Cold Feet In Cali! - Sacramento, CA

Hi Everyone! Here is the short and not so sweet...

Hi Everyone!
Here is the short and not so sweet version of my story-
I am about 5'7 and, in the beginning, weighed 135lbs. THEN, I had my 1st son (10.4 lbs), 12 years ago, and gained 65lbs! WHOA! I did lose most of it, but then met the love of my life and had 2 more boys (9.9lbs & 7.2lbs)... WHAT WAS I THINKING, RIGHT? J/K!
I was all the way back up to 198.5, unhealthy, and was diagnosed with Diabetes. I got it together and proceeded to lose 25lbs., quit smoking, and am currently trying to become a healthy rolemodel for my babies.
I am a very happy-go-lucky, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, kind of girl. HOWEVER, my body does not match my personality. It is so hard to be "me" when I am so devastated by my "mommy" weight. I occassionally get asked if I am pregnant or "when is your baby due" and let me tell you, I have never wanted to lay someone out so bad before in my life! In my world you NEVER ask if someone is pregnant unless you are literally watching them give birth in front of you. Instead, I would just walk away, fists clenched, go home and eat a 1/2 gallon of ice cream. LOL.
Anyway, I have decided that I need for my body to feel like "me" again. So, 6 months ago, I started researching, looking around and scheduled my 1st consultation. My appointment is in 1 week from today, January 27th, 2011 (holy crap)! I am terrified... and excited... and happy... oh, and did I mention, TERRIFIED!!!???
Everything will be just fine, I know. Even my physician supports me, did a ton of testing and said I am good to go!
I am on pins and needles! I NEED SOME GIRLIE SUPPORT! Help!

I already wrote one of these but it never posted...

I already wrote one of these but it never posted for some weird reason. Hmmmmmm... here's to giving it another shot!
I am a mommy of 3 boys, all big babies (10.4, 9.9, and 7.2 lbs., from Gestational Diabetes). I am 5'7 and was about 135 lbs. pre-pregnancy weight and gained a CRAZY 64 lbs. with my first little guy. I lost most of that weight but, I met the love of my life, got remarried, and proceeded to have two more. WHAT WAS I THINKING???? LOL, j/k! I was back up to that weight in the end, except this time I wasn't pregnant anymore.
I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and decided to change my life. I now have my blood sugar under control, quit smoking and lost 28 lbs. I still have a good 15 lbs. to go but my PS says that I am in range to have the surgery done, then lose a little more weight and not have it affect my new tummy. And that it may give me the motivation to drop those last few stubborn pounds.
I am scheduled for NEXT WEEK! Holy crap! LOL! Thursday, January 27th, 2011. I am absolutely terrified, happy, excited, scared, thrilled... oh, and did I mention terrified?... all at the same time. I know I am driving the people I know crazy, talking about this topic to death. Whether it is what size breasts I want, what needs to get done before the surgery date, how scared I am or what my expectations are. In fact I think I may be a going crazy, myself, at this point. I NEVER thought I would go through something like this again after my c-sections and to know I VOLUNTEERED for it is INSANITY! LOL! I know it will be so worth it in the end and THAT is what keeps me from completely losing my mind!
I decided to come on here so I could bond with others going through the same things I am! I am having a Full Tummy Tuck, Lipo to my flanks and a Breast Augmentation, complete with cohesive gel implants "Gummies".
Anyway, that is my story in a nutshell! Show this girl some love ladies, I NEED IT! :O)
Hope you are doing well
THANKS!!!
Thinking of you.... best of luck. Today, I'm three weeks post op. Yay! Time will go quickly for you.

Here comes an update!!! I am now 6 days post op...

