Disappointed - Not the Bra Size I Expected After my Breast Reduction

I recently had a breast reduction, I was a 34 DDD...

I recently had a breast reduction, I was a 34 DDD before surgery. Its now 6 weeks and I recently went to get a bra fitting and they tell me I am 34 D but border to DD. I am extremly upset because the main reason for my surgery was to be a C cup, that is all I ever dreamed of. I want to go shopping off the racks and buy the cute clothes that are meant to fit smaller breasts.

My surgeon kept saying to me the size depends on the bra manufacturer. Well now so far I have tryed 10 different manufacturers so I am not buying that. I feel like the surgeon did we he wanted and not what I wanted.

Would you be upset if you went in for breast reduction surgery and waited 20+ years dreaming of going from 34 DDD to a 34 C and 6 weeks later still being a 34D - DD? Is it possible to have that much swelling still and should I be patient to see what my real size will be?

I should have questioned his response to me about bra size, after I was so insisting on what I wanted.

I just got home from having mine done. I was only a 36 D but wanted a larger B type cut. My doctor was more about perkier and volume and I feel like I am just the same as before I went to the hospital. I scraped up all my money to pay for this out of pocket since it was proven medically necessary by my insurance company (very bad back) then at the last minute was told they found a clause not to cover it. So pulled it together and made my appt. Made it very clear that I wanted weight off my front (more of a B. When he came in this morning to mark me, I discussed my concerns, wants and needs then called him back in to make sure he understood me and we were on the same page. He guaranteed me I would be a B/C cup (small C at the most. I want to make sure that the girls are just really swollen.
I hope it works out for you. I unfortunately didn't. Do my homework enoght I am stil a dd....I. wish I could get him soemeway for not doing his job.
You and i are in the same boat.I had mine done this past feb 2012. 2 weeks have passed now, and I swear IM the same dame size. Was a 36d wanted to be a full b, small c, and my d bras fit be perfect as they did befor..Im praying there is still much swelling, as Im still in much pain, and would hate to think I put myself through this emotionally, and physically, to come out with not the results I was hoping for.
I feel like I'm in a similar boat. I had a reduction only I feel like they took too much. I went from a sagging DD (seriously, my nipples pointed straight down and rested on my stomach bulge) to a tiny B cup. I only had surgery 15 days ago, and I'm terrified that they're going to get even smaller as time goes on.
I think I am going crazy - I waited 30 years to do this reduction and now I don't feel as feminine as I have gone from 12 E to 12 B. I was also very saggy and my nipples were at the bottom. I have been told to wait for the swelling to go down which freaks me out even more. How small will I end up being? I have begun to fixate on breasts - everyone else looks so much better! Have yours improved at all over the last few months? I will see the surgeon again in a few weeks but this is doing my head in.
I wish I did. I keep going back in fourth with did he do what he wanted or did he do what he felt he had to do to keep his work as the plastic surgeon and it was all about shape. I wish I knew the answer. I just try to calm myself down with the fact that they were better than they were before. I too had mine in Nov 09 and here we are almost 1 year later...and I didnt have much bra size change in my eyes. Sometimes I think they dont go to the smaller size , incase we change our minds. Little do they know how hard it is to make the decision to go for the surgery in the first place. Good luck.
I had a reduction in 2009 and went from a 40G to I still don't know what because I have so much spillage under my arms. Any suggestions.
Hi...I have just had surgery and i went from a 34H (uk) to a 34 C Give yourself a few more weeks, it normally takes about 2-3 months for the final results. But you know your own body and if your unhappy and swelling has gone down, i would go back and complain! xx
OMG, I'm in NJ too, where is you PS based out of? I want to go from a DDD to a C and want to lose weight and am afraid if I go to a C then lose weight they may get smaller, but I'm not so worried not to do it. But if I went and he didn't make me at least a C or full C and I was still a D, I'd be sick about it. I don't blame you for being upset.
No surgeon should ask what size you want to be and give you that size if it's not right for your body. Removing too much tissue is dangerous and could cause dangerous complications. (Three pounds removed I went from 34F to 34DD. Based on my figure, that's the size that they should have been in order to be proportionate to the rest of my figure.) It took at least 8 weeks for the swelling to go down completely, possibly closer to 12, and my surgeon said it could take six months to a year for them to take their final shape. Six months later I was happy. A year later, I was ecstatic. Give it more time.
I did go to the doctor today for a follow up and he did say I did still have swelling and it takes up to a full year. Thanks for your comments. I guess I have more time to wait.
I also had a reduction last year, it takes on average 3 months until you get the "true" results or size. I went from a 38DDD to a 38 small D. I was unable to go any smaller due to the fact that our breasts have many blood vessels and nerves. Any smaller would be considered an amputation. My surgeon was wonderful and I would do it all over again!!
thank you , for responding. I have heard that but when you read so many other stories of woman who where much bigger and they were smaller and showed pictures as proff it made me wonder how could that be. But I guess they had doctors who performed the procedure in a different way.
A "safe" reduction is only as small as you'r body can allow you to go. I was unable to stand up straight so any amount really made a difference to me. I am happy now, I am healthy now. Just try to think of it like that! My dr. was very up front with me from the beginning. I hope you are feeling better and are reaping the benifits of a succesfull surgery :-)
Thank you for taking the time to respond.