silicone implant removal - Mooresville, NC

My name is Barbara Muller in 1979 I had the...

My name is Barbara Muller in 1979 I had the implants done .I am 59 years old.They need to come out.They are getting to a point where they may threaten my health. I have no insurance or job.I live in Troutman N.C. I was wondering if ANYONE knew of any place or
Docotrs that may be able to help..me

If they are Dow Corning you have until june2, 2014 to prove it for 5,000 from them. After 30 years and a surgeon that fled the country( took or destroyed all records), I do not have records? Do you? I have been researching & once removed a picture of the implants and a note from the ex planting doctor saying they are dow corning implants(assuming somewhere on them is an identifying symbol or number. You can get money back if DC product, which most were years ago. I know that does not solve the upfront money issue! I will have to charge it myself! And hope the implant is D.C. So I can get $ back. This site is helping me back that decision & tomorrow I am calling for a free consultation appointment. Blessings that a door will open for you!
Hi Barbara, sorry you're in such a mess. I've been there plenty of times myself, I'm 62 and got my first set (saline) in 1999 and then went bigger in 2009. I managed to get a credit card with no interest for 15 months and that is what paid for my explant, now I have to pay it off. I live on Social Security but I'm married and will be able to do that hopefully in 15 months, it was $2210. I read someplace that sometimes hospitals connected with a university, teaching hospitals do them for free or for very little. I'm sure there is a waiting line, I live in San Antonio, TX where we have UTSA. Sounds like you got some other good suggestions too. Prayers are with you, I know how it feels to want the darn things out and gone. God Bless.
I paid for mine on a credit card, and then submitted the paperwork to Medicare for (hopefully) some reimbursement...we'll see. I didn't have a choice, as they had to come out. Age 66, implants (orig) 35 years...good luck to you!
Dr. Lewis F. Brinton

He did the augmentation but is now deceased. Last time I saw him was around 2000. All my records of the procedure and treatments have been destroyed.