Sweating returned - somewhat

The treatment was incredibly painful. I had a...

The treatment was incredibly painful. I had a reaction that they'd seen before with Miradry but in rare cases. The reaction is EXTREME pain (identical to someone pouring boiling water over both pits - no joke) that begins as soon as the lidocaine wears off and stays about 48 hours. This is accompanied by both pits swelling to the size of large grapefruits (again not exaggerating). The fluid accumulation is so extreme (1+ litres under each pit extending around the rib cage) that it looked dangerous. I ended up in the ER 12 hours after the first treatment. They could do nothing for the swelling but gave codeine for the pain. It took 150mg of codeine plus various other painkillers to dull the pain enough that sleep was possible.

This repeated the second time around too. After both treatments I took a long time to heal with lumps lasting up to 3 months and loss of nerve sensation that's only going away slowly 6 months out.

You'd think with that amount of damage I'd at least be sweat free. Nope. I'm soaking my underarms just walking to work. And I'm 32, athletic, white skin, normal height and weight. Sweating has reduced a bit but there remains clearly enough glands after 2 nuclear-bomb strength treatments to soak me if they're in the mood. Not sure about this treatment - there are clearly some issues to work out.
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Khanna was fine! I can't fault him or his staff one bit. My reaction seems to be pretty rare, so I wouldn't use my case as a reason to decide "against" MiraDry by any means. The fact is that it does work very well for almost everyone, and even my case had significant results. Certainly my underarms are not my main sweat concern any more... and that's something because that's the most embarassing part of hyperhidrosis.