My Mommy Makeover Experience - Southlake, TX

The reason that I decided to do a Mommy makeover...

The reason that I decided to do a Mommy makeover is because after years of bad eating habbits and two children I really did not like the way body looked at all anymore. I am 24 years old and that is to young to have have to worry about so many body image issues.

The cons of both procedures are really what would be expected. There is the obvious pain, and there is a scar from hip to hip. However I feel the pros outwayed the cons by far. For the first time in a long time I am excited to go shopping for clothes when the swelling goes down. Even tho I am only a week and half out of surgrey I can already tell that I am goign to love my results.

I really want to try to put up post opt pics...

I really want to try to put up post opt pics weekly to show the progress of the healing. I also put some of the other pre opt pic to show a little more on just how bad it was.

Ok I am trying to put pics up once a week to keep...

Ok I am trying to put pics up once a week to keep up with the progress I am making with my healing.

Putting post opt pic one week after surgrey

Putting post opt pic one week after surgrey

We are week two of my recovery!!! Things have...

We are week two of my recovery!!! Things have improved very much in this week and I am loving my results very much.

This is almost six weeks post opt. It will be six...

This is almost six weeks post opt. It will be six weeks on Tuesday 11-23-10

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. K was there to answer any and all questions you could have. He went through in detail every thing that would happen before, during, and after the surgrey. His staff was amazing, they were all so sweet and able to answer all questions. I really could not think of a bad thing to say about him or his staff. But the very most important reason why i would recommend Dr. K is that he is very good at what he does. He went above and beyond what I could of ever imagine. Only a week out and already in love the results.

