17, Saving Up for a Nose Job, and Trying to Find the Right Doctor. - Montgomery, AL

So, right now I'm looking for a rhinoplasty...

So, right now I'm looking for a rhinoplasty surgeon. I'm 17 and currently working two jobs to save up for this nose job. I wouldn't go under 5,000 but I don't want to go over 8,000. I wouldn't mind going over 8,000 if I can save up enough money by next year or if I get it done nearby. I live in Alabama, but I am expecting to travel to get it done. I've been thinking about Grigoryants but I think he goes over 8,000? I heard he gives a student discount though and I will be getting it done the summer before I go to college so maybe I would be eligible? Please comment below if you have any suggestions because I really don't know of many rhinoplasty surgeon and the internet is flooded with them. Don't know where to start.

More photos and dr. Richard Davis

More photos. And I really like Dr. Richard Davis before and after photos! I don't know about his pricing though? Any one have any experience with him?

Do all surgeons have fake reviews?

Almost every surgeon I was really interested in turned out to have some fake reviews. There were some really positive real reviews about them and no bad ones (which might be from them like blocking them or something?) The fake reviews really makes me weary of them though. I don't think a trustworthy surgeon would do that, but all the ones I was interested in have done it! Mainly dr. grigroyants which has AMAZING B/A and is exactly what I'm looking for (besides the price is a little high but worth it as long as I can save up enough) Should I still have him as my number one pick even if there were some fake reviews by him on the Make Me Heal message boards??

Extra costs?

Oh another things I'm wondering about is the extra costs. Apart from surgery, how much should I expect to pay when traveling for rhinoplasty? Will probably go to California for it. Hotels and everything!

Second thoughts about getting it so soon

So I'm not sure if I really need it done as soon as I'm 18. Maybe 19 or 20 will be fine?? I would like to get it done ASAP but I'm thinking about going back into public high school instead of homeschooling (switched so I could work more to save up for the rhinoplasty) which means I couldn't save up as much. I know once I'm in college I can save up enough because of the GI Bill I'm getting from my dad will give me enough money to get a nose job (thank goodness) I just dont wanna go into college with a nose like mine. I'm not sure what I'll do.

Why do people try to make you change your mind? I can tell you that I understand your feelings as I had my second nose job done a month ago. I love the final result even though it is a bit swollen and I would do it again and again and again. I wish you the best! The only thing is you shouldn't bother about money. Good luck from London :)
I'm not sure but I totally value their opinions and I'm grateful for everyone who comments and tries to help. Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from! Congrats on your successful rhinoplasty!!! (:
you have a pic up of kim k and her nose is way too small and ugly for her face, she looked better before her nose job in my opinion... I think people who already have small nice noses who get nose jobs end up looking weird after nose jobs.. honestly You might ruin your beautiful nose and face by going for a surgury that is so uneeded.
I agree with you stayroxy about Kim K's nose. I've always thought it was too small.
It is rather small but I really like smaaaaall noses with a slope. Thank you! Not for sure if I'm going to get it done so soon anymore..
I think you are young and Beautiful! I personally like your nose. I like the side views and front.
YW! Happy wednesday!
Your nose is naturally pretty. But if you insist on some changes go visit Vladmir Grigoryants' site and see his rhinoplasty results they're absolutely amazing and I'm willing to do my surgery with him. Here's his site www.vgplasticsurgery.com go to before and afters then choose rhinoplasty :)
Yes I love his before and afters!! Never seen any as good as his. Thank you dear. (:
Oh my gosh you are so pretty and I really love your nose!
Thanks so much Hun (:
I agree with Faith2012. Do tons and tons of research (it sounds like you already are). Here's a list of questions to ask at consultations.

You are absolutely gorgeous. I wish your beauty was a little clearer to you, but I also understand wanting a rhinoplasty. It sounds like you're approaching this with a very mature attitude and good head on your shoulders.

Please keep us posted!
Thank you so much! (: you're very kind.
You're only 17. I think it's good that you're saving money now but please take it slowly. I'd definitely give it a few more years and wait until I'm 20-something to see if I still feel the same way about my nose then (which is what I did). Also, as all the other people have said, your nose looks great and I think it suits your face.
I think you are right. Maybe I should wait until I'm like 21?? I'm just an impatient person haha. Thank you! (:
you know, you never know if your surgeos review is real untill you see/talk to his patients thats why i went about 2/3 hours earlier to my appointment just to see his patients.
Ohh that's such a great idea! Thanks. Will definitely do that. (:
I reckon leave your nose alone you look hot, as is. ( from a guys opinion) :)
Thank you so much! (:
Okay so now I just looked at your photos after posting my comment (I only read your words, ignored the photos). Personally I don't see you needing any work done, I think your nose looks near perfect. We're just our own worst critic I feel. I feel if you still insist on going through with a rhinoplasty, be very wary of a surgeon who seems overly excited to work on you. I feel there isn't really any room to improve upon your nose, it looks that great. So any surgeon who wants to make some money would quickly jump on a sale and work on you. A more reserved surgeon may be hesitant because he may see that there isn't much room to make your face look any prettier and the outcome would not be worth the risk of surgery. So if you are going to pick a surgeon and do this, at least get one who isn't jumping at the bit to want to up and get the surgery done for the sake of one more sale. I dunno if this advice makes any sense but take your time and listen to your inner self on this. This could end up being a life changing decision for you.
That's amazing advice. Thanks so much!! (: yeah I think I am going with dr. Grigoryants but I will see how it is talking with him first and everything. Thank you again!
Throw price out the window. I would not consider price when shopping for a rhinoplasty. Nor would I go with the most expensive thinking they are the best because they charge the most. Look at it like this: It may take you years to pay off that rhinoplasty loan, but you WILL wear the work that was done on your face for the rest of your life. If the best surgeon for you happens to be under 8K, great! If not but your gut feeling tells you that such and such is the right surgeon for you but the cost is over 8K. then I would say go for it. Because if you put a cost on a rhinoplasty and you go to a doctor specifically because he is less expensive, you may end up paying more if the surgery is not done how you want it. And then you may need a revision and that will cost even more to perform. Do all the research you can and then when it comes time to pick a surgeon, do not look at price but pick a surgeon with whom you feel will give you the outcome you want. And if the price is right, great. If not, hey what is paying an extra year or two on a loan for having to wear the face you have and being HAPPY with the outcome for the REST of your life?