Mommy Makeover right around the corner!

Hello ladies! I wanted to document my journey in...

Hello ladies! I wanted to document my journey in search of a PS in Mexicali, MX. I'm a mother of 3 kids and the pregnancies & breastfeeding did a number on my body... I gained 60 pounds! I'm young almost 30 and have been stuck in a different body for the past 8 years! I'm happy that I did lose all the pregnancy weight (I'm down to 120 pounds) but I'm left with excess skin on my stomach and my boobies... yeah they need help! LOL... I'm planning to get a TT, BA, BL and possibly some lipo if needed. I live in AZ but the cost of PS is just over the top! So I've decided to explore into PS in Mexico and hopefully find the perfect doctor out there that fits my standards. I've narrowed down my list of surgeons to 2 or 3. I'm writing this to hopefully help someone in my own shoes who is considering going to MX for their PS since there isn't a whole lot of info online. My husband and I have done extensive research on Dr.Gaspar Blanco & Dr. Adrian Manjarrez in Mexicali. I need to do more research on Dr.Juan Luque. But from the first two I found that they both attended one of the best schools in Mexico (La Universidad de Guadalajara). I plan on calling them tomorrow to hopefully get a rough quote, get some questions answered, and schedule an in person consultation next month. I want to get a feel for them, get some questions answered, see more before & after pics of their work and get some testimonials of past patients. Id love to be able to contact some of these patients and find out what their experience was like because there isn't a lot online. If there is anyone who had their surgery with any of these doctors or others in Mexicali and can share their story here I'd love to hear it! I know there are horror stories that come from Mexico but these 2 doctors perform their surgeries in very nice hospitals, especially Dr. Gaspar, so it's not like they are doing it in some ghetto dirty clinic or something. LOL!

I also want to point out that in my personal experience, I have seen a world of difference in the quality of doctors in MX. I've been out there for vacations and every time I've had to go take one of my kids to the doctor (urgent care one time, sickness the other)- they knew exactly what they were doing and fixed it-they gave my son a shot that picked him up within hours and by the next day he was over the illness! Out here the doctors wont give you anything or will just recommend some ineffective over the counter thing, or will refer you to many "specialist". I even have family *with insurance* that will drive all the way out there to see doctors because they were so good! There are excellent doctors out there so in my opinion if you do your research thoroughly, you can find an affordable great surgeon. I will keep you guys posted on my call tomorrow, hopefully I can get a hold of them and get something scheduled!

I have not seen that documentary, what is it called? Is it a fear mongering type of flick? Wow, your surgery is right around the corner! How exciting!I have to agree with you that it definitely is difficult getting a lot of information online. I did find more stuff searching in spanish (I'm fluent which makes it easy). But still not enough. That's why I want to meet him before and get more info from these doctors. They need to get with it and update their websites, hey maybe they can hire my hubby and give us a discount! LOL... You got a REALLY GOOD deal on that! Holy cow! My husband and I plan on driving there and back ourselves so wont need the transportation. With the great savings we plan on also staying there in a very nice hotel for 10-14 days after surgery so that I can recover a little before making the long drive home. We want to check out the doctors in Mexicali because we also have family there that can help us babysit our kids after the surgery. The dr. that quoted me $8-$9.9K is the most experianced doctor from our list, I'm sure the other 2 will most likely quote me a lot less. But we will see, we will go with who we think is the best for the job, not necessarily the cheapest. I cant wait to hear more about your journey, I'm so excited for you! Maybe I should of started this blog in a few months since I plan on having surgery in May or June when my son is out of school. Oh well! This is a really fun site, I cant stop reading through everyones stories and learning a lot!
I too decided on surgery in Mexico. I watched a documentary on CNN where American are going to other countries for surgeries, elective and others that there insurance will not cover. I narrowed my search to 3 clinics and decided on Dr. Javier Cisneros in TJ, Mexico. I am scheduled for surgery Feb 17, 2012. I plan to meet with Dr. on the 16th to decide and discuss procedures etc for TT, BA and lipo as needed. I have to say it is very difficult to get alot of information, and I still search via internet. It would be nice if the clinics and Dr.'s made more information easily available. You can check out there website at http:/www.sthetiqs.com BTW, they have basic and premium packages that include hotel, and after care, as well as transportation. I went with the Basic, as I have a travel partner. I booked my own hotel and flight from Sacramento, Ca. The cost for surgery thus far is $6800, big difference than Cali prices. Keep me informed as to any information you have, and I will do the same.

