In 1989 at the age of 24 I had a septo/rhinoplasty...

in 1989 at the age of 24 I had a septo/rhinoplasty done in Mobile, Ala with an up and coming ENT Dr. M. Lyons. I was left with no ability to breathe thru my nose, horrific snoring, poor sleep and depression. now 25 yrs later I am going in for repair of my self esteem and nose! I want to keep you all updated, I am making the consultation next week with highly recommended rhino reconstruction specialist Dr. Calvin Johnson in New Orleans.

Im trying to send but its not giving me attachment options :/ .
I know love! I haven't even able to breathe thru my nose in years :/ my family jokes about my snoring.....I would love to show them my true self!
one dermatologist did inject my bridge with Juvaderm when he did my nasolabial folds, great result! it was the first time in 20 years I saw bridge on my nose and I cried for a week, I was so thrilled! send me some b4 n after shots when you get it done! you're in my prayers Bev :)

consult appt made! for Nov. 4, 2013

the lady at surgeons office said yes he specializes in head and neck only, alot of rhino n revisions. he does NOT have alot of b4 and after photos supposedly bc his patients don't want their pic on internet

consultation tomorrow!

tomorrow is my complication in Baton Rouge with Dr Paranek. He is a board certified maxillofacial surgeon who teaches residents at LSU, and a board certified plastic surgeon. he has a great reputation for rhinoplasty revisions. we shall see!!

oops, my CONSULTATION

ill let y'all know what happens!

consult went well

so yesterday I saw Dr Perenak in Baton Rouge about a revision. I am waiting for him to email me the computer altered photos of how I will look after surgery. I'm starting to slip into sadness I'm crying. I think sometimes I'm more afraid of getting it done then leaving my nose with no bridge. he told me to file with my insurance because 100 percent of the surgery is medically necessary! he ordered a cat scan to show to my insurance company that I was left with no bones in my nose at all. so there you have it, 25 years I have lived and the will of God is the only thing holding my nose up on my face

Projected postop images!!

Scheduling my revision for Dec. 5th! after 25 years....I am a bit overwhelmed with this Blessing right now!

I think the computer imaging looks wonderful! I will be praying for you Tracy!
God Bless you! Thank you dearly for prayers. How are you doing and feeling?! Please follow me in Dec, I'll need all y'all alot! :/
Wow beautiful xx

Nervous Nellie

I am going into Dr. Perenak office tomorrow for my preop visit. my revision cost with grafting from the ear and the rib he has to also do a creation of a septum and open breathing on the right: 8750.00$ He does not file insurance so I had to obtain the codes and the pricing for each procedure and file it myself. he told me that everything I'm doing is 100 percent medically .necessary, not cosmetic. He said it was a miracle from God that my nose was even supported on my face at all. I have no septum separating my nostrils and I have no bone or cartilage left in my nose. I have been unable to believe that I could ever trust someone again with a surgery on my face - and I've been trying to hide it and live this way for 25 years. SO.....DEC 5 2013 IS THE BIG DAY FOR ME!! I pray about it a lot and I've put it in Gods hands, and I pray for Dr. Perenak. I can already be emotional so I know the surgery after the anesthesia might be a little tough for me, I cannot convey in words how much yalls support helps and means! Thank you! Thank you!

Thanks from the picture one can see that the bridge of your nose is caved in. What a bad bungle Op . Thanks for sharing.
preop visit went well it was very exciting I got my prescriptions for when I get out of surgery on Dec 5! He is grafting from the ear and rib. praying praying praying for a delightful outcome :)

Dec 5 th Revision omg :)

one week from Thanksgiving is my 25year wait over- revision. im trying not to stress. praying alot. making a last minute emergency appt with the doc to go over everything again and make sure he and I have the same idea in mind!

I'm sorry you had such a terrible outcome from your first operation that of which you lived with for years.... unskilled surgeons like that messing with people's faces disgust me. The computer imagery looks great your a beautiful woman! Do be excited for yourself more so then nervous or stressed. I'm sure it will all turn out perfectly for you.
oh my, very kind of you, ty for the good advice. I am truly going in with gratitude and prayers
your surgery is next Tuesday yes?

4 more days til revision!

say goodbye scooped-out mushy nose with no septum !

Yes it is, 10th of December.
ok, the 3 of us can be in bandages together, emailing each other funny pics!
I will pray for you hun im sure you will be ok and look great :)

OMG tomorrow I will have a new nose!

ok y'all, one last pitiful profile shot of my 'before' ( which in the past I would have never let anyone look at much last take a picture of!)

thank you my fellow bloggers! your support and love is priceless to me,**tear. one last 'before' shot. omw to surgery, stoned on Ativan 2mg, thanks Dr. P !
best wishes for a happy outcome
Good luck tomorrow!!!

one last shot before

stoned omw

ok its over im home!

the surgeon said it went really well he built up by bridge by 8 millimeters he said its almost a centimter. I have to pay bills so please excuse me. he barely took a tiny piece of the ear so that doesn't hurt but my rib is killing me. I'll be treated like a queen in the guest room. thank you for your prayers everyone please keep praying!

thank you! I got started at noon, and omw home by 6 pm. four hour surgery. he said it looks great, I now have a septum and actually I can breathe a little thru it!
the OR staff took pictures of me after the surgery before he put the cast on while.I was still asleep so I will b able to see a little bit of what it will look like
Oh, score!!! Are you going to share the photo when you get it? My surgeon said no way will he do that for me. Oh well. Glad everything went we'll and I am sure you are in great hands with your husband. Happy healing and hope your rib pain fades soon!

