48 Years Old, Botched Labiaplasty by Gynecologist - Montreal, QC

I've waited for years to get this procedure done,...

I've waited for years to get this procedure done, but I was too shy to shop around and find the right surgeon. The first place that came in handy due to the proximity to my workplace. I thought I could just go for the procedure and return to the office without anybody knowing, except my husband who was supportive and provided the money for it. The surgeon ended up to be a only gynecologist, not a plastic surgeon, who went to California to learn the trim procedure using laser. He doesn't do the wedge method. Anyway, as I hated the dark color of my labia contour, I went for it. I had a lot of tissue but I ended up with barely a bit on one side. I have no labia left. I was in shock and the doctor apologized to me saying 1 of 10 of these surgeries do not succeed and I was the one. I was in disbelief and got depressed. Anyway the doctor reimbursed me for most of the surgery cost. But this did not compensate my loss. I'm disfigured down there. Since then, I consulted 2 real plastic surgerons who have expertise for years in labiaplasty procedures. Both of them said there is no much left tissue to work with except the clit hood flaps and a small piece around the vagina but each one of them proposed a different way to compensate the missing segment of 3 cm of tissue, one by using the hood tissue and strtch it to attach it to the lower bit of remaining piece to tissue, and the other by using what plastic surgeons use as V-Y method normally used on the skin, not on mucus. It's a first in the revision of botched labiaplasty world.. I'm still thinking about this proposed solution but there is no guarantee it will work and heal as on the outer skin. I would appreciate any feedback in this regard..

Photos today

Here are 2 photos of how it looks today (12 months after surgery).
Anonymous

Doctor was easy to communicate with but has no expertise in labiaplasty methods being a gynaecologist, not a plastic surgeon. On top, I haven't seen him at all after the surgery! The nurse saw me and I was discharged an hour later.