I didn't know that at all about the underwire bra. I am so glad to have found this website. I am learning so much. Did you have to find the sports bra that closes in the front or did you purchase it from the doctor?
I found a front closeing bra at a sports store.
WOW- 3 whole pant sizes. That make sme super excited. Even if I only go down by one pant size, I will be ecstatic. When will you be able to wear a regular bra? I would figure around 3-4 weeks would be time. Is taht normal not to be able to wear a bra for that long?
Well I am not sure when I will be able to wear a bra with an underwire. My dr had me in a band that went across the top of my boobs to help the implants settle in place. I had that on for 23 hrs a day for he first six weeks. Now I am in a sports bra that closes in the front. I dont know how long I will have to wear this, but i dont think you can just go to an under wire bra bc it could mess up how the implants settle. But I am thinking that hopefully pretty soon I can get a normal bra.
Brittrey, Did you do any scar therapy? I hav ehad two doctors talk about scar therapy/massages that assist with fading the scar. I haven't heard too many people talk about therapy for the scar or pignmentation. I am the same with you on the clothes. I am doing this to feel and look better in my clothes. Did you go down in clothes size? I have stopped shopping altogher. I don't even want try to speculate what will fit later. Especially since My breast will be bigger. Did you buy your bra before your surgery or did you get fitted for your bras afterwards?
I did start a scar therapy at % weeks after surgrey. I massage a scar cream into my scars 4 times a day for 3-4 months. I went down 3 whole sizes in my pants. My tops I have stayed the same size because my breast are bigger. I am & weeks out now and still am waiting to by a whole lot of shirts and tops because I am still not able to wear a bra yet so I dont know how everything will fit.
How are you feeling this many weeks out? I honestly would not have noticed the scar was higher on the one side. I had to scroll back up and look. Your tummy looks great and the scars don't look bad at all. My PS said it takes a year or two for them to fade. So I guess you just need to be patient after surgery. Are there any suggestions you have for recovery?
I feel great. I have started working out, and really feel back to myself. Sometimes after a long day at work my abs will be sore but other than that I feel really great. My biggest thing to say about the recovery is to do everything your PS says, and take your pain meds on schedule even if you are not really hurting. As long you take the time to sleep and let your bady recover the whole process really isnt that bad.
You look awesome!!!! Are you happy with your results??
I am very happy with my results. the only thing I would change is my scar is higher on one side than the other. But the whole reason I did this was to feel better in my clothes so the only person that will see that is my husband.
I think my body type is alot like your too. How tall are you and what was your pre-op weight? Are you going to put recent pics up...I am just asking b/c I am getting ready to do this next week and really want to try and prepare myself for the stages of development.
I am 5'7 and my pre op weight was 180. I think I am goign to try to get some more pics up tonight.
Hi Brittrey, I've enjoyed reading your story. You have a lot of advise and I plan on re-reading when I get close to my surgery. I am nervous about the pain, the drugs, and just moving about. I am concerned about being stuck in bed for too long. How many days were you actually in bed (like all day)?After you finally could move around and weren't in bed so much, how restricted was your movement? When did you drive for the first time? I will be having my mother down to help my husband with the kids and myself. However, I hate being helpless and I hate not contributing to the family's needs. Yet part of me kind of wants to be able to just rest. I am a full time mommy, full time employeed, I volunteer myself all the time... I just need a rest. Did you find that the meds help you actually sleep (sleep through the pain as well)? Sorry to bombard you with tons of questions. You look awesome. I actually think we are similar in body shape,and breast size (well your pre-op pictures I mean).
Hi Orlando, thank you so much for your sweet words. I think you and I are very similar, my biggest fear was not being able to take care of my kidos. My mother and my husband had to do pretty much everything for the first week and half. In that time I pretty much slept the whole time the first week and half. But I think that was pretty much the meds. There is no way I could do that with out, I am way to much of a control freak. I would ask your dr what kind of pain meds he is going to put you on after the surgery. That way you can research the meds and know more about how you will be after. My dr gave me pretty good pain meds so my pain wasn't ever very bad. It is very very important to rest in the beginning! And you will be able to sleep at first it is going to be hard to stay awake.
WOW! Your 10/26/10 pictures are great. You have a terrific figure. You should be thrilled it looks like your PS did a great job. Sounds like you are doing well and I am glad to hear how well you are doing back at work. I am mostly at a desk so I should be ok so you give me hope. Do you have any advice that you think is important to pass on? I keep thinking I will forget to do something or that I have missed a key recommendation from someone.
The only thing that i would say to every single person that is about to go into surgery is listen to your dr. It is real easy to do all the rules and everything the first couple weeks. Then after that you start feeling like yourself and want to go back doing the things you did before. The bindings and things that they have you wear after are very annoying. The only reason I say this is because I am five weeks out of surgrey now. My rules where that i were my tummy support and my breast bindings for 6 wks and that I couldnt lift over 15 lbs for 6 wks. I thought i was close enough to that time so I went a head and took my stuff off and I picked up my three year old daughter and put her on my right hip and now it is all swollen and I can bearly step on my right foot without an extreme amout of pain. everything is going to be ok but now my recovery is goign to be longer and i have go through a whole lot more pain then need be. So listen to everything he says.
WOW ..... you look so awesome!!! How are things now?? Are you seeing even better results?
Thank you so much JenBob. I love my results. They are even better now. I am will have to get some more pictures up now that most of the swelling has gone down.
I went back to work a little at the two week mark. You really just have to take it easy when you go back knda start back real slow maybe just do half days. You will just get tired a whole lot faster then before.
thanks I will have to hold my arms up and see how they do, if they hurt I'll take more time off, thank god I work from home, it makes it easy.

Thanks so much for posting your story and photos here. You look great!

For more discussion about tummy tucks, mommy makeovers, and getting our bodies back, see our Facebook pages, Moms Who Want Their Bodies Back and RealSelf.

Baby blue, on your time off it will also very much depend on what you do with your time off. The first week I truely did nothing but sleep my husband would wake me up to take my pills and eat.
I am set as far as recovery, my Mom will be taking care of me. She is fabulous and so supportive. I am very lucky. It should not be a problem for me to sleep. Most of my work is pretty much at a desk and the two weeks off runs into Christmas break so it sounds like I should be fine.
I am so glad your surgery went well. I hope I have the same results. You look terrific. I was wondering what was your cup size before surgery and how many cc's did you go with for your implants. It is hard to tell from pictures but you look like your cup size is similar to mine. I am also happy to hear your recovery is going well. I keep hoping I took off enough time from work
Baby blue thank you so much for your sweet comments. I absolutely love my results. My dr went above and beyond. My breast size before was a very deflated c cup with a 38 back spand. I have a 625 cc low profile implant that was over filled to give a little more fullness. I am an hairstylist and am always on my feet and using my arms and I took off three weeks because I wanted to be sure that I would feel well enough to go back. But now that I am on day 12 of healing I think o could of defiantly gone back to work at 2 weeks if I worked at an office or somewhere I sat most of the day but the I am going to need all three weeks to be able to stand and do all the things you need to do when you cut hair. So I guess it depends on what kind of work you do. How long did you take off?