Rhinoplasty and Chin (Revision Needed?) - Montreal, Quebec

Well, I've been wanting to fix the hump on my...

Well, I've been wanting to fix the hump on my nose and the bulbous tip for a looong time. I feel I've let it control my life in some ways. It really takes a toll on my self esteem. This past year I've put my education on the back burner and I've been working my touchy off at an awful call center job. I've finally raised enough money to go through with it. Yay! I've done all my research and I've picked a doctor. Now I'm going under the knife in 3 weeks! During the consultation, my doctor and I agreed that we wouldn't touch the tip of my nose, only the bridge. Now I'm starting to have second thoughts. I think I would regret missing out on this chance to make it less bulbous. I would really appreciate a second opinion from you guys. What do you think?

3 days before surgery. I'm getting pretty excited,...

3 days before surgery. I'm getting pretty excited, but at the same time it doesn't seem real. I'm going through my check list to make sure I have everything I need. Its so hard to just sit back and wait.

Today is the day! I don't think I'm as nervous as...

Today is the day! I don't think I'm as nervous as I should be. Maybe it will hit when I get there. Right now I'm just kind of hungry XD

This is day 2 after surgery. Yesterday, the day of...

This is day 2 after surgery. Yesterday, the day of surgery was pretty rough. We were told to arrive at 11:30 for surgery at 12:00, but the doctor was running super late. I only got into surgery around 2:00 or so and it was about 5:30 when I got out.
Seeing as I had been fasting, my blood sugar was quite low, and I almost past out quite a few times, but it the same time I didn't want to eat anything cause I was feeling nauseous. Finally I drank an ensure and collapsed in bed.
I woke up this morning feeling a thousand times better. Only minimal pain so far. Watched a few movies, did some homework saw my boyfriend who brought me flowers and chocolate for V day which was sweet of him.
So far from what I can see with the bandages on, the nose is looking good, no more hump visible. I'm a bit more concerned about the chin implant. I'm worried it's not placed in the right spot and/or isnt big enough. Right now there is obviously still plenty of swelling, so I will wait for that to die down before I start to panic.

I've been unable to update for awhile seeing as my...

I've been unable to update for awhile seeing as my internet decided to go down in the crucial moments. Its still not quite fixed. Thankfully a nice friend allowed me to use hers so I can finally give you guys a quick update.

The surgery went super well. I dont think I was nearly as sedated as I should have been, but it was a good show. XD

The week of healing went by really slowly, and I couldnt stop worrying about the outcome(as I'm sure many of you have experienced)

Tuesday, my PS popped off the cast, picked my nose and introduced me to myself. It was the weirdest thing. It was me but it wasn't. I think I was actually in shock. I couldnt stop laughing at my face. On the car ride home, every time I would catch my reflection, I wouldnt be able to stop myself from laughing. I'm sure my mother thought I was insane.

When we got back I took a long shower, put on some makeup and stood in front of the mirror for a long while. I really loved my new face that day. It was everything I wanted. In subsequent days though, (I've definitely been staring at myself too much) I've been finding little things I dont like. There is a small bump on one side that sticks out a bit, and generally I'm worried it tooks like a 'nose job' nose.

Anywho, its still a million times better than it was. I'll be sure to post photos as soon as I can. I would love to see what you all think. :)

Its 4 days after cast removal. I'm still not sure...

Its 4 days after cast removal. I'm still not sure if I love it. I'm trying not to think about it too much, atleast until most of the swelling is gone. The chin is amazing though, and so fun to stroke. I've finally uploaded some photos. I'd love your honest opinions.

Its been about 3 month since surgery. Everything...

Its been about 3 month since surgery. Everything is pretty much healed and the swelling is gone. I still have a bit of redness under my chin where the incision was. Hopefully that will turn white soon.

I've noticed that there is a bit of a bump on the bridge of my nose now. Its a really sharp bump and its too low to look like a doral hump, so it doesn't look natural at all. It feels like bone. Its visible from the front too. It presses against my skin and makes a white spot.

Do you think I need a revision?

On Wednesday the 22nd I went back to my surgeon...

