5 weeks post-op (Tummy tuck, MR & Lipo flanks) Monterey, CA

I strength train, yoga, hike, spin and eat clean....

I strength train, yoga, hike, spin and eat clean. I'm in shape, however, I'm not happy with the loose skin and fat on my belly. I'm ready for it to be gone! My surgery date is June 26th. I will have a tummy tuck, muscle repair and some lipo. Dr. Goldberg is the best in the area and I can't wait to see my results. Will post pics soon!

Pre-Op is Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is my pre-op appointment. I'm 9 days away from surgery. I snapped this photo tonight while shopping at the Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale. Didn't buy too much because I want to wait and see how clothes fit with my new shape. :-)

Pre-Op

I had my pre-op appt this morning. I signed a bunch of scary paperwork (you know, the paperwork about all the risks of surgery). The nurse went over my list of meds and when I need to take them. Now I just sit and wait for the hospital to call with my surgery time. 8 more days....

Surgery Day!

It's over! I survived. :-) I arrived at the hospital this morning at 6:15 and surgery was at 7:30 am. I came home with a catheter, pain pump and drain. I'm not in pain, just uncomfortable. Will update more later when I'm not so sleepy.

Day 1 Recovery

Here's my first pic from post surgery.

First look of new tummy

Nurse stopped by my house to change out gauze, refill my pain pump and took out catheter. I got to see my new tummy today. Scar is a little longer than what I expected, but I'm sure it'll look great once it fades.

Day 2 Post-Op

Yesterday evening was a little rough. Today has been much better. My friend spent the day with me watching movies. My husband washed my hair tonight and that made me feel 100% better! :-) I still have my pain pump and drain in. I'm taking my pain medicine (Norco) every 5-6 hours. I'm not draining out very much. My doc said it's because he used a lot of stitches. He called today to check on me and I see him in the morning at his office.

Day 3 Post-Op

It's Sunday and my doctor had me visit his office. He took my 2 stitches out and refilled my pain pump. I'm still very swollen. Feeling a little better each day! My pain pump and drain come out in 3 days.

5 Days Post-Op

Tonight is my last night with my drain and pain pump. Yay! I will feel more normal once they are gone. I've noticed the swelling has gone down a little in my abdomen.

Adios pain pump and drain!

I feel more normal now that my pain pump and drain are gone. YAY! I woke up this morning feeling my best since my surgery. I'm taking it day by day! :-)

Week 1 Post-Op

I've made it to my first week post-op! Feeling pretty good other than being swollen and sore. I see my doctor again on Monday. Happy 4th of July weekend to everyone! :-)

Severe Itching from Lipo

It's 2:30 am and I can't sleep! My right side/hip is itching like CRAZY! Anyone else experience this? I'm so miserable.

10 days post-op

Left side of pic was day 3 and right side is day 10. I felt AMAZING today. I have an ant infestation in my kitchen. I cleaned out my pantry (with my daughter's help). Maybe a little too much for me to do just yet. I was very careful, but can feel the swelling increase. :-/

Almost 2 weeks since surgery!

Left pic week 1 and right pic is week 2. I'm starting to see results as swelling is gradually decreasing. Soooo exciting!! I saw my doc on Monday. I had a little fluid buildup that he had to drain. He says I'm looking great! I can now get my incision wet. Last night was my first real shower and it felt AMAZING! I didn't want to get out. I'm starting to put aquaphor on my incision. I see my doc again next Monday. Hoping I can start scar therapy soon! Happy healing, everyone! :-)

2 weeks post-op

2 weeks since surgery. Time has flown by! I'm starting to do a little more and more each day. It causes me to swell by evening. Dang! :-/

3 weeks post-op!!

I'm feeling better and better each day. I went grocery shopping for the first time the other day and it wore me out! I'm still taking it easy. I see my PS on Monday. Hoping to start scar therapy this week and I should be cleared to exercise next week.

Cleared for exercising!

I saw my PS this morning. He cleared me for exercising. I'm looking good. He took pics today of front and sides. Didn't discuss scar therapy with me. He did mention that he would be lasering the scar at 6 months post-op. I've been seeing him weekly, but I will see him again in 4 weeks (unless I'm having any problems). Will post new pics tonight.

4 weeks post-op today!

Wow! I can't believe my surgery was a month ago. It's been an amazing journey. It's neat seeing my transformation from week to week. I'm adding a bikini pic of me before surgery and a bikini pic now.

I have so much more energy. I'm back to grocery shopping, laundry, sweeping, all housework! I still take it easy and my body lets me know if I need a break. I leave for Disneyland in a few days so hoping I can handle all the walking and excitement! :-)
Monterey Plastic Surgeon