Rhinoplasty and Chin (Revision Needed?) - Montreal, Quebec

Well, I've been wanting to fix the hump on my...

Well, I've been wanting to fix the hump on my nose and the bulbous tip for a looong time. I feel I've let it control my life in some ways. It really takes a toll on my self esteem. This past year I've put my education on the back burner and I've been working my touchy off at an awful call center job. I've finally raised enough money to go through with it. Yay! I've done all my research and I've picked a doctor. Now I'm going under the knife in 3 weeks! During the consultation, my doctor and I agreed that we wouldn't touch the tip of my nose, only the bridge. Now I'm starting to have second thoughts. I think I would regret missing out on this chance to make it less bulbous. I would really appreciate a second opinion from you guys. What do you think?

I agree, your tip looks lovely. But if it bothers YOU, you should discuss what your surgeon can do for you. Is your doctor board certified by ASPS and ASAPS and a rhino specialist? Super important!

hi well what i see in ur pics u have no problem in ur front view ur nose looks so normal and beautiful in that veiw ur tip is not bulbous at all i surprised when u said u hate that bolbous tip!!!!!!! it doesnt need to be done u only need to correct the profile view and shave down that hump that's all what u need by the way u r so pretty even with that hump best of luck
You are so sweet, thanks a bunch! I appreciate the reassurance ;)

3 days before surgery. I'm getting pretty excited,...

3 days before surgery. I'm getting pretty excited, but at the same time it doesn't seem real. I'm going through my check list to make sure I have everything I need. Its so hard to just sit back and wait.

Good luck tomorrow!
Just had my rhinoplasty on February 10th and it went smoothly. No pain just like a bad cold afterwards with congestion. You will do great. I was so nervous, but it was a breeze. Good luck!
Good luck! bet you are so excited, im sure you will be fine :)

Today is the day! I don't think I'm as nervous as...

Today is the day! I don't think I'm as nervous as I should be. Maybe it will hit when I get there. Right now I'm just kind of hungry XD

Thanks a bunch :)
Thanks for the tips! I hope you are healing well.
Thanks, I'll keep you posted :)

This is day 2 after surgery. Yesterday, the day of...

This is day 2 after surgery. Yesterday, the day of surgery was pretty rough. We were told to arrive at 11:30 for surgery at 12:00, but the doctor was running super late. I only got into surgery around 2:00 or so and it was about 5:30 when I got out.
Seeing as I had been fasting, my blood sugar was quite low, and I almost past out quite a few times, but it the same time I didn't want to eat anything cause I was feeling nauseous. Finally I drank an ensure and collapsed in bed.
I woke up this morning feeling a thousand times better. Only minimal pain so far. Watched a few movies, did some homework saw my boyfriend who brought me flowers and chocolate for V day which was sweet of him.
So far from what I can see with the bandages on, the nose is looking good, no more hump visible. I'm a bit more concerned about the chin implant. I'm worried it's not placed in the right spot and/or isnt big enough. Right now there is obviously still plenty of swelling, so I will wait for that to die down before I start to panic.

Hello

Give us some news!! How is your nose, do you like it?? I want to know how are you! bye
Hope you're doing well! My op is on Friday so you're a few days ahead of me. Keep us posted :-)
Glad surgery went alright. When I had my cast on, I was over analyzing everything. Try not to think about it until the cast comes off and the swelling has gone down. Good luck!

I've been unable to update for awhile seeing as my...

I've been unable to update for awhile seeing as my internet decided to go down in the crucial moments. Its still not quite fixed. Thankfully a nice friend allowed me to use hers so I can finally give you guys a quick update.

The surgery went super well. I dont think I was nearly as sedated as I should have been, but it was a good show. XD

The week of healing went by really slowly, and I couldnt stop worrying about the outcome(as I'm sure many of you have experienced)

Tuesday, my PS popped off the cast, picked my nose and introduced me to myself. It was the weirdest thing. It was me but it wasn't. I think I was actually in shock. I couldnt stop laughing at my face. On the car ride home, every time I would catch my reflection, I wouldnt be able to stop myself from laughing. I'm sure my mother thought I was insane.

