I Deserve This! - Missouri

I've wanted this for almost a decade. After...

I've wanted this for almost a decade. After having 3 children and a miscarriage within 3 years my body was shot. I gained 60 lbs with my first child and then 30 with the second and 35 with the third. I learned my lesson after the first pregnancy and didn't eat everthing in sight with the other two, but unfortunately already had the miles of stretch marks as the consequence of that little life lesson.

Well, my youngest is about to turn 10 and I've wanted this for a very long time. After making it through the very difficult first few years of my babies lives (having 3 in under 3 years was very hard on me physically and emotionally), and struggling with depression, I've gone through several years of becoming healthier. I've changed my diet, become regular at exercising and lost all of the weight I gained with pregnancies and even got down to my wedding weight. I never thought I'd get back there! But, after all that work I've still got a saggy baggy belly that I have to tuck into my pants. And my boobs, that weren't exactly awe inspiring before children, now look worse. So, it's time for this mommy's makeover!

Gonna have have a BA, FTT w MR and lower body lipo on 5/31. I've got my pre-op coming up on 5/18. I've got my list of last-minute questions and am starting to feel pretty excited and nervous! I'm really not looking forward to the immobility and swell hell parts of recovery, but am trying to keep a positive outlook.

I'll post some before pics here soon and will keep posting all my random thoughts for anyone who's interested. I'm kinda looking at this as my own journal that anyone and everyone can read if they so choose! Then I'll have it documented and be able to go back and read it later.

My pre-op is tomorrow! I just got the phone call...

My pre-op is tomorrow! I just got the phone call to confirm my appointment. I thought I'd be more nervous, but really I'm just ready to get this ball rolling! I can't wait til surgery day!!!
I'll be deciding what size implants to get (I'm going with saline unders) and talking about the location of my TT scar. Will also be getting blood work done. Between giving blood and paying for all of this, I'm gonna feel like I've been bled dry! ;-) And of course we'll be going over all of the things I should and should not do before and after surgery.
We'll also be taking the before pictures. :-( I'm not looking forward to those other than that will be my benchmark to look back on and say, "Wow! I look so much better now!".
I plan on having my husband take some before pics here at home too and I'll post those soon.
I'm eager to see if it feels a lot more "real" after my appt tomorrow. Right now it still feels somewhat far off. I've dreamed about having this done for so long that even though the process is happening it still hasn't quite sunk in all the way for me.

I had my pre-op today! It does feel more real now!...

I had my pre-op today! It does feel more real now! I asked lots of questions and got lots of answers. I really like my PS and his staff. They all make me feel very comfortable during this very unnerving process. I also had my before pics taken and had blood drawn. And paid an arm and a leg!!! It will be sooo worth it though!
I had my husband take some before pics later when we got home so I can post some befores here.

Well... One week from today at this time of the...

Well... One week from today at this time of the evening, I will be in a post-op, pain medicated haze. Hopefully sleeping peacefully. :-)
One more week! This next week is gonna take for-ev-er. I've got lots of stuff happening every day so hopefully it won't really feel like it's dragging by too slow. But there are moments when life slows down just a bit and then it feels like next Tuesday will never come. I'm so ready. But then at the same time I sometimes think, 'What am I doing??? Can I really go through with this?'.

Well... this time tomorrow I'll be sleeping...

Well... this time tomorrow I'll be sleeping peacefully whilst my PS will be sculpting and molding a more beautiful body for me! I'm on my way to a Memorial Day picnic with friends this afternoon. We'll drop kids off at grandparents this evening. They've graciously agreed to watch them the next 2 nights.
So far not much in the way of nerves. I'm hoping I don't have any problems getting to sleep and staying that way til morning! I've definitely been in a 'nesting' phase the last couple of days. My husband keeps saying "You know I'm not going to be incapacitated too. I'll be able to do dishes, laundry, etc.". I think its finally occuring to me that I'm not going to be able to do much of anything for a few weeks and that's causing me to want to move as much as possible now while I still can!
I think I've got everything I need ready. I don't have as extensive of a list as some. I hope I don't find my modest list severely lacking during my recovery. Although, as my wonderful husband has pointed out, he will be willing and able to go to the store and get anything I need. :-) I sure love him! He's been nothing but supportive. Thank goodness. I don't think I could do this if he wasn't behind me all the way.