On Wednesday the 22nd I went back to my surgeon for a 6 month check-up. Overall it went pretty well. He sat me down at started poking at my nose. I was a little stressed about how to address the issue of the bump, so when he brought it up I was relieved. I'd heard horror stories of how some surgeons refuse to admit there is any problem, but that definitely wasn't the case.

He told me it was because I have very thin skin, and on anyone with thicker skin it wouldn't have shown. I asked him about the cost and he said I would just have to pay the one time use items such as needles, medications and all those lovely things. That would amount to about 500$ before tax. Not exactly pocket change, but still less than I was expecting.

The surgery itself will be less invasive (he will only need to cut one side) so it won't take as much of a toll on my body in terms of recovery, but I'll still have to wear that awful cast for a week. I'm starting school again in September, so I'm not really sure when I'll be able to fit the surgery in. It may have to wait until the winter holidays, unless I decide I'm brave enough to wear that cast on my nose around campus. :P

Of course, I'm not thrilled I'll have to go in for a revision, but it happens. I'm just looking forward to having it fixed and out of mind :)

P.S.
Thanks for all the comments and well wishes. I try to keep it brief and to the point in these updates, but if you have any questions please feel free to ask away.

I would really like to see your "before" chin profile pic, if you have one -- I'm also considering a chin implant. Your nose looks beautiful, not at all like a "nose job nose"!
I have something very similar. My skin is also extremely thin and there's a small bump on one side of the bridge that shows up as a white bump through my skin. I am 4 months postop. I guess for me we are waiting to see if it changes anymore but if not it will have to be filed down. It's like I have a spike on my nose....sorry you have to go through this, but I'm a bit jealous your surgeon is fixing it soon! I have to wait. Good luck :)
So how'd it go with the followup? After the minor revision, I think it will look so pretty. I'd also be curious to know who your surgeon is.
The follow up went pretty well. I'll add to the review with the details, thanks for the reminder. My surgeon is Dr. Samaha.
Who was you're doctor, im from montreal and im trying to find a good surgeon for a nose job
I chose Dr. Samaha because he seemed the most credentialled.
that's ashame it looks PERFECT except for that - did you talk to the surgeon?
Thanks XD I'm going to see him in August I believe. I'll have to live with it for a bit.
I think you look great! I can see what you mean with the little bump but maybe that will go away with time. Was it there when your cast was first removed? I would say talk to your doctor and see if it's something that will go away. It's so small though and barely noticeable. I would wait at least a few more months before going back in for a revision. You look so pretty!!! I hope mine turns out as well as yours did. :)
Aww thanks :D It feels like bone, but I'll see what he says about it when I see him. It wasn't visble at first because of the swelling. I hope you're right about it not being too noticeble. I'm sure you will have great results!
hello

maybe when you see dr S ask him if he could just rasp this little hump, yes it looks a bit strange but talk to him and i'm sure he's going to do a revision for this problem.
good luck and when you see him, keep us posted.
bye
I'm supposed to see him sometime in August. Hopefully it wont be too hard to fix. I'll let you guys know what happens.
Chin, but why?
I had a weak chin. I think it's a great improvement.
I'm wondering who your surgeon was?? i'm from montreal too and am looking for a rihnoplasty surgeon and your new nose looks great, congrats!
WOW, you look stunning! Gorgeous, so happy for you!!! Can't wait to get mine done, Hrmm!!! ahhah still happy for you though :))) Your surgeon did a fantastic job.

You look lovely! Seriously. So fresh and feminine and pretty! I hope you feel that way, too. From here you look flawless.

Hi I'm brand new here and this is my first post lol but I had to just buzz in and tell you how amazing you look! The after pics are great, seriously you look like a princess!
Wow you look fantastic! There is still swelling around your nose so it will settle down yet. So excited for you!! :D
Thanks a lot. Well let see, it was 8 days after surgery when the cast came off. I honestly didnt do anything in particular even though I'm a redhead so I tend to bruise more easily. It was another 2-3 days before the yellowing under my eyes went away. Nothing a little concealer cant fix ;)
How many days after surgery was your cast removed, and what did you take for bruising? You look great so I want to do the same.
It looks great! Give it a couple weeks, and you'll love it even more!
Thanks, I'm sure you are right :)
You look so beautiful! Don't doubt it for a sec! It looks good and natural!
Thats great to hear, thank you :)