for rabbits rabbits rabbits

this is the OR shot when he finished and had Not casted n taped it yet.

postop day 1 was a miracle

yay! I hope there is a real bridge under there!

thank God its over, im not in an pain. im breathing thru my nose! what. a miracle
looking good :) ... look after yourself for best healing

day 2 not on any pain meds

feeling groovey lol

Tracy: I sent you a PM. Is that just tape on your bridge or a hard cast? Either way it looks really straight.
it is soft malleable cast that hardens b4 I woke up. how do I look? I dont have any swelling or bruising, which is typical for me.

ending day 2 no swelling or bruising

doubled up on my antidepressant for two weeks per doc, I feel really happy, healing well. on protein smoothies, no solids

Oh, I just saw your post!!! Does having the photo they took right after surgery make you even more excited to see it "in person" or is it just a relief to know there is a more prominent bridge? I can only imagine getting a revision after your first experience might have been a little nerve-racking. I am in disbelief regarding your swelling and bruising...you look like day 6 or later! Amazing! Looking happy and comfortable...the most important things. Can't wait to see the unveiling...I am sure it will look fantastic! :)

lol

I have No Idea why I said 'please excuse me I have to pay bills' on my earlier post. this anesthesia is still making me really silly

Yay! I'm so excited for you. I am having my revision with the same doc on Dec. 16. Was your first nose job done using an open or closed method? And what method was done for the revision?
both nose surgeries were open. first one for breathing reasons I was left without a septum, and a huge curved out bridge, all cartilage was removed and I couldn't breathe after anyway :( on Dec 5 Dr. Perenak harvested rib and ear cartilage and rebuilt my nose, and created a new septum! I have no pain, or swelling, or bruising. I asked for a picture of me after surgery b4 he casted it so I could see, it looked good. lotsa rest and fluids and im doing hi protein smoothies. I'm excited for you! He is a doll
Sorry, I meant same doc that I had my first surgery with. And I'm glad you are happy with your new nose! My nose is actually still healing & it's healing quite nicely except my incision opened & after being sutured, didn't close up fully... So now a revision has to be done. I trust my doc tho just unfortunately, he nor I knew my body would react to the silicon. Can't wait to read more of your updates! Take cares.

day 4 splint fell off

called the doc at home (so embarrassing) he said tape the splint on til Thursday when I see him. Got to see my AMAZING bridge! OMG TY GOD!

Looks phenomenal! CONGRATS!!!
Oh, I wanted to ask did he do any work on your tip? Just curious.
Looking really good Tracy. I could tell you had a bridge under that cast. It doesn't even look swollen hardly @ all. That was like my tip augmentation with Dr. P. So little swelling I couldn't believe it. When you have a chance please take a pic from the front.

doc made me tape splint back on til Thursday

thats ok, ill put makeup soon!

yes he added ear cartilage to the tip and thinned the skin underneath

one close up day 4

while splint was off

You look awesome!!! I bet you are breathing much better too.
breathing still stuffy but im not complaining! I am Blessed and overwhelmed with gratitude :) just to look like my plain self for the first time in 25 years

12 days postop revision

feeling great, cannot believe I have had no bruising or real swelling

Wow! Your new bridge is beautiful!! But your smile- that's priceless!

2 weeks postop

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

The before shots, just a reminder

nice looking bridge :)
Wow you look amazing! Congrats :)
Omg you look amazing! ! !

Dr. Perenak is AMAZING

just want the world to know that Dr. Perenak has what it takes to rebuild and revise noses with grace!

Your new nose is absolutely gorgeous, congratulations! I'll bet you can't get away from a mirror now ;) Keep us posted on your recovery.
nice! was it closec or opened op?
open

a little bruising on sides of bridge.

tip still subtlety swollen

ty! actually I feel so good on the inside that I rarely look! I do like to feel it tho lol!

postop thrilled

cant believe my happy result!

happy

Greatest xmas present

enjoying xmas, not afraid of people taking pictures of me!

thank you all for such warm and generous compliments!
Your new nose looks great!
You look fab with your new nose! You deserve it.

healing

yea!

Hey tracyfitz: I just saw Dr. P for my own post op visit. I told him how great your nose came out. Please post some recent pictures. We are curious to see how you are progressing.
WOW!!!! Amazing revision! Totally worth it
The swelling in the tipis starting to go down. Looking good!!!!

looking great! 6 wks postop

Cannot believe it, almost NO swelling from the beginning!

somw pics at 6 wks postop

some more pics 6 wks

I am a 20 year patient of his and worked with his wife for many years. He didn't really do a revision, he added a cartilage graft to augment my tip. Didn't touch anything else, no bridge work, oh, he brought in my nostrils & brought them down. I paid $5600. He charged Tracy I think $8000 or so for a rib revision. So it would be somewhere in-between those 2 prices depending on what you need down.
What was your total cost for Dr. Paranek's revision?
8700$ which included rib cartilage graft for my bridge, & ear cartilage graft for my tip. He created an interior septum bc I had none. But used existing tissue from inside my nose. Unfortunately I already have a perforation in it. He also did a turbinectomy (?) On right bc I couldn't get air on the right.

7 wks postop

Happy Happy

I put up 3 more pics for ya. Hope they've clear enough to see Dr. P's handiwork. Ty for all of the encouragement!
Mobile Facial Plastic Surgeon

dr. Lyons told me what a great result I had. I said YOU TOOK OFF THE BRIDGE OF MY NOSE! he said no worries, I can fix that with some fillers. Hmmmm, was he going to pay? my insurance paid for the septoplasty and he didn't charge me for the rhinoplasty. Got what I paid for :/