looking then...
Mount Kisco Plastic Surgeon