I Gotta Love/Hate Relationship With My TT..- Moline, IL

I have struggled with my weight my whole life and...

I have struggled with my weight my whole life and after losing 60 lbs from my lapband I had a overhang of skin. So after graduating school, I asked my hubby for a tummy tuck for my grad gift.

I had looked at before and after pics and was certain I was in good hands. Well today is one week after surgery and my body looks kind of awkward.
I am not sure if it is because I am still swollen or if I should have have more liposuction or what.

Has anyone else happen to see someone that looks like this? I am scared I won't be able to wear jeans or look right in anything. I was almost in tears the other day. I have looked on here and everyone has the flat stomach I want.

So had appt with surgeon today. Feeling a lil...

So had appt with surgeon today. Feeling a lil better. He said I am still really swollen. Which kinda makes sense because they removed 10lbs of excess skin and liposuctioned 5 liters and I still am weighing the same. He also said that he lipo'd as much as he could on my top stomach but was a little difficult since I previously had lap band surgery.
As for the dog ear....Well just have to wait till I heal more and he can take care of that in his office.
Also I am gonna give it 3 months and then we can discuss working on my mons pubic area......As it is still swollen and is gonna need to be lifted.
So for now I'll just wait and see how the healing goes....

Well it has now been a little over a month. Have...

Well it has now been a little over a month. Have had a couple set backs. I had my right drain removed April 25th as it was clogged. Then had my other drain removed on June 2nd. Doc said it had been a month and was time to come out. Well seems it was not working properly and as as soon as he removed fluid gushed out. And then they has to press on my stomach for half hour to get fluid out.
Well, Saturday I have to call him and request an emergency visit at his office because fluid had retained quickly again. He removed about 200ccs. And told me to call him if I had a fever of over 101. Well Sunday I had 101.8. Called and yesterday I had an emergency surgery to add a new type of drain.
I guess this is common for people of my size. The flatter your stomach and smaller you are the tighter you are and less likely you will have fluid build up.
I was scared before that I had made a mistake. But each day is a new day and the swelling is slowly going down and I am slowly starting to see a new me.

So I received a call last night from the doctor's...

So I received a call last night from the doctor's office, and they wanted to change my antibiotics. Seems that the cultures they took from my surgery on Monday, came back with MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus).
I feel fine now, and seem almost back to normal, but was advised to just take it easy. I am not taking Clindamycin, and I am hoping that this is the last bump in the road I have.
Drain tube is still in, and I am hoping to post a pic of it soon. It is weird, it looks like something that should NOT be in me. Bayne wanted to take it out tomorrow, but I am still draining, and I am more than happy to wait till next Tuesday..Just to be safe. The drains have to be covered in gauze and then I have to tape them to my leg and thighs. The pain and irritation is getting to be an inconvenience, but again..I would rather be safe than sorry.

2 months and 14 days

So I haven't been on here much, but now have made time. Things seem to be going good. Had Doc appt Tuesday and he said things look great and he will see me again in 2 months for post op pics.
I started running a few weeks ago as I was no longer in pain from jumping or anything like that. Felt weird, after I was done, my stomach was all tingly. And next week, I am starting to go back to gym.
I am still not sure how I feel about my body. I look good from the front view, but the side I look awkward. Also if I eat too much, I look like I am 7 months prego. *Sigh*
I must admit tho, I just looked at the previous pics, and WOW, the swelling has went down ALOT! I am hoping to take some pics in the next week or two, and I will post.

Almost to my 3 month mark.

So here I am almost 3 months has passed, and still have mixed emotions about my choice.
I am finally posting a few older pics of when I have the 2nd emergency tubes in, and a few pics from this morning.
While on vacation all we did was ride in a car and eat, so there was a gain of a few pounds and then this week the TOM is coming so I am eating constantly and retaining water. I feel FAT!!!
Last weekend I was so bummed, whenever I eat too much I look like I am pregnant. UGH! I am starting a weight loss program next week and I am hoping that helps me kick start my metabolism.
So looking at the pics, I am happy that I am alot smaller and that alot of the swelling has went down....But, my mons pubic area is now making me self conscious. He said he could fix that later. But I really wish he would have done a better job when I was under the knife.
So now I am in debt for almost $12,000 (emergency surgury included now) and I don't feel as amazing as I thought I would feel.
Doc said if I lost 15lbs I would look amazing.....Well, I am gonna try and I hope I don't look awkward for the rest of my life.
I think maybe if I had a bigger butt I would feel better.....Better start on the squats! LoL

I keep forgetting this part!!

So I forgot to add.....When I had my surgery, I added another procedure. I had a flabby flap of fat (Say that 5 times real fast. LoL!!) under my arm pit area..On my bra line. It had always bothered me and I figured that if I was going to get lipo on my back, I would look stupid with that left. So I had then remove. BEST decision and extra $1500 I have ever spent. I feel so much better when I wear a tank top and don't have the fat squishing out the back of my arm, and I feel even better that I don't have to tuck my boobs forward to make it less noticeable. OH, and the cherry on top was, that my boobs kinda lifted a little too.
I will try to find a few before pics here soon, and take some of the after pics and some to show my scar.

Here are the scars from under my arms/armpits.

I searched and searched, and sadly I have no before pics. So only can post the after. I had a good amount of skin and fat removed. It used to be a flap that sorta hung down.
So happy with the results and the scarring is so minimal.
Moline Plastic Surgeon