5 weeks post-op (Tummy tuck, MR & Lipo flanks) Monterey, CA

I strength train, yoga, hike, spin and eat clean....

I strength train, yoga, hike, spin and eat clean. I'm in shape, however, I'm not happy with the loose skin and fat on my belly. I'm ready for it to be gone! My surgery date is June 26th. I will have a tummy tuck, muscle repair and some lipo. Dr. Goldberg is the best in the area and I can't wait to see my results. Will post pics soon!

Pre-Op is Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is my pre-op appointment. I'm 9 days away from surgery. I snapped this photo tonight while shopping at the Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale. Didn't buy too much because I want to wait and see how clothes fit with my new shape. :-)

Pre-Op

I had my pre-op appt this morning. I signed a bunch of scary paperwork (you know, the paperwork about all the risks of surgery). The nurse went over my list of meds and when I need to take them. Now I just sit and wait for the hospital to call with my surgery time. 8 more days....

Surgery Day!

It's over! I survived. :-) I arrived at the hospital this morning at 6:15 and surgery was at 7:30 am. I came home with a catheter, pain pump and drain. I'm not in pain, just uncomfortable. Will update more later when I'm not so sleepy.

Day 1 Recovery

Here's my first pic from post surgery.

First look of new tummy

Nurse stopped by my house to change out gauze, refill my pain pump and took out catheter. I got to see my new tummy today. Scar is a little longer than what I expected, but I'm sure it'll look great once it fades.

Day 2 Post-Op

Yesterday evening was a little rough. Today has been much better. My friend spent the day with me watching movies. My husband washed my hair tonight and that made me feel 100% better! :-) I still have my pain pump and drain in. I'm taking my pain medicine (Norco) every 5-6 hours. I'm not draining out very much. My doc said it's because he used a lot of stitches. He called today to check on me and I see him in the morning at his office.

Day 3 Post-Op

It's Sunday and my doctor had me visit his office. He took my 2 stitches out and refilled my pain pump. I'm still very swollen. Feeling a little better each day! My pain pump and drain come out in 3 days.

5 Days Post-Op

Tonight is my last night with my drain and pain pump. Yay! I will feel more normal once they are gone. I've noticed the swelling has gone down a little in my abdomen.

Adios pain pump and drain!

I feel more normal now that my pain pump and drain are gone. YAY! I woke up this morning feeling my best since my surgery. I'm taking it day by day! :-)

Week 1 Post-Op

I've made it to my first week post-op! Feeling pretty good other than being swollen and sore. I see my doctor again on Monday. Happy 4th of July weekend to everyone! :-)

Severe Itching from Lipo

It's 2:30 am and I can't sleep! My right side/hip is itching like CRAZY! Anyone else experience this? I'm so miserable.

10 days post-op

Left side of pic was day 3 and right side is day 10. I felt AMAZING today. I have an ant infestation in my kitchen. I cleaned out my pantry (with my daughter's help). Maybe a little too much for me to do just yet. I was very careful, but can feel the swelling increase. :-/

Almost 2 weeks since surgery!

Left pic week 1 and right pic is week 2. I'm starting to see results as swelling is gradually decreasing. Soooo exciting!! I saw my doc on Monday. I had a little fluid buildup that he had to drain. He says I'm looking great! I can now get my incision wet. Last night was my first real shower and it felt AMAZING! I didn't want to get out. I'm starting to put aquaphor on my incision. I see my doc again next Monday. Hoping I can start scar therapy soon! Happy healing, everyone! :-)

2 weeks post-op

2 weeks since surgery. Time has flown by! I'm starting to do a little more and more each day. It causes me to swell by evening. Dang! :-/

3 weeks post-op!!

I'm feeling better and better each day. I went grocery shopping for the first time the other day and it wore me out! I'm still taking it easy. I see my PS on Monday. Hoping to start scar therapy this week and I should be cleared to exercise next week.

Cleared for exercising!

I saw my PS this morning. He cleared me for exercising. I'm looking good. He took pics today of front and sides. Didn't discuss scar therapy with me. He did mention that he would be lasering the scar at 6 months post-op. I've been seeing him weekly, but I will see him again in 4 weeks (unless I'm having any problems). Will post new pics tonight.

4 weeks post-op today!

Wow! I can't believe my surgery was a month ago. It's been an amazing journey. It's neat seeing my transformation from week to week. I'm adding a bikini pic of me before surgery and a bikini pic now.

I have so much more energy. I'm back to grocery shopping, laundry, sweeping, all housework! I still take it easy and my body lets me know if I need a break. I leave for Disneyland in a few days so hoping I can handle all the walking and excitement! :-)
Dr. Goldberg

Congratulations! You look great! You have the body of a 19 year old!
SO EXCITED FOR YOU. Let us know how you do going back. As in, how it feels getting back into your routine and all.. I would love to see your progress after. You look so amazing. I cant even imagine in a yr from now :)
you look wonderful. I am having some work done in less then a mth. You seem a lot like me, as in fitness and all. I am crazy in shape but have skin that haunts me. Just not fair. Thank goodness for things such as this.
Thank you! Best wishes on your surgery and recovery.
You look amazing!
YOU LOOK GREAT :-)
Isn't the itching irritating. I love your happy photos. Your going to be sexy hot. How do you feel. Has your swelling subsided. Your beautiful
Thanks for the kind words! I look great in the morning (feel flatter), but depending on my activity level, I'm swollen by nighttime. :-( Each day gets better and better.
Hi you look great, how is the healing going? I live in the UK and my surgery is in Sept, have read so much about Arnica which i dont think we hav here can you please give me some info on them and which 1 i need to get to help with the bruising and healing. Thank you. Keep enjoying your flat tummy. Xx
Congrats u look great
Thanks for the kind words! I feel great! Recovery hasn't been too bad. I can't complain.
Congratulations! You look fabulous! Hope you're feeling better and are getting plenty of rest! :)
Congrats on your drain and pain pump removal. Looking good. :) Hope you continue to heal well!
Thanks! I've been following your posts. You look great! Today marks 2 weeks from surgery. I'm feeling better and better each day. Can really tell a difference from my week 1 to week 2 pic. Be thankful you didn't have lipo. That has been the worst of my recovery. Lipo takes a toll on the body. I know it will be worth it in the end! :-)
Thanks! Yeah, I've heard lipo is terrible. :(
Welcome to the flat side! ;)
Thanks! I can't wait to see my results. My doc and nurse are visiting me at home tomorrow. I'm sure I'll get a sneak peak. :-)
Thanks so much! I'm 2 weeks post-op but so far loving my results! :-)
You look great to me without any work. We all see our selves differently. This is my 5th day and I am feeling good.
Thanks! The panties hide my problem area. :-) Glad to hear you are starting to feel better! I'm not looking forward to the first few days after surgery.
I had very little pain just discomfort. Take your pain meds the first few days. And I think after 4or 5 days most of us ask the same question. What was I thinking?????
Hi! I had my surgery this morning. Day 1 has been discomfort, no pain. :-)
Good luck in your journey, and follow all he's post op orders, everything will be ok, rest a lot and enjoy your new body! Congratulations! GBY !