Full TT, Lipo and Breast Lift with Inplant 4 Days Away! 1-10-11 - Missouri

I am a 37 year old mother of 2. I had 9 1/2 and 8...

I am a 37 year old mother of 2. I had 9 1/2 and 8 1/2 pound babies via c-section. I am 5'3" and weigh 138 pounds. I am in pretty good physical shape. I have a lot of stretch marks and a saggy, bulging belly that "flaps over". I own every tummy binder / waist cincher that is made I think. I CAN NOT wait to not have to wear those uncomfortable things again!

I am scared to death about my upcoming surgery Monday. But after finding this website tonight I am starting to feel better. Reading all of the great stories is starting to ease my mind.

I will post before and after pictures as soon as I take some and will continue to post throughout this process

Well, tomorrow is the big day! I am so excited and...

Well, tomorrow is the big day! I am so excited and scared to death. I have finally got everything packed and ready to go. Didn't realize that figuring out what to wear would be so difficult! Ha! My husband will be taking my before pics tonight so I will post some after I am home.

OH MY GOSH!! If you are thinking about this...

OH MY GOSH!! If you are thinking about this surgery and are at all hesitant... DON'T BE! This is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I had the surgery Monday afternoon (1-10-11), stayed in a hotel that night close to my Dr. office and went in for my checkup the next morning. My Dr. and is nurse were amazed at how well I was doing. We had a two hour drive home after that. We even stopped and went inside Arby's to eat lunch!

Since I have been home it has been fine. I've showered by myself, changed clothes, etc. The drains are annoying but this week is going fast so they will be gone soon. I have kept on top of my pain meds, which I highly recommend! It makes this experience much easier. I am almost standing upright at this point. Just trying to not overdo it.

I do not have one single regret at this point. I am swollen and bruised and nothing looks as it should or will. I keep reminding myself of that. Still haven't posted pics but I will soon!

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

I'm having a TT, but sure wish I could've afforded the breast lift and implants at the same time. They may be my next goal. ;o)

Looking forward to your pics.
Lori, how did you sleep that first night? did you sleep in the bed? sleeping is my biggest worry for after surgery. Also I was told I couldn't shower until the drain came out (7-10 days!!!) not sure I can go that long! Are you still doing well now that you're home? Your progress is my favorite story here so far... Thanks!
I slept amazingly well the first night. We stayed in a hotel close to the Dr. office and I slept in the bed with a lot of pillows behind my back and a couple under my legs. My husband actually had to keep waking me up to take my pain meds on time. Make sure you stay on top of those!! They are KEY to you staying comfortable.

I saw the Dr. the next morning and he sent me home with the garment I am wearing for a week but told me to shower before I put it on at home. I have showered every day since surgery.

I am doing great! I am not fond of this garment I am wearing. It is very tight. The drain tubes arent bad at all. Mine dont have to be drained a lot now. They will at first.

Don't worry! You will be fine! Do what your Dr. tells you and REST! Just keep thinking of the outcome!
Congrats that everything went well for you! What a relief I'm sure. Please keep us posted on your progress and I hope things continue to go well for you :)

Glad to hear you are doing so well!  But remember you need to take it super easy even if you feel good.  You do not want to wear yourself out and cause a set back in your wonderful progress.

Can't wait to see those pictures :)
Lori, congrats on your surgery. Sounds like you had the outcome we all hope for! I'm glad you're doing so well.
That is amazing! I love hearing stories like this! I pray mine goes as well!

Good luck today! *Sending happy thoughts your way*

I will be saying a prayer for you and your family today! Cant wait to see your results!

Hi Lori,

I will be thinking about you on Monday!!  You will come through just fine and will be home and recovering before you know it.

For the first two weeks post OP just focus on rest, pain meds, fluids and a healthy diet.  Let everyone take care of you for awhile and don't try to push anything.   The better you are to yourself the first two weeks the easier your recovery will be.

I look forward to reading your posts and seeing your before and after pics.

So are you in a cleaning and organization frenzy this weekend?   I about drive my family nuts the last three days before surgery.

You are really going to be amazed at how flat our tummy will be after.  Best thing I ever did for myself.  Keep us up to date :)

How did you find the RealSelf site?

Hooray! You found us. I'm so glad. We're here for you with information and support. Just let us know how we can help.

Looking forward to seeing your photos. If you're interested in making a video, let me know and I'll help you through the process. It's fun and you get lots of feedback!

best wishes for your TT Lori! I love this website. I'm scheduled for Jan. 21 and I thought I was crazy for being so scared, but LOTS of people have the same thoughts and feelings and they are coming out of the procedure with such positive things to say. I look forward to your post-op posts!