When we got back I took a long shower, put on some makeup and stood in front of the mirror for a long while. I really loved my new face that day. It was everything I wanted. In subsequent days though, (I've definitely been staring at myself too much) I've been finding little things I dont like. There is a small bump on one side that sticks out a bit, and generally I'm worried it tooks like a 'nose job' nose.

Anywho, its still a million times better than it was. I'll be sure to post photos as soon as I can. I would love to see what you all think. :)

I had the same exact reaction as you when I got my cast off. Not happy, not upset, just shocked. I didn't laugh, but it was definitely weird to me, and I felt like everyone knew I had a nose job nose. About a week later or so, I fell in love with it, and now I can't even picture what it used to look like.
Everything is going amazingly. I'm pretty sure I like it lol. Of course there is still loads of swelling, but its definitely an improvement :)
Thanks, I wish you the best of luck tomorrow!

Its 4 days after cast removal. I'm still not sure...

Its 4 days after cast removal. I'm still not sure if I love it. I'm trying not to think about it too much, atleast until most of the swelling is gone. The chin is amazing though, and so fun to stroke. I've finally uploaded some photos. I'd love your honest opinions.

Chin, but why?
I'm wondering who your surgeon was?? i'm from montreal too and am looking for a rihnoplasty surgeon and your new nose looks great, congrats!
WOW, you look stunning! Gorgeous, so happy for you!!! Can't wait to get mine done, Hrmm!!! ahhah still happy for you though :))) Your surgeon did a fantastic job.

Its been about 3 month since surgery. Everything...

Its been about 3 month since surgery. Everything is pretty much healed and the swelling is gone. I still have a bit of redness under my chin where the incision was. Hopefully that will turn white soon.

I've noticed that there is a bit of a bump on the bridge of my nose now. Its a really sharp bump and its too low to look like a doral hump, so it doesn't look natural at all. It feels like bone. Its visible from the front too. It presses against my skin and makes a white spot.

Do you think I need a revision?

So how'd it go with the followup? After the minor revision, I think it will look so pretty. I'd also be curious to know who your surgeon is.
Who was you're doctor, im from montreal and im trying to find a good surgeon for a nose job
that's ashame it looks PERFECT except for that - did you talk to the surgeon?

On Wednesday the 22nd I went back to my surgeon...

On Wednesday the 22nd I went back to my surgeon for a 6 month check-up. Overall it went pretty well. He sat me down at started poking at my nose. I was a little stressed about how to address the issue of the bump, so when he brought it up I was relieved. I'd heard horror stories of how some surgeons refuse to admit there is any problem, but that definitely wasn't the case.

He told me it was because I have very thin skin, and on anyone with thicker skin it wouldn't have shown. I asked him about the cost and he said I would just have to pay the one time use items such as needles, medications and all those lovely things. That would amount to about 500$ before tax. Not exactly pocket change, but still less than I was expecting.

The surgery itself will be less invasive (he will only need to cut one side) so it won't take as much of a toll on my body in terms of recovery, but I'll still have to wear that awful cast for a week. I'm starting school again in September, so I'm not really sure when I'll be able to fit the surgery in. It may have to wait until the winter holidays, unless I decide I'm brave enough to wear that cast on my nose around campus. :P

Of course, I'm not thrilled I'll have to go in for a revision, but it happens. I'm just looking forward to having it fixed and out of mind :)

P.S.
Thanks for all the comments and well wishes. I try to keep it brief and to the point in these updates, but if you have any questions please feel free to ask away.

I would really like to see your "before" chin profile pic, if you have one -- I'm also considering a chin implant. Your nose looks beautiful, not at all like a "nose job nose"!
I have something very similar. My skin is also extremely thin and there's a small bump on one side of the bridge that shows up as a white bump through my skin. I am 4 months postop. I guess for me we are waiting to see if it changes anymore but if not it will have to be filed down. It's like I have a spike on my nose....sorry you have to go through this, but I'm a bit jealous your surgeon is fixing it soon! I have to wait. Good luck :)
The follow up went pretty well. I'll add to the review with the details, thanks for the reminder. My surgeon is Dr. Samaha.