Regards.
I'm so excited I just got a response from Dr. Manjarrez! He agreed that I do need a TT, lipo & BL but said that I have enough volume on my breast to skip the BA if I wanted. He doesnt know that I stopped breastfeeding a month ago so I know they are gonna shrink some more and besides I want the nice round fullness that comes from getting implants. If I'm already getting a lift, might as well! LOL... He quoted me between $8K-$9,500K but during our consultation he will evaluate me & be able to give me the exact quote. I'm so excited, I literally have been checking my e-mail all day long- even though I just sent them the e-mail this morning! LOL... I cant wait to hear back from the other 2.

I've scheduled my consultations, now these 5 weeks...

I've scheduled my consultations, now these 5 weeks are going to drag! I cant wait to go!

I was $7,500 by Dr. Gaspar for a TT, BA, BL & Lipo and was told that the garments were not included and they were about $120 I believe. Also not included were the meds.
Oh ok, this was another doctor in TJ then? How exciting for her, she's having her mommy makeover today!
I'm schedule to have a breast replacement, tt, lipo 3/14/12 with Dr. Gasper! I was quoted $6,000 thinking of adding the BBL, but now super afraid being my butt is flat already and I don't have much fat to add from the abdominal. Thinking it maybe wasted money. Plus added pain. That's my thought there.
Second, has anyone heard any super negative things on Gasper?

1 more week to meet the surgeons! Cant wait, I'm...

1 more week to meet the surgeons! Cant wait, I'm really hoping that one of them is it!

Sounds great plz..keep Mee updated I just hope my long journey there its worth it i'm coming all the way from Denver Co. so I hope and pray that everything will be good.well thanks and GOOD LUCK;-)
Azerika... I just read Ur post very HELPFUL... I'm looking my self to go to MX.. I want to go with Dr.gaspar But Very nervous to make my final decision..
I am here now. Surgery tomorrow. Luis pick us up. He's awesome. I see doctor tomorrow. Was suppose to see this evening, but he had two emergency today. Although I haven't yet met the doctor, his staff is awesome. Not really
Liking the environment outside of the hospital, but then again didn't come to vacation. lucerna hotel is alright. Not a 5 star, but decent.
I shall keep you all posted on my journey!

I cancelled my appointment with Dr. Luque today. ...

I cancelled my appointment with Dr. Luque today. I saw the pics on his website and was horrified with some of the pictures... I'm thinking if these pictures are the best he can do (since he's putting them on his website) I'll pass!!! So it's between Gaspar & Manjarrez

MsRosa, message me your contact info so I can call you when I'm in Mexicali and we can arrange a time to meet! I've been thinking about you a lot today! Hope you're feeling a little better each day and healing well!
I'm waiting till mid April cuss i'm still trying to loose a lil more weight to better results...my 5kids did a number on Mee LOL...well its nice to knw that all is wellu ladys really gave Mee piece of mind wit Ur postingsTHANKS SOOO MUCH...take care and hope to hear from u soon
HAHAHAHA! That is awesome, you're planning your surgery right around the corner- LUCKY! I have to wait till June when my son is out of school. It will be nice to hear your experiences and results with Gaspar though! I talked to Carlo today- he is AWESOME! So helpful and nice over the phone answered many questions for us. I definitely think we are leaning more towards Gaspar at this point, but we will still interview them both.

So today I had my consultation with Dr. Manjarrez...

