Something I Wanted for a Long Time Ago! - Montreal, QC

Since I was 12 or 13, I hated my nose. Big, with a...

Since I was 12 or 13, I hated my nose. Big, with a bump and a bulbous tip, I can say it has absolutely nothing feminine. I inherited this nose from my mother, who got it fixed in 1980, before my birth. So, I had the idea in mind to get a rhinoplasty for a long time ago, but I finally decided in January to proceed. I am 28 now, and I have many years left in front of me to live with this nose. I had the money and the motivation for it. I needed to do some research about a doctor, and I also wanted to pick one of the best. Didn't want to screw with something as important as a nose in the middle of my face!

A couple days later, I finally fell on the website of Dr. Mark Samaha, a specialized facial plastic surgeon, and I looked upon the reviews he got from rhinoplasties patients. They were almost all 100% positive. It convainced me into setting an appointment with him. I met this doctor on April 5th and I ended up scheduling my surgery on June 27th. He answered my questions, going even further and he was somewhat friendly, laughing at my jokes (maybe I was really funny? Don't know! hehe).

At this point, I couldn't wait for June to come.

Five days post op and getting cast removed tomorrow

I can honestly say that I have been feeling great these past two days. My nose is still dripping a little (mix of fluid and blood but mostly clear fluid). My doctor put some cotton packing stuff in my nose while operating, so I could not breathe at all throught my nostrils; but one of these cotton got out this PM, while I accidentally snooze. I immediately felt some relief. Nights are ok, I'm able to sleep well enough, breathing throught the mouth though. Using lots of Lypsil!

The worst was to be unable to taste anything I ate since the surgery, but now swelling is fading away and it's better.

About the recovery, which I wish I thought about writing the progress here before, was not so bad. However, I got dizzy at the end of the day and was experiencing some hot flashes, probably because I couldn't breathe well. Also, I'm getting tired pretty easily - it is 8 p.m. and probably will go to bed after I post this update!

I'm really happy about the fact that except the cheek swelling, I didn't get any big and dark circles under the eyes. As of today, my face is almost normal, even if I assume there will be some more swelling once the cast will be removed tomorrow PM.

Yesterday, I finally got out of my house and it was weird to drive with my glasses fixed atop of the cast. Funny looking! I miss the call my surgeon did, he wanted to know if I was doing fine. I think it is very professional!

Cast has been removed yesterday! Result beyond my expectations so far.

And I'm really happy!

Althought there is a lot of swelling, I couldn't wish better. I still look like me.
My surgeon said he worked a lot on the tip and cartilage, and I know he's right, since I saw every little bit of cartilage coming out when I got my surgery.

So, a nurse removed the cast yesterday p.m. and handed me two mirrors. I was a little bit shocked at the beginning, because I was getting used to my face with a cast on! Then I really saw my new nose. Then, Dr. Samaha came in to take a look inside the nostrils, checking out for proper healing. He also removed some crusts that were in there, I felt some relief after. He made sure he wouldn't hurt me.

So far, my tip is very sensitive and tense, I'm having some pain which I guess is normal. I feel pressure on my nose. Also, I absolutely need an effective exfoliation! I have lots of black heads after 6 days under a cast. Crusts in there are a little bit annoying, but I'll give time them time to heal. This is not much of a concern after the surgery, in my opinion! :)

I will post some more updates in the next days, about the healing and swelling. Thanks for reading!

8 days post op

Another picture to show you my new profile. I'm thrilled!!!!
Swelling appears most in front pictures, so I enjoy this one so much as it don't look bad at all!
Now, when I will put some effort in my hair/makeup, it will WORTH IT!

Same picture but...

Just a quick comparison between before/after. Easier to see the difference this way I think than scrolling up to the top of the page!

Some news!

I'm feeling great. I'm having noticeable pain to the tip, though. I also saw under a certain angle that my nostrils are not perfectly symetrical. BUT, after getting a little nervous about it, I searched my computer for before pictures. I realized that they were not symetrical either. I also think it's impossible for a surgeon to fix everything, and swelling may help into producing this asymetrical effect for sure.
The inside of my nose is still healing, I will be happy the day those "crusts" will leave forever!

I took some front pictures but I'm never satisfied with those. Swelling makes is so weird! Also, major changes are most visible on profile or 3/4 angle. I don't find myself very photogenic, but since rhinoplasty, I never enjoyed my profile so much, this is what counts!

New pictures

Hi there!
I have took some recent pictures from different angles yesterday. I'm loving the profile and the 3/4 view. From the front, which was not really a big problem before, we do not see major changes. However, my tip is hard, barely moving, the skin is tense, all this means there is still much swelling. It feels bigger than before, but I know it's temporary.
I am still having - not a huge nose - but somewhat big, but it fits better my face than before. I would not have recognized myself in the mirror if it was changed too much by the surgery.

What do you think about the new pictures?

Almost 4 months post op!

Seriously, I'm more than satisfied with the result of my surgery. It's natural and it really brought harmony to my face. Today, even if the tip has improved a lot concerning swelling and the way I can "move" it, I know there will still be improvement in the next months. And I'm more than happy about it, since I know that the tip will become even more defined than now.

I gained so much confidence since I got my surgery, it is hard to believe at what point a major flaw in your face can bring your confidence down. Now, when I look at "old" pictures - well, pictures before the end of June, I can't believe that was me. I don't even recognize myself, I was looking so severe at that time!

A little update!

I'll be brief!
This picture has been taken last month, so let's say it's about 10 months post-op. As of today, I am almost completely satisfied with my nose, it was totally worth it!!
It changed me - I gained confidence and now, I don't feel anymore that it's a waste of time to wear makeup and to arrange my hair!
Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon

Gifted surgeon. Experienced, reassuring and warm. I felt immediately at ease with him.