Here comes an update!!!
I am now 6 days post op and feeling pretty darn good considering the trauma I just put my body through. The day of the surgery the staff eased my nerves so much and talked me through everything. The funny thing is, I do NOT remember anything after them scrubbing me down to climbing into the hotel bed. It is all a blur! I remember asking them to leave the music on. "Staci's Mom Has Got It Going On" was playing at some point. And I remember the nurses singing. LOL.
Okay, for post op sh-tuff... In the beginning, my boobs where KILLING me. I swear, I thought they were going to pop off. There is NO WAY I would have been able to handle a bigger implant. Between that and my new tummy... I mean how in the H-E-Double hockey sticks am I supposed to position myself on the bed or, Heaven forbid, get up to go potty!? My husband had to dang near carry me, poor guy.
Right now, I am still babying my boobs (can't stand the feel of my muscle tensing up around my implant, creeps me out) and my DRAINS... oh sweet baby Jesus!!!! The way they pull and tug on my skin makes me insane. One is supposed to come out Friday, WOOOOO HOOOOO! I will say after yesterday (my husband removed my pain pump) when the pain REALLY set in, my back is dying, the muscles from walking haunched over and the areas where the lipo was performed.
My tummy muscles are spasming a lot and it scares me to use them, even a little.
Honestly, if all I was having done was the tummy tuck (with no drains, lol) it would have been manageable, for sure, after 3 c-sections.
My hubby is back to work and the friend that was supposed to help me, backed out last minute, so I am on my own.
I love what I see in the mirror so far. It is exciting that it is going to get better and better!
I am very grateful for my husband and my mom for all of their support through this or it would've been a nightmare. My hubby is an Angel.
PS... I tried to go off my painkillers a couple of days ago and my lipo areas and back muscles screamed, "NO!!!!" LOL. So I think I will just play it by ear.

Congratulations! You look wonderful! I can relate by "wanting to feel me again." I too had kids young and now at 28 and done feel like wow, my body is so "hangey"! I want my husband and I to enjoy the rest of our lives together and this part will make me feel like me again and feel more womanly.. I was a C before kids and I am now an A with a bunch of tissue :(. Oh well, time to get that fixed! Hope you are doing well! Thanks for your story:). Any advice on healing or anything else?
How are you doing? Do you have more current pictures!
Im so excited for you cant wait to see pictures!!!

So, I will be 6 weeks post op on Thursday and I am...

So, I will be 6 weeks post op on Thursday and I am pretty happy about my results. I still have sooooooo much swelling and had some concerns about a few spots on my incision that were not healing. I finally found a treatment that is helping VERY WELL. There have definitely been some ups and downs. The recovery period... oh man, THE RECOVERY PERIOD... it has been long. I don’t think anything can prepare you for that. I am sure that being a Diabetic has slowed it down considerably. I just want to go to work and move on with my life. MOVE being the key word. I NEED EXERCISE!!!! BLAH! Anyway, at this point it is hard for me to remember the way I looked before and then I see my "befores". WHOA! Hope everyone is doing great! Thank you all for not giving up on me! Posting a couple updated pics now.

He did mt tt and mr... Im 4 weeks post op
Thanks for all the posts. I had a MM done by Dr Hause 3 weeks ago and thankfully I am healing at an amazing pace. My girls look great! Hope they dont lose too much size wise. The TT was a bit more challenging but I can already see very nice results. I am going to start a new post shortly and will add my photos once I've uploaded them. Hope you are feeling good. Feel free to ask me any questions.

[Dr. Hause is a great PS! His prior surgical experience and expertise made him an easy choice. :)]

I LOVE the idea of the care basket by your bed. Fabulous, girl!

Hi everyone! Going in tomorrow to schedule a...

Hi everyone! Going in tomorrow to schedule a revision surgery (that I knew would probably have to happen, even prior to my MM). I just posted a couple new pics and will post better ones very soon! Just wanted to drop in and show some love to my MM Veteran friends and everyone else going through their own life changing event! Muah! Mucho love to you all! TTYS! :0*
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Updated on 23 Jan 2011: He was amazing and so informative. His staff was wonderful too! I was anxious and he and his operative staff calmed my nerves. Best of all he listened to to my needs and wants and gave me very realistic advice.