So today I had my consultation with Dr. Manjarrez and his quote was $8,500. My thoughts on this surgeon is that he has invested a lot in his business seeing that the whole outpatient clinic belongs to him, he has his own full staff including nurses and all that and uses the newest technology available (and according to him he's the only one in Mexicali) I forget what the name of the technology is called, it's for the liposuction-I wrote it down so will update you with that soon.

He was very nice and straight forward explaining all the possible risks involved (and maybe over the top because I was getting the heebie jeebies feeling a little scared and uncomfortable..) He emphasized on the risk on capsular and I got the feeling that this is a common issue he has with his patients.

Now here is my main concern with this surgeon. He was reluctant to provide any references of past patients, his reason was that when he gives them out many times the patients wont answer the phone or return e-mail messages because they don't want to deal with it...? So I asked for pictures of his work, and he refused that as well saying that the pictures are not accurate because the patients wouldn't have my same exact figure...etc. Not happy with that at all. Let me be the judge of that and see your work, even if the girls are a variety of different shapes/sizes-it would at least give me an idea. He said that if he wanted he could show me pics and I would love the results and right away schedule with him, but he doesn't want me making my decision based on pictures...? WT...

Another thing I didn't like was that unless there's a complication, you are in and out of the clinic the same day :o/

I'm not quite sure how I feel about all that. I wish he would of provided me with pictures/testimonials/references... something to give me peace of mind...

He is very modest and reserved and doesn't try to sell you on things you don't need. I feel like he is honest and polite. I undressed (my top) and he marked me to show me what he would do and how... etc (which by the way that dang marker is hard to come off! I scrubbed and scrubbed and the damn thing is still there..lol). He really took his time during our consultation, I liked that.

He said he is the most expensive surgeon in Mexicali and that you get what you paid for. Tomorrow I get to meet Dr. Gaspar, can't wait to see what he is like and see what he has to say! It will be nice to compare them both. I'll keep you updated soon!

GASPER IS THE BEST. HE HAS DONE EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED. I WILL SHOW PICS TO ANY WHO WANT TO SEE. MY EMAIL {email address removed by RealSelf to protect you from spambots. Please use the PM system to exchange email addresses.}
I'm still at hotel Araiza just left his office for him to check my drainage tubes.
Carlo is nice, but Luis is the most helpful.
I'm also very helpful for those who need questions answered.
S

MsRosa I'm so happy to hear that you had a great experience with Gaspar!!!! I'm literally like a block away from Araiza and I get to meet Dr. Gaspar tomorrow! Cant wait to see him! If you're still up for meeting me, I will be checking this site periodically tomorrow, I will be leaving Wed. And YES I would love to see pics, it would be soooo helpful! Here's my e-mail: {email removed by RealSelf to protect you from spambots. Please use the PM system to exchange email addresses} I would be happy to share my before and after pics as well. I'll will update my status with my experience with Dr. Manjarrez right now.

Hi Marylu! Yes I'd be happy to share pictures, but my surgery wont be scheduled till June. When is your surgery!!! Can you share pictures as well?

I had my consultation with Dr. Gaspar today and...

I had my consultation with Dr. Gaspar today and both my husband and I were really impressed. First of all, his office was very busy, a lot of people in the waiting room which tells me, he's a popular surgeon (only 1 person waiting at Manjarrez). The consultation went a little quicker than the one with Manjarrez, but he answered all of our questions and was very friendly. After I undressed he went through the procedures and addressed my concerns. He says that for the size of implant I want (450cc) that he can do the lift with minimal scaring (just around the areola). I was very unsure about this being that everywhere I've seen, the lift requires the lollipop or T scar. He says that he's been doing this for 20+ years and has perfected his techniques. That he can accomplish the same result without the horrible scar (sounds GREAT but.. will it work? Will it give me the lift I desperately need??)

He says that yes, this technique will give me a lift. And that if in the future I wanted a little bit more of a lift, he would cover it and all I would need to cover is the anesthesia/hospital-sounds great to me!