So here goes my first "after" update on my review....

So here goes my first "after" update on my review. Surgery was supposed to start at 1pm, but didn't get started til 1:30. I was feeling pretty nervous once they got me gowned, marked up and an IV going. My poor hubby was more nervous than me though. I at least got to be put to sleep. He even asked if they could hook him up with something to help him get thru the next few hours! I gave him a kiss then headed into the operating room. The last thing I remember after being scrubbed down with an antimicrobial wash was laying back on the table and being covered up with a sheet. I don't remember much of anything afterwards. Even though my husband says I was awake and communicating with everyone I don't recall any of it.
Surgery took about 4 hours. I don't remember when we got home. I didn't sleep very well that night, but with the anesthesia still in me I didn't have much pain. I do remember being extremely thirsty for about 24 hours after. I couldn't get enough liquid!
I don't really count my surgery day as my first day since it wasn't til evening that I got home. So my first "day" was yesterday (Wednesday). It was rough. I had a hard time waiting the 4 hours until the next pain meds. Lots of liquids going in and coming out. Both in the bathroom and my TT drain. We had to empty the drain a lot overnight and the first day. It's slowed down today (day 2). We went to my first post-op appt at 11am and they showed me how to change my bandages. I got a look at everything, but couldn't really see my boobs without a mirror. My tummy incision looked good though. Nice and low. Doc and nurse were happy with my progress.
My back is already killing me from bending over when I walk back and forth to the bathroom. I really need to try to find a walker. Day 2 is much like day 1, but slightly worse. My boobs are very swollen and I've had to ice them several times. It feels kind of like when my milk came in after having babies. I ended up with mastitis in one breast then so I hope that doesn't mean that I'll get a hematoma after my breast aug now. Of course everything just hurts. Like I've been run over by a mack truck. Lots of achiness, bruising and stiffness. Very sore. And today my MR started to seize up and cramp. We called the nurse and she said it's because those tummy muscles aren't used to being used together the way they are now.
I had 2 visitors today. My mom and mom-in-law came by. My MIL brought over dinner. Very nice. I'm still not really feeling like eating much, but the husband and kids sure enjoyed it!
I'll update more in a day or two. Once I start feeling better I'll try to get some after pics.

I've been meaning to post my before stats on here....

I've been meaning to post my before stats on here. I used my scale that tells me bodyfat %, etc. And a tape measure for the measurements. I don't know if all of these are really neccessary, but I figured it was my only chance to get all of this info cuz surery is kinda permanent! And I'm hoping these will all be at least slightly different in my afters.

Height - 5'5"
Weight - 124.4 lbs
Bodyfat - 21.3%
Water - 56.9%
Muscle mass - 39.6%

Chest - 34" (across nipples) 30" (ribcage, under boobs)
Arms - L 11" R 11"
Waist - 29" (at bellybutton)
Hips - 38"
Thighs - L 21 1/2" R 21

Obviously my height won't be changing, but I'm excited to see what and how the rest of it changes. I'm not sure exactly when I'll post afters. Maybe around the 4-6 month mark. I think that will give me the best chance to make sure all of my swelling is done and my boobs have fully dropped and fluffed.

Well today makes day 9. Yesterday I got my BA...

Well today makes day 9. Yesterday I got my BA stiches out. I'll get my bellybutton stiches out next week, at my 2 week mark. I'm still not completely upright. That's pretty frustrating because I'm feeling pretty good otherwise and am getting soooo tired of sitting on my butt. I'm ready to get up and moving more, but it's hurting my back! And because I haven't told very many people I haven't had any chances to get out of the house other than doc visits. The last 2 days I've been pretty "swell". I know the swelling lasts for awhile, but it can't get over fast enough for me! That's about it for now!
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Swanson is very knowledgable and talented, but doesn't ever speak above my level of understanding. Among the many things that drew me toward him was his very low TT incisions. He and his staff are very friendy, professional and extremely helpful. I've been more than pleased with Dr. Swanson and his staff.