The TT scar he said would be longer than the one Manjarrez suggested, he would be removing more skin and he says would give me a better end result.

He referred me to Carlo to obtain references, etc. He says that he rarely takes pictures of his patients (unless its reconstruction), I got the feeling that he goes through so many patients he doesn't see the need to try to sell his service.

I got the impression that Dr. Gaspar is VERY confident in his work, I like that. He's definitely more aggressive with his work, Manjarrez is a bit more conservative (was uneasy with me going with a larger implant, said I would look good with a 200 something implant- Why get implants?!?! lol) But I understand Manjarrez likes the natural look.

Sorry for talking too much! All in all, I liked both surgeons. But I must say so far I feel a bit more comfortable and confident with Dr. Gaspar- and it helped that I met a happy patient of his too! Manjarrez kinda gives me the heebie jeebies IDK exactly why. I will get in touch with Carlo regarding the references and we will give this a little more thought. But so far I think I've made my decision.. Dr. Gaspar it is!!! :o)

I'm about to have a blood transfusion. This just keeps getting worse. :'(
I wish this on no one.

Rosa
MsRosa, I'm glad I got to talk to u for a bit. Hang in there, I will keep you in my prayers & pray that you quickly regain your health :(. Call me when ever ok, don't hesitate! You don't have to be alone in this! XOXO

Oh, Rosa! You are in our thoughts.

Wow, it's been a while since I've logged on here! ...

Wow, it's been a while since I've logged on here! I cant believe I'm only 2 months away from my mommy makeover. I'm going in for another consultation with a PS here in my state. I havent completely ruled out Dr. Gaspar, but definitely do want a second opinion. Will update you on how it goes!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

So I had a consultation on Monday here in AZ for a...

So I had a consultation on Monday here in AZ for a second opinion & I LOVED the PS! I felt so comfortable with him & left his office not just feeling but KNOWING that if I went with him I would have outstanding results. The problem is, it's alooooot of money. $18,500. I was expecting less being that I'm only 120 pounds but I was off the mark. This is such a hard decision & I don't know what to do :(. Any ideas on how to come up with an extra $11K in 2 months? Lol... I don't want to finance that much money but don't see an alternative.

I've considered postponing it, but my husband feels like its now or never. Luckily I'm working too, so if he were to lose his job (God forbid) we do have a back up source of income. But things would be tight until he were to find another job. Maybe we are being paranoid about it, idk... I have 3 kids :)
I did negotiate, they originally wanted $20,500! So I guess 2K less is an improvement, still a lot of money & way over my budget. Things at my husbands job are a little rocky & don't know what the future will bring there. If he loses his job (high possibility) & we have this new debt it's going to be a lot on his shoulders. Idk... :(
Seems like decision in this world become harder each day. With your husband possibly losing his job and the four children you have. Should surgery be a thought at this point? Just a question. No judging here.

I'm stoked I was able to work with the staff and...

I'm stoked I was able to work with the staff and lower the price to $17.6! My hubby has worked out a plan that will allow us to pay it cash which means we get a 5% off on top of that. I am so happy and relieved at the same time. Dr. Guerra really made me feel comfortable and I know I will be in excellent hands. He was referred to me by a friend who was happy with her results & I've read nothing but 5 star reviews from him! My mommy makeover is less then 2 short months away! Woohoo!!!!

I had a TT, breast lift with implants and lipo with Dr Luque in mexicali and I was very pleased. Its the best thing I ever did. My waist and Breast get the most attention, lol
I am planning on having a BA with Dr. Manjarrez next week does any one have any advise or a past experience with him?
DR. MANJARREZ was named the best plastic surgeon in Latin America! He is recognized by the american society of plastic surgery, and of Mexico also! he is the best option
Dr. Gaspar? Dr. Manjarrez? Dr. Luque?

I will give the true rating after my consultation and will change it accordingly after my surgery.